Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BBM is a little different

It seems you're not able to save your chat history, as it's predecessor always did. Also turning off notifications, particularly the updates on bbm can't be done. Maybe I'm not finding the options to do either but I'm certain you can't. Which to me is a bummer, because I like saving all types of communication for reference at work.
    CrackBerry User

You can save chat history, it's an option in BBM, simply swipe down when in BBM and you will find the settings.
    #BB10BELIEVE
    Thanked by 2:
    b320 (02-15-2013),  RubberChicken76 (02-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Pretty sure you can save chat history.

Open up bbm> swipe down from the top>tap settings >scroll down to save chat history>tap/swipe to ''ON''.

Have to remember apps will have their own settings.
    Thanked by:
    RubberChicken76 (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by The Furbz View Post
    You can save chat history, it's an option in BBM, simply swipe down when in BBM and you will find the settings.
    #BB10BELIEVE
    Really? I have had a bb since the scroll wheel and no colour. I have no idea why I can't figure this out. How about the update notifications? Any idea on that? Thanks Furbz
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by RECOOL View Post
    Pretty sure you can save chat history.

Open up bbm> swipe down from the top>tap settings >scroll down to save chat history>tap/swipe to ''ON''.

Have to remember apps will have their own settings.
    Thanks Recool
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by WurstBlackberryUser View Post
    Really? I have had a bb since the scroll wheel and no colour. I have no idea why I can't figure this out. How about the update notifications? Any idea on that? Thanks Furbz
    With regards to updates, you can block per bbm contact I believe, but if you have many that would be a pain

Then again, maybe you only want to do it for those who frequently change (3,4+ times a day lol)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by dietertong View Post
    With regards to updates, you can block per bbm contact I believe, but if you have many that would be a pain

Then again, maybe you only want to do it for those who frequently change (3,4+ times a day lol)
    Yeah I find them a pain in general haha, and find them reoccurring too. Especially on profile picture changes
    Thanked by:
    simonfa (02-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Does anyone know if you can add someone using device PIN? I only see options for scanning barcode or send invitation to a person in your contacts list
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    PIN
    @SurrealCivic

yes, you can scan the barcode or input the pin itself.
    CrackBerry User

Would the PIN go in the "To" field? I wish they had made it more clear e.g giving "Add contact from Contacts List" , "Add contact using PIN" etc..in the options, but as long as it works, I am good. Thanks, SC
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WurstBlackberryUser View Post
    It seems you're not able to save your chat history, as it's predecessor always did. Also turning off notifications, particularly the updates on bbm can't be done. Maybe I'm not finding the options to do either but I'm certain you can't. Which to me is a bummer, because I like saving all types of communication for reference at work.
    Yes you can hide the updates for BBM click on the updates tab in BBM then press and hold on the users update then click hide updates. The problem is that you would have to do it for each BBM contact

Quote Originally Posted by mussaz View Post
    Would the PIN go in the "To" field? I wish they had made it more clear e.g giving "Add contact from Contacts List" , "Add contact using PIN" etc..in the options, but as long as it works, I am good. Thanks, SC
    Yes thats where you put the pin, as you type once you have entered a valid pin the dropout under the field will have "PIN: ????????????" ? will be the pin you have entered
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

@ big bb: The updates status on bbm is still flawed, because unless someone has an update you can't really hide anything, it should just be an on and off switch in the settings. And the fact it's done individually as opposed to being able to change the option for the whole list is even worse. Blackberry needs to update their OS soon
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD6BA20

Once you save the chat history on my bb9900 I could go into the menu n choose view chat history. how do I view it on the z10? Anyone?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SneakySnufflez View Post
    Once you save the chat history on my bb9900 I could go into the menu n choose view chat history. how do I view it on the z10? Anyone?
    I dont know brother.I thought saved chat history only stayed within the chat? Once you closed the chat the history was gone.I was under impression saved chat history ment you could scroll back on the convo and not just be given last 2-3 sentences.

Anyway BBM still got flaws imo.Has ayone got GIF image to work as display pic??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

How about sending MMS quality vids now?

I can only choose 1080p or 720p... much too large to send via BBM
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts

My issue with BBM is that I am forced to use bubbles. I was always a stripes guy and I miss it. Also the fact that you can't colour code people is missing

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Back from the depths!!!
    9000>>9950>>8530>>9810>>Z10>>iPhone 5>>Z10