BB7 to BB10 questions
Got a few questions for those of you that are lucky enough to be on BB10 already. Currently have a 9930 and trying to decide what my next upgrade will be.
1) What happens to your carrier BB email address (in my case, email@example.com) - does it remain?
2) What are you guys seeing for data usage comparisons? BB previously compressed data heavily which saved a ton on global roaming rates, how are things looking on BB10?
3) For pop3 based email accounts, do you still have the option to have it prompt you when deleting to delete on handheld only, or handheld and server?
Thanks in advance. The rest of the questions I have for now are app related and I'll go search and read for a bit, they're probably already covered.
- 02-08-2013, 10:00 PM #3Before BB10 = BIS sucks! - After BB10 = BIS is the greatest thing BlackBerry ever had
Before BB10 = BlackBerry OS sucks! - After BB10 = Bring back BBOS.
Why can't we make our minds up?
- 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM #4
1. The question has been asked several times on here
2. The question has been asked several times on here
3. The question has been asked several times on hereSent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
- CrackBerry Addict
02-09-2013, 03:10 AM #5
- 808 Posts
Re BlackBerry-hosted email addresses (blackberry.net): carriers will no longer be paying BlackBerry for BIS and, therefore, there are services that will no longer be there. On the upside, you're no longer dependent on your carrier. You can use any email address for your BlackBerry ID and switch carriers without having to re-configure your email accounts with your new carrier (for instance if you swap SIM cards or if you restore your backup to a device from a different carrier).
Thanks everyone who contributed answers.
I figured that was the case with the BIS emails, but wanted to be sure. I use this currently to forward calendar stuff from work so that I don't have to expose my true personal (pop3) email address. Disappointing to hear that the delete handheld/and server option is gone, this was one of my favorite BB features.
- By jdhooghe in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 50Last Post: 02-01-2013, 11:23 PM
- By boy_in_black in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
- By lnichols in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 11Last Post: 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM
- By amjass12 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-05-2012, 01:05 AM
- By Brianflys in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:59 PM