Hi guys,

Here is my on going issuesy, and I am hoping this might be changed with BB10.

I travel between US and Canada for work very frequently, I have a telus and a tmobile sim cards (data etc on both). While my coworkers on their iphones just insert US/CDN carrier sims into the unlocked iphones they have no issues continuing as if nothing has changed. While i on my 9780 have to go through hassles with tmo and telus customer service pushing services through and using BB device manager and going through BIS web redirecting personal and work email accounts.

I am not sure if this makes sense, but I ended up using 2 BB devices so I don't have to hassle with services. At least there should be an option to run same email accounts on different carriers for BB devices.

I also have 2 BBM lives as well on both carriers.

And no I dont want to buy a long distance package with my carrier when traveling it will cost more.
    11-10-12 08:21 PM
    BIS will still be a requirement with BB10, at least for mobile data and connectivity to the NOC. RIM has already said so.
    11-10-12 08:39 PM
    There should be NO REASON a carrier has to intervene with your work (Exchange, Domino, or GroupWise) emails to continue routing to your BB device after a SIM card change. The ONLY reason it's required is because you're on the wrong data provisioning SOC/APN by that new carriers SIM when switched.

I've worked with 5 company's with international users based in Canada, USA, and Germany/Italy/France ... and with all of them AT&T/T-Mobile USA has been the main issue. MEP locking has been the bain of BB or other devices. if your 9780 is MEP unlocked switching from T-Mobile to Telus should not be a problem - unless issue I mentioned above is the reason. I think you need to check if your default services for email/contacts and calendar on the 9780 is a BES account vs a BIS account.

Hi guys,

Here is my on going issuesy, and I am hoping this might be changed with BB10.

I travel between US and Canada for work very frequently, I have a telus and a tmobile sim cards (data etc on both). While my coworkers on their iphones just insert US/CDN carrier sims into the unlocked iphones they have no issues continuing as if nothing has changed. While i on my 9780 have to go through hassles with tmo and telus customer service pushing services through and using BB device manager and going through BIS web redirecting personal and work email accounts.

I am not sure if this makes sense, but I ended up using 2 BB devices so I don't have to hassle with services. At least there should be an option to run same email accounts on different carriers for BB devices.

I also have 2 BBM lives as well on both carriers.

And no I dont want to buy a long distance package with my carrier when traveling it will cost more.
    11-11-12 12:04 PM
    Thank you very much for the information! I will do that this coming week, I switch from Tmobile to Telus and vice versa - and have had const issues. Like i mentioned, security is great, but when someone next to you on a iPhone or Android just does a sim swap and it just switches carriers. I have to always log in or call support to have them push services after the switch.

It is a very tedious issue. Thanks again, I will try to resolve it through your suggestions!
    11-11-12 06:24 PM