"You know...every since BlackBerry Jam Americas, I've been diving deep into the functionality of my PlayBook. The more you play around with the gestures, you'll get a feel of "peek" and "flow". I truly believe that PlayBook owners were beta testers for BB10 and the Z10 specifically, and the Bold 9930 for the X10. We have been complaining about not having anything new or fresh. We've had it in our hands all along - but its just about to get a whole lot better."

I made this comment on a thread hear on CrackBerry a few days ago. An article posted on Inside BlackBerry reiterated my thoughts exactly.

I know that many other passionate BlackBerry lovers have shared the same thoughts, however; Im writing this post to push the importance of deep diving into your mobile OS. Those with PB 2.1, take some time to play around with gestures and functionality. If you plan on getting the Z/X10, this is a great way to get a (small) feel of what's to come.

Jan 30th cant come fast enough. So excited.
    Sansu94 likes this.
    01-03-13 03:20 PM
    The PB is built on QNX, same as bb10. Of course the gesture controls are similar, since both the PB and z10 don't have buttons. That being said, we don't have it in our hands at all. It's a completely different experience then bb7 and pb2.1. The PB doesn't even come close to what bb10 can do, as far as native app integration and usability. Just wait.
    01-03-13 08:59 PM
    Of course. While many will consider the PlayBook to be a failure, the R&D that went into it also went into BB10 development.
    01-03-13 09:09 PM
    i agree with you op. yes the ui on bb10 is different, but flicking up to 'minimize' the running app and see all ur still running apps, swiping from top right to check the time and notifictions whilst in app, and even swiping from right right to left or vice versa to jump into other apps is like peek cos u see information updated live and can switch back to the application ur on, are all examples of exactly what bb10 has implemented in a different way!

having said that though. their deeper integration in the hub with social networking, the beautiful looking ui, and the amount of capabilities that bb10 is bringing that the playbook has not got yet is far better than whats currently on the pb... oh and active frames! love the active frames

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-04-13 03:40 AM
    It's not the same in my opinion. Yeah they're both using qnx but I wish my Playbook had half the functionality of BB10. Development alpha software is a huge improvement over what we have now. I can't wait to have the real deal up and running on my Playbook
    01-05-13 12:34 AM