Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. kdklein's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    329 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BBM Integrated into texts?

    Does anyone know if BBM on blackberry 10 will be integrated into text messaging - similar to how imessage works on an iphone - or will it be it's own separate app like it is on the previous OSs?

    Sorry if this was asked somewhere else, I did a quick search and didn't see it.
  2. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,673 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #2  

    Default

    BBM is it's own app as like previous versions.

    BBM can do more than just message people, so it is deserving of it's own app.
    XoXoXo
  3. kdklein's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    329 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    If you're contacting someone on an iphone it can do more than one thing too...imessage, facetime, etc. I'm a long time BBM user but I think it would be more convenient to have all the additional functionality linked into the existing apps. I've always thought it's kind of a pain having to go into a different app to text different people, now that fewer and fewer of my friends have blackberries I often forget that someone does and don't even think of using BBM. I for one hope that in future versions of the OS BBM is integrated into the default text messaging app, or at least hope that all of the possible options for a given contact are integrated within that contact.
  4. big bb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    For BlackBerry 10 every type of communication is in one place, called the hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
  5. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    13,684 Posts
    PIN
    27F48177
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdklein View Post
    If you're contacting someone on an iphone it can do more than one thing too...imessage, facetime, etc. I'm a long time BBM user but I think it would be more convenient to have all the additional functionality linked into the existing apps. I've always thought it's kind of a pain having to go into a different app to text different people, now that fewer and fewer of my friends have blackberries I often forget that someone does and don't even think of using BBM. I for one hope that in future versions of the OS BBM is integrated into the default text messaging app, or at least hope that all of the possible options for a given contact are integrated within that contact.
    You don't have to go into a different app, Universal Inbox and soon The Hub brings them all together. I don't see the problem there.

    A lot of people use BBM because they don't wanna give their phone number out, that would no longer be possible if they integrate it with sms.
  6. jonty12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,712 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,767 Global Posts
    PIN
    333BCCA7
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kdklein View Post
    Does anyone know if BBM on blackberry 10 will be integrated into text messaging - similar to how imessage works on an iphone - or will it be it's own separate app like it is on the previous OSs?

    Sorry if this was asked somewhere else, I did a quick search and didn't see it.
    On current BBs you can include your text message contacts in the BBM app. That way you just have to use BBM. BB10 will likely allow something similar.
  7. big bb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonty12 View Post
    On current BBs you can include your text message contacts in the BBM app. That way you just have to use BBM. BB10 will likely allow something similar.
    They were not need to add that feature, because they have the hub were you can do your texting and BBMing in one place. being able to add text contacts to BBM would be redundant
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!

Similar Threads

  1. sms thread is integrated into bbm?!?!?!?!
    By Mike.Ward.Jr in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
  2. sms thread is integrated into bbm?!?!?!?!
    By Mike.Ward.Jr in forum Native BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 10:47 AM
  3. Integrated Flexible Text Prediction
    By louiedawg in forum Storm OS Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 11:18 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 10:28 AM
  5. OEM Browser - inserting returns into text fields.
    By the7thcircle in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM

Posting Permissions