BB10 Unveiling - Live Demo or Pre-Recorded?
Personally, I hope that they go the pre-recorded route. I have heard them say on-stage when things have gone wrong during demos that they are committed to live demos, but I feel like pre-recorded leaves nothing to chance and gives it that high-polish presentation feel. Honestly, I don't really see the argument for doing live demos (except for games or other non-cornerstone applications), specially when everything rides on people's preception of what they are seeing.
Thoughts? Agree...disagree, what is your reasoning?
- 12-05-2012, 05:38 PM #2
Well if a pre recorded one doesn't turn out to be the live experience I don't think that would be good. If it's truly ready then nothing should go wrong?Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
- CrackBerry Addict
12-05-2012, 06:20 PM #4
- 532 Posts
When it turned out that the demo they did at BlackBerry World in May was basically a pre-recorded, pre-programmed, pre-set demo, there were a lot of people calling foul.
The demo in October at BlackBerry Jam Americas was live and alothough there were a couple of swipe problems, everything seemed to work out for the best.
I say: stay live!
- CrackBerry User
12-05-2012, 06:28 PM #5
- 26 Posts
If the OS is as polished and solid as we all expect, I don't think there would be an issue with performing a live demo. I prefer live demos as it shows real time use. If RIM can demonstrate how well the device/OS performs with a live demo, it will be received much better than a pre-recorded video. RIM can leave the pre-recorded stuff for the marketing campaign.
- By DuexNoir in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
- By r0v3rT3N in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 08-13-2012, 09:06 PM
- By Lincs1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-27-2010, 09:15 AM
- By tylert6785 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
- By Lumabyss in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2007, 07:14 PM