I've been a longtime mobile computing / smartphone enthusiast. I began my journey of discovery and education with the second generation, in Canada, of the IPHONE. The IPHONE 3gs. I continued to dive deeper into the the mobile realm and started experimenting with the other night oboe offerings of BlackBerry, Android, WP7 and later WP8.

I must confess I ditched BlackBerry back in the day for an iphone and later Android. That being said. When I had initially made the switch. I missed a lot of the customization I could do with android. So I switched back. Low and behold I missed BB10, the hub, and it efficiency. So I moved back. The most recent BlackBerry I own now is a Z30. This thing is absolutely un matched in my opinion. I just don't have the same level of comfort with anything else. This phone never dies, doesn't lag, and I've never experienced it crash. This phone has become the definition of my professional self.

A friend of mine has grown tired of his Samsung Galaxy S3. I have offered him my Z10 in exchange for his S3. He accepted.

So I have in my possession, for the third time. The infamous Samsung Galaxy S3. What I have realized is simple. I can't believe I used this as my primary communication device. I loved android dearly, still do. Android is not an OS I can use to be efficient. Having to go to more than one place just to check messages of any kind is too much effort. Being presented with a over cluttered home screen out if the box is terrible. Android is fast but in no way is it clean. My own personal android I purchased last was the Nexus 5. I left that phone behind for something "less powerful ". The Z10. There is a reason those of us using BB10 will continue to use it. I feel that reason is straight forward. Just as our BlackBerrys are.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    06-24-14 10:25 AM
    There is no doubt that BB10 is a platform that allows people that want to do business communications to operate very efficiently.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-24-14 10:33 AM
    I spend an hour today with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (Android 4.2.2).

I was very surprised how laggy the device was at scrolling etc while it was quite fast at installing and launching apps.

... and it does not have kiosk mode, so you have to use 3. part apps which basically replaces the launcher. But it's not true kiosk mode IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 10:42 AM
    I enjoy typing more on BB10 than on Android with Swiftkey, especially since you can't turn off the letter pop-ups on the latter. I have never gotten used to the Flow so I can't comment on that.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:07 AM
    I used to love andoird but after using BlackBerry 10 and how big each update is, I don't like android! In every android update you have such tiny changes, whereas each BlackBerry 10 update has huge changes! Have you taken a look at 10.3? It's awesome!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 11:09 AM