Hi Guys,

Just finished the live streaming and Thorsten said that BBM is going to be available to other platforms in summer. Do you guys think that this is a great idea? Please share your thoughts? Personally, I think it is a great move and it would certainly create more awareness it, but of course, should there be a separation on BBM for a BlackBerry User and other platform users; in terms of functionality and features.... Hmmm.... What say you?

Cheers,
    John H
    05-14-13 10:09 AM
    This is so much Good news.

But what's the point in buying a Blackberry device now?
    05-14-13 10:10 AM
    Although I think this is a great idea, I am a little concerned with the fact that it looks like it's going to be completely full featured and free. That means no revenue source and no enticement to migrate back to a BlackBerry...

See my other thread "The Future of BBM..." to see what I think makes much more sense for BlackBerry @ this time

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:13 AM
    This is so much Good news.

But what's the point in buying a Blackberry device now?
    You buy it for the wicked OS and the unique experience that it is and will be enabling, not because of BBM.
    05-14-13 10:14 AM
    WHY I MUST BUY BLACKBERRY DEVICE IF ANOTHER PLATFORM CAN USE BBM??????

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 10:27 AM
    More advantages than disadvantages for blackberry
    People can still install Whatsapp and etc for cross platform. There is no "advantage " to begin with. Looks like BB is working towards a OS company.

They cant win the hardware competition either so.... I think there should be more and more functionality with the OS/BBM and licensing should be comming .
    05-14-13 10:29 AM
    I think they've monetized this strategy from the "BBM channels" that Thor announced in the keynote. Companies will pay big bucks to advertise directly to users on their mobile phones.
    SDTRMG and nuke99 like this.
    05-14-13 10:34 AM
    I think they've monetized this strategy from the "BBM channels" that Thor announced in the keynote. Companies will pay big bucks to advertise directly to users on their mobile phones.
    Yup..I think so too. Me like

Thank you and Welcome
    05-14-13 08:41 PM
    Hmm... thank you for the comments guys. I would really like to see screen share on an iOS or Android
    05-14-13 10:02 PM
    Ads are annoying, just look at Facebook trying to figure out how to make a buck on mobile.

Cross platform for bbm now is a sign of desperation. It's not going to make anyone choose a blackberry now.
    05-14-13 10:07 PM
    Function for BBM on a BlackBerry phone could be slightly enhanced to make it more the central hub than the friends' phones using BBM on a nonBB phone.

But, I bought, z10 phone without knowing BBM in any way. Have not used BBM once. Never. More than three months using Z10 and never even tried BBM once. Never even asked anyone to do a demo BBM chat with me.
    05-14-13 11:34 PM