Anyway, I think it's ugly. But I'm sure the UX will be nice.
    01-11-13 09:35 PM
    I would give it a 7/10 on the hot o metre
    01-11-13 10:01 PM
    I don't like it at all. Hopefully they get rid of the Grey patches and make it "prettier"
    01-11-13 10:36 PM
    I really don't know if this is the final UI we will be seeing from a design point of view. However if it is, this won't stop me from buying it. Sure it looks a little "uninspiring" and I'm sure they could have done something more aesthetically pleasing, but I'm more excited about the experience more than anything. This OS seems "blazing fast" and that is what I'm waiting for..

Adding on, someone from these forums tweeted someone (from RIM) about this very subject asking if TAT will be involved in making the OS more beautiful, and they did respond by saying TAT is working on the OS to give it the final touches. I tried looking for that post but couldn't find it. Personally, I would give the design a 7/10.

Maybe we can add a poll to this thread for rating the UI?
    01-11-13 11:21 PM
    How is it ugly eh, it's a cross between android and ios lol. It's efficient, which is more important then looks eh
    01-11-13 11:48 PM
    Seriously? Another of these icon threads? It's just a graphical representation of a button. It's like critiquing Windows 8 based on the letters on the keyboard that ships with it.
    peter9477 and tdaye like this.
    01-11-13 11:49 PM
    Unless we're surprised with something we haven't seen yet, Android users will be the most disappointed with the UI. Not just the icons but transitions and other design elements that make the UI experience engaging.

We've seen the animations in "Print to Go" on the PlayBook. They're not bad. Some form of "Cover flow" transition between running applications on BB10 would be nice rather than the boring "minimize to a tile" thing we've seen so far.

Everyone seems to be distracted by "Peek and flow" but I think that will wear off once people start using the phones and wanting a more engaging visual experience.
    01-11-13 11:58 PM
    for me its an even more basic conundrum. Do I opt for the flagship with the lot or the N series with the physical keyboard like my 9800 and the bold I never had. typing this out on my 9800 keybord pretty much seals it. Dont care for swypie touch screens-physical qwerty is quick enough. Still miss my typewriter. ProGress?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 12:37 AM
    Anyways, if the UI won't play that important role for all those who are here (and probably for all those who are used to get the information from the internet), it is still of CAPITAL importance. Most people are not technophiles, they do not understand the real differences, they only see what phones people around them have, they watch the ads on tv and pay attention to posters in stores. And all of this is about the UI. When I look at the posters in the windows of providers boutiques, there are phones and their home screen. TV ads do a lot about the UI.

If it's not pretty, if it's not cool, if it's not fresh...
    01-12-13 02:49 AM
    By the time the BB10 is put into a protective case of sorts with its screen protector and what ever, who is going to know what the original form looked like? apart from the icon screen!!!
    01-12-13 04:55 AM
    In all honesty, I do not think it is the nicest UI in the world but it is not too bad either. I live with a teenager and her take is "blah" but all she needs to do is dress it up with a sparkly case and it will be good to go! LOL....I guess to appeal to the younger people, it is no looker, but I do not think most phones are that pretty anyway, they generally all look the same to me. I am hoping more people see the functionality of BB10....it seems like it is going to be amazing!
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-12-13 11:54 AM
    In all honesty, I do not think it is the nicest UI in the world but it is not too bad either. I live with a teenager and her take is "blah" but all she needs to do is dress it up with a sparkly case and it will be good to go! LOL....I guess to appeal to the younger people, it is no looker, but I do not think most phones are that pretty anyway, they generally all look the same to me. I am hoping more people see the functionality of BB10....it seems like it is going to be amazing!
    Now if only they included the sparkly case with the phone
    01-12-13 12:18 PM
    Maybe the final OS has some nice influence from TAT.
    Let's do hope so. Let's do hope that this is a nice decoy for those who want to .... 'hemmm.... copy. I personally want to see rounded icon edges, iOS style notificaion alerts (instead of the red blinking lights) and a whole new way of scheduling my time.
    01-12-13 01:21 PM
    UI isn't ugly at all.

Now, the app icons? That's another question. P U !
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    01-12-13 01:34 PM
    It's all opinion. Some hate it. Just like the story on windows phone.
    01-12-13 01:43 PM
    Yeah, rounding the icon corners will make these things FLY off the shelf.

You art critics guys are really over-analyzing it. It's just an identifier. Most people see the picture and the name of the app. The apps behind the icons might make or break things, but not the color gradation of the background of the icon.
    01-12-13 02:07 PM
    I think everyone should keep in mind that it could still be different when it's actually unveiled. Aren't the sneak peaks we've seen development editions?
    I don't think is gonna be more different from what we already know.
    01-12-13 02:18 PM
    I'm not a fan of the icons. They look very amateurish /uninspired.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 02:43 PM
    I used to have the storm when it first came out i love it right away cause it was a touch screen thinking that would be good. but because of the movable screen. well was not so bright from them cause it was a real dust collector under the screen then broke a year after..also was freezing all the time..got so mad that i hammer it and throw it away and went with android..
    "the phone need to be solid built and running good without problem" freezing did seems to be commun for BB. never had that with android. now i want to come back with bb but it need to be just like a mini computer that i can work with carrying files and what not along to be a "good communication tools" what is the point of having somethig that has a good look if it doesn't perform well..SO QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE with a good reminder alert should be the priority over good looking...
    01-12-13 02:54 PM
    and just look at WP8 good looking but a LOTS of PROBLEMS according to their forum...not very fonctional wouldn't want to work with..
    01-12-13 03:01 PM
    Being honest as I can, while i'm glad things are moving forward and evolving, I personally was never the type excited about huge changes in my life. I feel likewise with the very thing I rely on for so much; my BlackBerry. I'm probably only one out of 1000 BlackBerry users who would dare say this but I prefer the traditional BB interface we have now (well, OS 5/6ish is what I like to think of as "traditional", as OS 4 was neat but I think 5/6 were way better. I never touched a device pre OS4 so I can't speak to that.) At some point, if we remain with BlackBerry, everyone no matter who will eventually have to upgrade and adapt, but there's no rush from where i'm sitting. Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    01-12-13 03:42 PM
    The icon design is ugly. I've always thought they look amateurish.
    01-12-13 05:39 PM
    I agree, it doesn't look nice. The design is all about function but I am not sure if that's the right decision
    01-12-13 06:29 PM
    I'd like to see some pictures of the pre-launch model with a different background. Something that makes use of the high density screen.

I think the problem is not so much that the icons or UI is ugly, its that their color scheme is terrible. Umi mentioned this a while ago in a post as well. The blue/black combination is terrible. We need more vibrant colors.
    01-12-13 06:38 PM
    It looks very uninspired. Original first leaks looked better. Then it just got worse.
    01-12-13 09:55 PM
105 ... 2345