I know there are many threads on this but I haven't found a solution.

I backed up my BB 9630 running BB7 (BBM 6) on the media card using switch device. I inputted the media card into my Q5 running BB10. All things got transfered except for my BBM contact list.

I wiped my BB 9630 and did the device switch and the BBM contacts loaded back so I know the media card has the information.

Does anyone know how I can get my BBM contacts transfered to my new Q5?

Thanks
    09-18-13 07:53 AM
    They should've once you signed into BBID.
    09-18-13 08:17 AM
    hope you backed up your BBOS using BB Protect? if you did and you log in to your BB10 with the same BBID, the BBM contacts come back
    09-18-13 08:22 AM
    I had 2 different BBID wihtout realizing it. So now I have both on the same one. But BBM contacts didn't get loaded on my Q5... I don't know how to make sure I have backed them up on the old BB via BBID.

Not sure what to do. Tried BB Link from laptop, didn't work. And the SD way didn't work either.
    09-18-13 08:34 AM
    Ok, how do I back it up to my BBID? Says it is sending an email to be automatically verified. It says email sent, but nothing is happening. I checked my junk, nothing is there.
    I am logged into my BBID on my phone.

I just wiped my Q5 and opened the BBM app. Signed into BBID, and it says "temporary server error". Any idea?

EDIT: no longer says temporary sever error. It continued and no contacts synced. I'm stumped.
    Last edited by nidserz; 09-18-13 at 10:32 AM.
    09-18-13 08:59 AM
    Update: I figured out a way.

I downloaded BBM 7 on my old blackberry (9360) which was running BBM 6.1... that's why it hadn't linked my BBID to my BBM contact list. Once that upgraded, I signed into my BBID on my old phone, after a few errors, it finally associated with each other.

I then had to wipe my new BB10, and I set up as new again, skipped signing into BBID, opened BBM, and there I signed into my BBID, and my contacts transfered over.

Thanks everyone and hope this helps anyone in the future.
    09-19-13 07:06 AM