with the new launch of BBMV in the BetaZone its kind of a no brainier that BB10 will have this feature as well. Also the fact that BBM will be using BBID to back up and store you contact list is solves how to get BBM on your PB without having two PINs and therefor two different contact lists. We have all seen the front facing camera on the BB10 L-series so a video chat option is almost guaranteed. Will they mix BBMV and a possible video chat together? that would give RIM a huge advantage over the other guys, IMO.

I don't own an iPod or have seen someone use FaceTime so im not sure if it has to be wi-fi or on the cell network but if RIM could come up with a special "communication plan" with cell providers that lets you use this BBMV and BBM video-chat over the cell network it would be a winning combination.

anyone feel the same or different? any other idea about what the future has in store for BBM on BB10?
    11-20-12 10:31 AM
    BBM + Vid chat isn't "almost guaranteed", RIM has already announced they'll be integrated on BB10.
    11-20-12 10:34 AM
    BBM + Vid chat isn't "almost guaranteed", RIM has already announced they'll be integrated on BB10.
    guess i missed that announcement LOL. is it on the BBM website or else ware?

EDIT: just did a Google search for BBM video chat. found the line that TH used at the shareholders meeting this past July, "With upgrading it into a new experience, think about adding features on BB10 such as video chat, for example, within BBM". So i guess this is a confirmation then...
    11-20-12 10:48 AM
    guess i missed that announcement LOL. is it on the BBM website or else ware?

EDIT: just did a Google search for BBM video chat. found the line that TH used at the shareholders meeting this past July, "With upgrading it into a new experience, think about adding features on BB10 such as video chat, for example, within BBM". So i guess this is a confirmation then...
    I can't remember the source off the top of my head (might have been either the Inside Blackberry blog or the Developer blog), but it has been confirmed. You can already vid chat on BBM on the Dev Alpha units.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    11-20-12 10:53 AM
    Imagine Blackberry video chat integration with skype!!... that would be awesome.... no need for the skype app
    11-20-12 11:03 AM
    Imagine Blackberry video chat integration with skype!!... that would be awesome.... no need for the skype app
    or WhatsApp comes out with a vid-chat option to their cross platform chatting. ya it would eat your data but this is why we have data compression on our BBs.
    11-20-12 11:07 AM
    I can't remember the source off the top of my head (might have been either the Inside Blackberry blog or the Developer blog), but it has been confirmed. You can already vid chat on BBM on the Dev Alpha units.
    Do you have a Dev Alpha? because I have one and they do not have the functionality to do video chat or voice chat yet.

Video and voice chat will be integerated with BBM. I had a chat will Jeff Gadway and they will have other things in BBM also.
    11-20-12 11:40 AM
    The Dev Alpha BBM is a pretty early version. Very buggy and has to be restarted a lot. I'm happy to have it on the Dev Alpha but really looking forward to see the final build of BBM at launch and the functionalities it will have
    11-20-12 05:59 PM
    The Dev Alpha BBM is a pretty early version. Very buggy and has to be restarted a lot. I'm happy to have it on the Dev Alpha but really looking forward to see the final build of BBM at launch and the functionalities it will have
    I guess you need to wait until next week. I heard RIM will update the OS. And we can see what's coming to dev alpha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-20-12 06:11 PM
    Well, I just start wondering, having PB and BB phone - both using the same BBID, about the ability to have voice/video chat between the two devices.

Not to mention in the family we are planning to get at least one more PB, and being responsible for family technologies, I was thinking the second PB to be on the same BBID
    11-20-12 07:34 PM
    BBSO.com just posted an article saying that you cant have BBM on more than one device now that it uses BBID. does this mean that the thought of this unified native bbm on PB wont work?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using CB forum app
    11-22-12 07:10 PM
    With using BBID it opens it up for one person to have multiple devices, and they are probably going to have it that any BBM send to you it will go to all devices under that BBID and once you have read it on one it will be read on all your other devices.
    PINs made it that each device was a separate person,
    11-23-12 08:50 AM
    Well, on Whatsapp, you can only register an account with each phone number...which is not unlike what RIM's doing with one BBM account per BB ID. I wonder how iMessage or some of the other chat platforms work...
    11-24-12 12:25 AM