When I was viewing websites with the browser on my Bold 9900, I was able to zoom in on text portions of a web page and the text would re-size and also re-position so that the entirety of the sentence or paragraph was displayed on the screen without needing to scroll across horizontally.

On my Classic when I zoom in on a web page the text of course appears larger but it doesn't re-position, meaning I need to either constantly scroll across to see the last few words of every sentence. I find myself often zooming in really slowly and carefully trying to align the text perfectly on the edges of the screen in an attempt to increase the font of the text.

I understand that there is a reader function which does enable large amounts of text to be viewed in the way I described earlier but often I'm jumping from website to website searching for specific things and it gets annoying having the press the options button and load up the reader only to find that the article isn't the one I am looking for.

I've tried searching the browser menus for a text-wrap option but I cannot find one. The phone is capable of doing this for email messages, I just don't understand why BlackBerry didn't offer this function when it did on OS7 devices.

The other weird issue is the browser menu itself, the 'Desktop Mode' feature which enables the non-mobile version of websites to be displayed is under 'Developer Tools'. This is a relatively common feature on mobile device internet browsers and I have no idea why it isn't in the display and actions menu.

Web Inspector and Selenium WebDriver also appear in the developer tools and carry warning notifications regarding privacy, they are currently switched off.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn on text-wrap on the OS10 browser?

What is Web Inspector and Selenium WebDriver? Why are these turned off by default (what's the security risk)?

Why is 'Desktop Mode' hidden under Developer Tools?

Is there a better web browser for BlackBerry 10 devices than the default one?

I know that many people thought it was slow and cumbersome but to be honest I didn't mind the web browser on OS7, I think I prefer it to the BB10 version.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 11:53 PM
    No text wrapping by pinching, but hit the overflow button and click on reader mode.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 12:53 AM
    True, native bb browser lack simple text wrapping .

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    04-27-15 02:42 PM