Does anyone know if BBM on blackberry 10 will be integrated into text messaging - similar to how imessage works on an iphone - or will it be it's own separate app like it is on the previous OSs?

Sorry if this was asked somewhere else, I did a quick search and didn't see it.
    01-14-13 01:37 PM
    BBM is it's own app as like previous versions.

BBM can do more than just message people, so it is deserving of it's own app.
    01-14-13 01:45 PM
    If you're contacting someone on an iphone it can do more than one thing too...imessage, facetime, etc. I'm a long time BBM user but I think it would be more convenient to have all the additional functionality linked into the existing apps. I've always thought it's kind of a pain having to go into a different app to text different people, now that fewer and fewer of my friends have blackberries I often forget that someone does and don't even think of using BBM. I for one hope that in future versions of the OS BBM is integrated into the default text messaging app, or at least hope that all of the possible options for a given contact are integrated within that contact.
    01-14-13 02:15 PM
    For BlackBerry 10 every type of communication is in one place, called the hub.
    01-14-13 02:19 PM
    If you're contacting someone on an iphone it can do more than one thing too...imessage, facetime, etc. I'm a long time BBM user but I think it would be more convenient to have all the additional functionality linked into the existing apps. I've always thought it's kind of a pain having to go into a different app to text different people, now that fewer and fewer of my friends have blackberries I often forget that someone does and don't even think of using BBM. I for one hope that in future versions of the OS BBM is integrated into the default text messaging app, or at least hope that all of the possible options for a given contact are integrated within that contact.
    You don't have to go into a different app, Universal Inbox and soon The Hub brings them all together. I don't see the problem there.

A lot of people use BBM because they don't wanna give their phone number out, that would no longer be possible if they integrate it with sms.
    01-14-13 02:21 PM
    Does anyone know if BBM on blackberry 10 will be integrated into text messaging - similar to how imessage works on an iphone - or will it be it's own separate app like it is on the previous OSs?

Sorry if this was asked somewhere else, I did a quick search and didn't see it.
    On current BBs you can include your text message contacts in the BBM app. That way you just have to use BBM. BB10 will likely allow something similar.
    01-14-13 02:30 PM
    On current BBs you can include your text message contacts in the BBM app. That way you just have to use BBM. BB10 will likely allow something similar.
    They were not need to add that feature, because they have the hub were you can do your texting and BBMing in one place. being able to add text contacts to BBM would be redundant
    01-15-13 08:33 AM