Would it be a useful feature to release a version of BB10 without the Android runtime?

I know for most this is a critical feature but if this could be turned off or even if the OS could ve loaded without it, I can see that being helpful for some enterprise customers that don't plan on using apps beyond the native ones.

I don't know what it would take to do this and I don't know how much it would help.
    The phones would probably startup quicker but then after that, if you only run native apps anyway, the phones already run very smoothly.

The real advantage would be in the ability to release lower end hardware, but I think that's a bad idea considering the price of the q5.

So, I think I just talked myself out of it. Still, there may be a benefit to this.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:12 AM
    Yeah!

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    11-28-14 12:59 PM
    What is keeping you from removing the Android runtime?
    11-28-14 01:01 PM
    Or just don't use it and pretend it doesn't have the android runtime...

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 01:13 PM
    Native and android? Why blackberry just transform too to android device, if there no native app sponsor for official like instagram, Path, Skype, Google, etc...
    It's not usefull if there many ported from android version than native apps...

Where the originally blackberry native version apps?
    Official native it's better and better...

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:18 PM
    What is keeping you from removing the Android runtime?
    You mean it's possible for an end user to do this?

I don't think it it is.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 04:37 PM
    You mean it's possible for an end user to do this?

I don't think it it is.

Posted via CB10
    Actually I think you can. Those guys who dabble with leaks have a few tricks up their sleeves

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 05:13 PM
    Sure. Just delete the files. Not that hard.

Passport on Wind
    11-28-14 05:21 PM
    dale-c: Most of those "Enterprise Customers" that we all care about very much (sarcasm) are already moving to iPhones and have been for some time. It's because their employees don't want to have to carry 2 phones. Having the self-flagellatory idea of removing Android support in order to further reduce the app pool only accelerates the move to iPhone.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-28-14 05:55 PM
    Or just don't use it and pretend it doesn't have the android runtime...
    ^ This.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    11-28-14 07:19 PM
    I also feel that there should be native apps for most famous android apps and there shouldn't be android support in BlackBerry. It should be exclusively BlackBerry. I am sure we all don't need android. We may like some android apps though but then BlackBerry can take care of it by developing a native app and of course just like Android it should also be available for free in the BlackBerry world.

Blackberry 10 device.
    11-28-14 11:12 PM
    dale-c: Most of those "Enterprise Customers" that we all care about very much (sarcasm) are already moving to iPhones and have been for some time. It's because their employees don't want to have to carry 2 phones. Having the self-flagellatory idea of removing Android support in order to further reduce the app pool only accelerates the move to iPhone.
    I meant as an option for each individual phone. There are people that don't download any apps to their phones. But, as it has been pointed out, simply not using andriod apps works just as well

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 09:16 AM