How will the BB10 UI work? I figured out the following:

1. Short swipe from right to left: a quick view of notifications.
    2. Long swipe from right to left: Brings up Unified Inbox.
    3. swipe from bottom up: Minimizes open App into tile view.
    4. Menu Bar on Bottom of Screen Only When Apps are minimized (probably in Launcher too): Perisitent buttons for Phone, Search, and Camera.
    5. Unified Inbox: Swipes from right to left open up attachements to emails.

What we don't know:

1. What does the App launcher look like?

Unclaimed Swipes:

1. Top Down: will it bring up settings?
    2. Top corner: Do we still get a peek at clock, settings, etc?
    3. Bottom corner: still keyboard?
    4. What will right to left swipe do?

So far, the biggest differences from Playbook is the bottom up swipe and notifications. The bottom up swipe on both minimizes open apps. Tiliing them like BB10 does is probably better for a phone. I don't like Playbook notifications too much. BB10 notifications are awesome. I hope BB10 phones retain the LED and vibrate for new notifications.

I really like what I see with BB10.
    Last edited by lawguyman; 05-03-12 at 06:54 PM.
    05-03-12 06:51 PM
    I was going to start my own thread similar to this...

but what I was wondering was how the notification area will work...like from the preview, u swipe over and you can see you have email, bbm, text message, and if u keep swiping it will open the messages app...and from there you can go into your email, text, etc.

But what I was wondering was about third-party applications that do not connect up to the unified messages app and how they will be shown and controlled? Like if you continue swiping over it opens the unified messages app, but what if I have a notification from The Score and its an update to a game...swiping over will open the messages app, so how will I access The Score app?
    05-03-12 11:10 PM
    I was going to start my own thread similar to this...

but what I was wondering was how the notification area will work...like from the preview, u swipe over and you can see you have email, bbm, text message, and if u keep swiping it will open the messages app...and from there you can go into your email, text, etc.

But what I was wondering was about third-party applications that do not connect up to the unified messages app and how they will be shown and controlled? Like if you continue swiping over it opens the unified messages app, but what if I have a notification from The Score and its an update to a game...swiping over will open the messages app, so how will I access The Score app?
    That's a good question. Presumably, if the notifications screen is really integrated into the inbox like it seems that it is, all your notifications will be in your inbox. This is a good idea but there has to be some way of filtering one kind of message from another or else there will be an information overload.
    05-04-12 06:49 AM
    You can make a webworks apps with BBUI.js to see how the new BB10 UI looks like.

https://github.com/blackberry/bbui.js
    05-04-12 12:15 PM
    That sounds amazing, but sadly I am not a developer nor do i know how to do all that stuff..so cant figure that out
    05-04-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD