Hello,

One thing I would like to see on the new bb10 is an integrated or linked phone book contacts. Not aware of anything like this.

For example my parents have the same:
    Home address
    home phone
    anniversary date

but have different:
    cell phones
    work numbers / addresses
    birthdays

It would be nice to be able to link the similar elements while still having independent profiles. Perhaps beside the entry, there's a "+" which would give the option "Link with another contact".

Just a thought.
    12-24-12 03:10 PM
    I think the actual BlackBerry devices can do so, and it's quite simple. When you add a contact, you can enter his/her birthday, you can add up the house phone, the mobile phone, the office phone, etc.
    12-24-12 05:33 PM
    What I want is that the contact list could be a smart app. Like I add a new contact with only his phone number and his name, after I add him on FB, Twitter, Instagram and others social networks, and on all of the social networks he has his real name (the one I added onto my contact list) and the contacts app recognize that he and I are friends on the social networks and the app links all his social accounts to his contact. That'd be an incredibly awesome and outstanding feature.
    12-24-12 05:45 PM
    What benefits do you expect from something of this nature?
    12-24-12 05:48 PM
    What benefits do you expect from something of this nature?
    I'd imagine that it would help with grouping contacts for one. Using the example above with my parents; if my brother and his family moved in with my parents, all I'd have to do is link the address as opposed to entering the address everytime for every member of the family.

Another thing is integrated apps which access birthdays and emails and such. It'd streamline anniversary notices by half too.

I'd think of more reasons, but I'm pretty heavy into the egg nog right now.

Mystic-metal
    12-24-12 07:16 PM
    isn't that already the case on the Playbook???

i always get emails from people ive never met on my work address, like prospects. When i tap the contact (even when not saved in contact list), you get all linked in info. I doubt you will have anything that will automatically sync with facebook or twitter tho. but when you link a contact to a facebook friend, all the info appear in the contact
    12-25-12 12:43 AM
    What I want is that the contact list could be a smart app. Like I add a new contact with only his phone number and his name, after I add him on FB, Twitter, Instagram and others social networks, and on all of the social networks he has his real name (the one I added onto my contact list) and the contacts app recognize that he and I are friends on the social networks and the app links all his social accounts to his contact. That'd be an incredibly awesome and outstanding feature.
    I don't know if this can help.

At Blackberry 10, where all social network and email account can be used to sync all contact list in it. So, when your socmed and email contact list already sync to your BB10, you can link them all. For example:
    Your brother's name is: Andrew. His twitter account is @slasher. His facebook is [email protected], his linkedin is Andrew.

So, you put all information into a single contact account for your brother: Andrew.

So, when you need to tweet him, you just need to mention his name. CMIIW, IMHO.

I will try to illustrate this with screen captures that I have. Need to cover something in those pictures first.
    12-25-12 04:03 AM
    OP isn't asking for all of one person's info to be integrated but for people who share a lot of contact details to be partially melded. So he wants separate entries for his Mum and Dad so that he can put in their different birthdays and mobile nos but not having to input their address/home number twice. I kinda feel the same but don't know quite how it could be done. Currently if two people share the same number on BB it seemingly picks one contact randomly to show when you're called by that no. On the iPhone it says Mum/Dad, but it would be nice if it could say Mum and Dad - that sort of clever integration is what the OP is after I think.
    12-25-12 05:59 AM
    My wish list it price less than $450
    12-25-12 06:02 AM
    OP isn't asking for all of one person's info to be integrated but for people who share a lot of contact details to be partially melded. So he wants separate entries for his Mum and Dad so that he can put in their different birthdays and mobile nos but not having to input their address/home number twice. I kinda feel the same but don't know quite how it could be done. Currently if two people share the same number on BB it seemingly picks one contact randomly to show when you're called by that no. On the iPhone it says Mum/Dad, but it would be nice if it could say Mum and Dad - that sort of clever integration is what the OP is after I think.
    Does nowadays blackberry can do that? I, my wife, mom and dad right now sharing the same address but I can still put their separate birthday date for each contact account.

CMIIW
    12-25-12 08:57 AM
    While that would be useful, I actually would like to see integration in another way. For example, I want with my BlackBerry to have a dedicated contact page for myself. This would include my name(as I choose to share it), Phone #, PIN, email address(es), Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. The info that I want to share with people. Then when I want to share my info with someone, I can just either through barcode scanning, or NFC Tag, whatever just send the whole thing as one unit or choose to select the info I want to send them. Would be very handy for networking I think and would help eliminate duplicate contacts or having my BBM contacts separated from my phone contacts when they are the same person(should I want too).
    12-25-12 12:52 PM
    Great idea !
    I have the same issue as you, so is it possible to link the similar elements together while having independent profiles in BB10?

I tried in Dev Alpha devices, but noting happened.......just can see your normal profile.
    12-25-12 10:15 PM
    What he said.

That is exactly what I meant. That integration which would be intuitive that maybe two people who you know may live at the same address which has a common phone number. Or six people with whom you work with all have different email accounts but the same work fax number.

WORK: (123) 456-7890. [+]
    EMAIL: [email protected] [+]
    ADDRESS: 123 Fake St. Springfield. [+]

Click on the [+] and a popup / drop down menu appears with

"LINK WITH EXISTING CONTACT "

Perhaps even if you enter the same last name as an existing contact, it'll automatically ask if you want to link to those accounts.

Just spit-balling here to see what sticks.
    12-25-12 11:59 PM
    Does nowadays blackberry can do that? I, my wife, mom and dad right now sharing the same address but I can still put their separate birthday date for each contact account.

CMIIW
    Yes you can have contacts with the same details but OP wants some way for the phone to link certain details so that the phone appreciates those people have some shared aspect of their life e.g. their home landline number. If you do this at the moment on BB it just picks one of the contacts (seemingly randomly) to display as the name for the number calling, which a) isn't helpful and b) looks a bit stupid. The iPhone implementation is better with Mum/Dad but I've never seen what happens if you have more than 2 people sharing the details, Mum/Dad/Brother/Sister would be a bit silly, the phone realising it could be any of the four and displaying "Smith Family" would be nice (I realise I could create a contact for just the landline called Smith family, but then that would be a problem when I call people as I think about who I want to call rather than the place, so I like all contacts to have every number relating to them there). Similarly for a business it could come up with "Smith Enterprises". Maybe the best method is not to link contacts but to share them under a common profile (say, again "Smith Family") and then you can put in the details particular to them and also have an option to say their a member of the group "Smith Family" so all those details are also added to their profile.

Edit: I should add I've never put much effort into searching for a solution via an app or another platform as it's more a nice to have rather than a necessity but if anyone knows of other platforms' or apps' solutions to this I'd like to hear
    12-26-12 06:40 PM
    And my Wish List (as I mentioned in other thread) is:

Accessories:
    - good quality, reasonably priced bluetooth headphones with water/sweat ressistance
    - water resistant/water-proof and sleek case with smart cover so it can be convered into a stand as well
    - connectivity to bluetooth watch (a long time ago, in 2006, I purchased Abacus MobileWear Bluetooth Watch and it used to work with Sony Eric phones. It was pretty awesome)
    - charging docking station for BlackBerry 10 (preferably with HDMI out and audio out ports)
    BlackBerrys usually come with earphones, case. For first few BlackBerry 10 device, it'd be really nice, if BlackBerry 10 came with
    a) good quality case b) screen protector c) good quality earphones d) some sort of dock/mount e) wireless charging unit f) some basic cables such as Micro HDMI cable or connector, USB cable etc.

Audio/Video features:
    - BB 10 should support streaming via Bluetooth via APT-X codecs (not just a2dp sbc)
    - Equalizer options
    - Airplay like feature for streaming to wireless speakers and wireless tv (probably DLNA over Wifi?)
    - Screen mirroring to TV etc (like Macbooks do)
    - Fast Forward and Rewind (not just skip, but actual ability to watch video in faster or slower frame rate, like you'd do in old VCR).

Camera features:-
    - bigger sensor for better quality night-shots / low light shots
    - time lapse
    - very fast camera (no lag between shots, like iPhone 5)
    - auto focus
    - good flash (maybe dual led flash?) but led should not be located right next to camera lens because a flash right next to lens causes some distortion

Data features:
    - Ability to use most apps and browser without BB specific data plan. Right now, almost all apps require access to BIS data plan.
    - True VOIP functionality over WiFI and 3G (VoIP client that can be used with any SIP/VOIP provider)
    - Ability to monitor data usage per application.

Email app features:
    - When I configure multiple email accounts, I want to be able to specify a color for every email account in HUB. Right now, for eg: if you send a PIN message on BlackBerry. The message appears in RED color. Similarly, in unified inbox/hub, I want to specify a different color for different email accounts.
    - ability to password protect email-app and sms-inbox with additional password. Say, I unlock my BlackBerry and give it to a friend. I'd like my friend to be able to use my BlackBerry but still not be able to open my emails, sms, pictures and videos.

BBM & BBM Voice:
    - Ability to turn-off BBM Voice while still on WiFi.
    - Cross platform messaging (maybe create a LiveProfile app. Then people on iOS, Android, Windows can download LiveProfile and add BlackBerry users as contacts)
    - Block functionality for BBM broadcast messages
    - Block/Appear-offline features on BBM Voice for certain contacts

Others:
    - universal search
    - RIM should create a feature request page (see my post here: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ry-rim-758440/ )
    - Ability to password lock individual apps. Eg: I might unlock my BlackBerry for a kid but want to make sure that certain apps or areas are behind a password. Maybe email app can continue to be behind a second password. Basically, I want to be able to password-protect individual apps, pictures, videos, music etc.
    - GPS (turn by turn, voice directions)
    - Much better than Siri voice integration/commands
    - WIRELESS Charging
    12-27-12 01:33 PM