Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael Stewart
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BBM group notification in Z10 sounds driving me nuts! Any way to customize?

I can't seem to find the option to customize notifications and sounds for BBM Groups on the Z10. As it is now, there is no way to turn off sound notifications for BBM group msgs/updates without turning all BBM notifications off on the Z10 (Unless I missed it). Anyone have any ideas?

This is really annoying for those of us that are in a lot of groups, since we want to be able to still receive notifications for regular msgs, but not every single group updates and chats.

If the feature really isn't there, hopefully BlackBerry re-adds the option to customize sounds/notifications for BBM Groups at some point. Perhaps just add it as a separate category under Settings -> Notifications, similar to BBM and BBM Video.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here its driving me absolutely crazy...can it be that they didn't put this feature in?!?! Profiles generally were way more customisable... i had different vibrate lengths for different notifications and it became second nature knowing what was an important msg and what wasnt without even taking my phone out of my pocket
    CrackBerry Addict

This is not supported in the launch version of BlackBerry 10 *but* there is a workaround. See: How to Toggle On / Off BlackBerry 10 BBM Groups Message Notifications - N4BB

As it relies on removing the BBM Group that's causing you problems from the BlackBerry Hub, you may or may not like this workaround.
    CrackBerry Abuser

For me even that workaround doesn't work. It doesn't matter do I turn on or off certain hub item, it just stays there... I cannot customize my hub on 10.1
    Blackberry 8100 -> 9700 -> 9900 -> Z10 STL100-2 + Nokia E71
    Somebody asked you bribe? Report them anonymously on BribeSpot.com
    CrackBerry Addict

On the main page of the bbm group you are having trouble with hit the 3 vertical dots button on the bottom right.

Go to group settings and turn off "Show chats in BlackBerry hub"

You can do the same with pictures. Do this to all groups you don't want notifications to.

BBM group notification in Z10 sounds driving me nuts! Any way to customize?-img_00000343.png

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    Marko M1 (09-29-2013) 
    Marko M1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Use bebuzz

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,937 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mounir Habib View Post
    Same here its driving me absolutely crazy...can it be that they didn't put this feature in?!?! Profiles generally were way more customisable... i had different vibrate lengths for different notifications and it became second nature knowing what was an important msg and what wasnt without even taking my phone out of my pocket
    I don't use BBM, but same here. One buzz for school email (less important and high volume), two for text messages, three for personal email (important), and five for a couple specific contacts that I usually answer right away. It's odd that they don't let you have four buzzes, or have different lengths and combinations.

For that matter, they should add back proper Profile customisation instead of the muck they have now. I remember that on my dad's old 2002 Nokia phone, you pressed the power button once to change profiles. Obviously that wouldn't work now, but they should have a quick way to customise and switch them.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10