- CrackBerry Abuser
- 162 Posts
BBM group notification in Z10 sounds driving me nuts! Any way to customize?
I can't seem to find the option to customize notifications and sounds for BBM Groups on the Z10. As it is now, there is no way to turn off sound notifications for BBM group msgs/updates without turning all BBM notifications off on the Z10 (Unless I missed it). Anyone have any ideas?
This is really annoying for those of us that are in a lot of groups, since we want to be able to still receive notifications for regular msgs, but not every single group updates and chats.
If the feature really isn't there, hopefully BlackBerry re-adds the option to customize sounds/notifications for BBM Groups at some point. Perhaps just add it as a separate category under Settings -> Notifications, similar to BBM and BBM Video.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-11-2013, 11:56 PM #2
- 5 Posts
Same here its driving me absolutely crazy...can it be that they didn't put this feature in?!?! Profiles generally were way more customisable... i had different vibrate lengths for different notifications and it became second nature knowing what was an important msg and what wasnt without even taking my phone out of my pocket
- CrackBerry Addict
02-13-2013, 09:50 PM #3
- 808 Posts
This is not supported in the launch version of BlackBerry 10 *but* there is a workaround. See: How to Toggle On / Off BlackBerry 10 BBM Groups Message Notifications - N4BB
As it relies on removing the BBM Group that's causing you problems from the BlackBerry Hub, you may or may not like this workaround.
- By go_mac_never_go_back in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 7Last Post: 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM
- By ache89 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
- By ache89 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2011, 07:54 AM
- By frango9000 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-25-2009, 09:00 PM
- By cchschroeder in forum BlackBerry Pearl FlipReplies: 5Last Post: 03-01-2009, 01:40 AM