Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 vs OS7.1

I have been reading a lot of great stuff on the BB10 phones and will be moving to one of them at some point for my next phone, most likely the Q10. That said I am in no rush as my OS7 phone(Bold 9930) is serving me very well and it has features I love which I don't see on the BB10 OS (yet) or iOS and Android for that matter (I could stand corrected on the non BB phones as I have never used them). Some of those features that will keep me ‘as is’ for now are as follows:
    1) Sound & Notification profiles - I can currently get some balance in my day with the way I have business and personal profiles set up. Base on what I have read I can use the balance feature to split corporate and personal but I have three requirements, not two, personal, corporate, and side consulting. I have this nicely set up on my 9930
    2) Bedside mode - Another way to balance work/personal. At this point I don’t believe you can set up different profiles by contact. I travel a lot and want the kids and wife to be able to get me on the phone at anytime regardless if asleep or not.
    3)’Messages’ is my current hub and will do fine for now as I really only use it for 3 mail accounts, BBM, an d Texts
    4) Apps – I have all the apps I need on the 9930, news, maps, traffic, weather, Skype (voice only on Verizon), Google voice. The latter two are being pushed aside a lot now with BBM voice.
    5) Themes & Wallpaper – currently using a BEAT theme.

I guess I could go on, but the Blackberry in my hand right now is the best work and play tool for me at this point in time.
    Thanked by:
    revtech (02-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

Thanks for sharing?

Enjoy your 9930 if it does the trick for you.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook