Is there any buzz about possible updates to the voice assistant program. To me this needs a major update and is a major down side to the many great things this phone does. I would love to use this feature more but its very limited and not very functional.
    06-02-13 04:08 AM
    I asked it once "how is the weather in Hamburg?" (asked It in german) and it understood it, nevertheless asked me whether I wanted it to search the Web for it.

It's like ordering food in the restaurant and the waiter asks me whether I wanted him to call someone to serve the food or not.

Rather stupid eh?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 04:47 AM
    I was looking for a decent thread about this!!!! Let's make it happen.

Thing is, every hardcore BB-user was watching the you tubes couple of months ago. "Leaked" videos of that "Siri-like" feature. And we were happy, having such an assistant.

But in real life, it is not very functional as above mentioned.

For example. "Call please [any contact]". The assistent answers: "Do want to call Person X on mobile?" And I of course answer with a simple "Yes, please!"

Then the assistant says: "I can't understand your command. Do you wish to call Person X on mobile?" And I answer: "Call". Then it works.

It only works if you say "Abort" or "Call" like you see on your phone.

It can't interact like Siri. Mostly it ask if it should search the internet. Also, it would be cool, just to say:" Call my wife/mother/sister/father, etc." Like Siri does.

It really needs a major update. Clearly, some could say: Siri is a toy, while BB wanna make things done.

Yes, of course. But obviously it doesn't! So, please BB, if you read this. MAJOR UPDATE is need. Nothings beats a "good assistent" on a BlackBerry
    06-02-13 05:18 AM
    It does seem like BlackBerry did rush this voice assistance thing to just say they have a voice like program like Siri. BB voice falls miles behind. Siri even though it was a toy in some aspects, it did perform well when you just wanted to search something quickly on the web and not have to type it in the search browser. I loved how I can get sport scores, weather and simple facts answered quickly and how it gave some sort of image with it.

The Sayit app does seem to be the solution, but I really don't feel like buying the app. I'm hoping that BB does come out with a major update. It would make my BB even more perfect for me once that issue gets ironed out. I HATE how it keeps asking me if I want to search the web. If I wanted to do that I'd have typed what I wanted into a web browser. For now the voice app is useless to me.
    remmo likes this.
    06-03-13 12:12 AM
    Amen

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:52 AM
    I think it isn't like Siri because Siri has years of development behind it going as far back as before Apple bought them
    Nevertheless BlackBerry should continue updating it fast or try to and buy an existing voice recognition software too
    KemKev likes this.
    06-03-13 01:01 AM
    I'd buy the sayit app but only if BB10 allows you to configure the side button like it allowed on OS 7.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 08:43 PM
    I think he meant that blackberry should buy sayit. I haven't tried it, but if it's as awesome as people say they should probably consider it.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:46 AM