Hi. On BBM Channels, I probably follow about 20 channels. I had a little purge, leaving a few that haven't updated for ages, and I get 'Error in Unsubscribing, please try again. It's only some channels.

I'm on the 1055 leak, and I'm wondering if it's to do with this? Maybe these are channels added after I installed the leak... I can't recall TBH... any ideas or a solution?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 11:59 AM
    Favorite the channel, then de-favorite, then unsubscribe.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 12:13 PM
    Favorite the channel, then de-favorite, then unsubscribe.

Posted via CB10
    Cheers. Had already seen and tried that. Didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:15 PM
    No one else?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:29 PM
    Anyone have another solution yet?
    01-02-14 04:34 PM
    Thurask's answer just worked for me

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-02-14 07:20 PM
    I've find that sometime it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Above solution didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:25 AM
    Having the Problem that I can't unsubscribe from Channels I subscribed during Beta. I have tried dozens of Combinations of OS+BBM Versions: No Luck. I am Beta Tester since Day 1.

I have discussed this with a Developer in a Thread in the Beta Zone and will submit a special Log File during the weekend. I hope they will find a in the near future.

Posted via CB10 App / [email protected]
    01-03-14 04:00 PM
    Well that's strange: I don't know if they changed something but I was able to leave 2 Channels. Have nothing changed on my Device or in the BBM App. Just trying to create the detailed Log File.

Well the Dev said he will take a look into it (I already gave him lots of Details like the Channels I have the problem with and combinations of OS+BBM Version Numbers and other stuff).

Not sure if they find the Bug after months finally or it is just luck.

People please try to unsubscribe right now and give Feedback here to let us know. If you like, name the Channels you have unsubscribed.

01-03-14 04:32 PM
    Well that's strange: I don't know if they changed something but I was able to leave 2 Channels. Have nothing changed on my Device or in the BBM App. Just trying to create the detailed Log File.

Well the Dev said he will take a look into it (I already gave him lots of Details like the Channels I have the problem with and combinations of OS+BBM Version Numbers and other stuff).

Not sure if they find the Bug after months finally or it is just luck.

People please try to unsubscribe right now and give Feedback here to let us know. If you like, name the Channels you have unsubscribed.

I still cant unsubscribe 2 channel from my bbm. Its a LifeHack and Top Apps for BlackBerry.
    01-03-14 09:39 PM
    Same issue here on my Q10.
    02-19-14 12:07 PM
    Solved!

I transferred my BBM account to an unused device (Q5), and after the syncronisation finished, moved back to my original phone (Q10).

Working fine.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    02-21-14 07:24 AM
    Solved!

I transferred my BBM account to an unused device (Q5), and after the syncronisation finished, moved back to my original phone (Q10).

Working fine.
    Only solution that worked for me. Now for the folks with only one phone around this may me more of an issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 09:19 PM
    Giving error while unsubscribing "bbin" and "BB10 HD Wallpaper" on STL100-2, 10.2.1.2102 release

EDIT: Doing a Favorite and undoing it does not work also with "Top Apps for BlackBerry"
    03-20-14 01:24 AM
    If you only have one phone and can't perform the above method then try this. Backup your phone on link as usual. Do a device wipe. Setup BlackBerry ID and restore BBM, make sure all is well and then do a restore of your backup via link.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:18 AM
    Heads up. I had this issue and after a month the issue just went away. I suspect the BBM servers don't update BBID Pins that often for channels unless it's invoked on a device switch or when you login to BBM on another device. Sometimes backing up and switching causes some issues with it on BlackBerry.

- Developer of PinGuin
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-20-14 07:42 AM