The BlackBerry hub is loading after every device startup, I sometimes find it a pain becoz I couldnt text immediately right after it. I had to wait until the hub is ready then I can sent a text. This is a bad flow here and I think blackberry has to get hub loading faster, perhaps loading during the device's loading phase.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:03 AM
    What OS are you running? The Hub loads faster in later versions.

Why are you restarting your phone so often? I've only restarted mine a half dozen times since March and that's mainly because of OS upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:28 AM
    Even if it loaded at the start with everything else, it would still take just as long, you'd just have to wait longer to use the rest of the phone too. Which wouldn't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 08:23 AM
    I could see this also depending on the number of accounts and services you have connected. I have several email accounts alongside the usual FB, Twitter, and Skype amenities so I understand mine will load slower than one with an email and a FB/Twitter account.

You also need to remember that this is QNX, and does not require regular reboots. I reboot my device every 1-2 weeks just to give it a small refresh but it's a robust system; I haven't experienced any slowdowns that force me to reboot... more BBOS habit than anything else.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:33 AM
    I change my battery most of the time because they drain fast thus a reset.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I honestly DON'T know if this is a bad idea or not, but I am wondering if you plugged the phone into the charger, and then changed the battery quickly, would it harm anything.
    Otherwise you are stuck with the loading time
    It is what it is. I can see why it is annoying for you. I use external batteries, so I don't restart that often that it a pain.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 09:07 PM
    If you find your battery draining a lot and your phone dying everyday, I would suggest you get an extended battery pack (like the PowerSkin), or use an external battery pack, (like the BlackBerry charger bundle pack BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle (ACC-50256-101) for Z10 | BlackBerry Battery Chargers | CrackBerry Canada , or an OEM one from elsewhere)

It's not good to be fully charging and then fully draining your battery on a regular basis. It will decrease the life your battery so it will only get worse and worse.
    08-31-13 09:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Get a charger bundle and top up as needed. No more swapping or restarts.
    08-31-13 09:25 PM
    I find that I need to reboot at least once a week as certain things get stuck and after a reboot for me too it takes an extra minute to get the hub running.
    A reboot usually takes 2-3 minutes until everything works

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:10 PM
    Thx for the tips guys
    The reason why I did not get a charging pack is because they are bulky. I cant put them into my pocket. Look at the z10 battery, it's slim and I can slide it into my pocket anyhow as I want. I dont have a habit of carrying bag outdoor so I figured this would be best way.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 12:33 AM