Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Here's one: You can download apps from the Blackberry World website, and they are automatically installed on your phone, just like Android.

Quote Originally Posted by mooda View Post
    YouTube continues to play when you open a second tab
    Actually, it continues to play even if you leave the browser all together.
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: BB10 Tips, Tricks and other cool stuff

Hi
    Has anyone maged to get rid of the facebook contacts? cause everytime I send a message, there are loads of them in my contact list. And yes, I have them turned off in contact options
    CrackBerry Abuser

A very Chrome-like feature. Go to browser settings> privacy and security> toggle private browsing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by alexwise View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone maged to get rid of the facebook contacts? cause everytime I send a message, there are loads of them in my contact list. And yes, I have them turned off in contact options
    I manually deleted multiple contacts at a time and merged whatever Facebook contacts I had with my phone book.
    Thanked by:
    yalervp (04-20-2013) 

In the contacts app, swipe from the top, hit options, and there's an option to collect more info about your contacts (oddly disabled by default). I'm guessing this is the feature where they showed news and events related to a person's work place, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by alexwise View Post
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by bixertec92 View Post
    I manually deleted multiple contacts at a time and merged whatever Facebook contacts I had with my phone book.
    Swipe from the top in the contacts app>options>uncheck facebook
    CrackBerry Abuser

in the camera app, you can touch the focus box and move it around to what you want it to focus on.
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: BB10 Tips, Tricks and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUser0510 View Post

Swipe from the top in the contacts app>options>uncheck facebook
    I had it done for like ages ago, no help. Manual delete helped me
    Last edited by alexwise; 02-09-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    859 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

Another one that isn't actually hidden but neat none the less;

If you enable wireless synchronization in the BlackBerry Link software it shows your devices internal and SD card storage mapped wirelessly over the network in my computer, stick the phone somewhere on charge and copy all the music and videos you want to it.

Neat little feature. Pretty sure it was there for the PB.
    Thanked by 3:
    EsJayDee (02-09-2013),  Lendo (02-09-2013),  shads77 (02-21-2013) 
    Hassan Khawaja likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but some people were asking how to swipe out of an app that is in landscape mode
    previous tips said to slide in from the thin bezel but I found if you just turn your phone up and hold it in portrait mode then swipe up as usual, it will swipe in like normal. I've tried this with several different apps and it works just fine.
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (03-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Precise cursor control while editing text: tap in your text. A magnifier appears. Tap the left/right/top/bottom rim of the magnifier to move the cursor in that direction.
    ORBIT for BB10 - The World In Your Pocket - World, Time, Weather in spectacular 3D. Demo on our site!

Files & Folders
    for PlayBook and BB10: a powerful unified file, folder & cloud manager and media streamer with integrated SkyDrive, Google Docs, Google Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, thumbnails and more - Free 3-day trial! - Voted Best New BlackBerry App
    Thanked by 5:
    E-FlowElLobo (04-02-2013),  jugoes (12-18-2013),  paulmcneil (03-04-2013),  peter9477 (03-01-2013),  sylvaing (02-10-2013) 

You now have another subscriber
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.700 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you want the letters to pop up when you type go to settings/language and input then under text input click on-screen keyboard and turn keypress pop-up on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

Quote Originally Posted by kevfromkent View Post
    i need to find this too, have over 5,000 fb friends and DON'T want them in my contacts......

Doing what was suggested does get them out of the main contact app, but it still will populate those names if you type a person's name into the "to" field of a text or email
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

A bit off topic, but I see people with the tagline "posted from crackberry app on z10" I can not find the CB app in BB World

edit: Forget it, it is there today lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Re: Rejecting an Auto Correct On Purpose

Sometimes, you type in acronym or some word that is currently not included in your device's dictionary and when you press the space bar, it automatically substitutes a different word from what you intended. You can override this easily by allowing the substitution to take place (after you press the space bar of course), then immediately swiping to the left on the keyboard. This replaces the substitution with the original text you typed in. On numerous occasions I've seen this take place when I was typing out a message. I came across this by fluke. Don't take my word for it course, so please try and confirm.

Edit: So based on some positive feedback, seems to work for others as well.
    Last edited by Bolderholder; 02-10-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Device: Z10 (10.2.1...something or other)
    Tablet: 16GB iPad mini, 32GB Playbook
    Carrier: Bell
    Thanked by 3:
    EsJayDee (02-09-2013),  jarrodmeyer (02-13-2013),  tbkfan (02-09-2013) 

Can the apps run like the Playbook in showcase? It seems like all the apps freeze once they are minimized. Any ideas?
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.700 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thorstenpleasefixit View Post
    when holding the phone in landscape, to hide keyboard you can modify the "two fingers up swipe" to be "one thumb on either edge of the keyboard up swipe" and the keys will vanish. It's very easy to do versus arranging 2 fingers.
    I can only get it to work on the right side of the screen. Cool nonetheless. I would kinda like this on the portrait mode keyboard too.
    CrackBerry User

Amazingly useful. I've been playing for less time it took me type this and I love it. Works every well in sliding back and forth to the hub. Prefer it over peek, way faster and easier.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,888 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daggus View Post
    Why is Blackberry not able to include functions that the very low end phones have always had - the ability to add a number from the call log to an existing contact details directly ? At this time and apparently with Z10 one has to first copy the number and then open the contacts details to edit it by pasting the new number in one of the vacant phone number fields !!
    Quote Originally Posted by bixertec92 View Post
    Um, the function is there. All you do is hold down on the number on the call log and wait for options to pop up. Then you simply select 'Add to contacts'.
    I admire your patience. I am still getting used to my Z10 and while I am still using my 9810, I browse these forums to get the inside scoop on some of the "issues" and some cool tips. Kudos to you and others like you who take the time to share your insights and knowledge ^5.
    jarrodmeyer and cindaaaay like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    Can the apps run like the Playbook in showcase? It seems like all the apps freeze once they are minimized. Any ideas?
    It's entirely up to the developer to choose how that works now. The user no longer has (or needs) a setting for it. Most apps do pause, because they have nothing useful to do when minimized. Those which should be doing something (according to the developer) will continue to do so.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Innovatology View Post
    Precise cursor control while editing text: tap in your text. A magnifier appears. Tap the left/right/top/bottom rim of the magnifier to move the cursor in that direction.
    Holy cow that's a handy tip! I've been severely annoyed (in a small way) at constantly missing the right spot, then clearing the circle and tapping again until I got it right. I knew there'd be some trick but hadn't found this one yet. Thank you!
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    Innovatology likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,481 Global Posts

Cool tip i got today, in the hub, tap search and got to the advanced search option (tap the 3 horizontal line at the left of the search bar) filter by unread, as long as you do not click cancel you will see here only unread items....
    "If you can't find anything wrong with your OS of choice, you might be a fanboy, if you can't find anything RIGHT with the smartphone OSes you DON'T use, you're definitely a fanboy." - Ashley Esqueda

Trough the Phone Lens C0019FC6B

This is something really cool I noticed today. It works for most apps too.

When you click things in an app and don't want to keep clicking back swiping to get to the beginning, if you swipe the back button to the right instead of clicking it, it will go back all the way.

For example, if you click a conversation in the hub and click an email in it, clicking back or swiping right takes you to the conversation again. However, if you swipe the back button to the right, it will take you back directly to the hub, not the conversation. This can also be used for peeking.

I've tried it in several apps including the hub, BlackBerry world, and crackberry app. It's really cool
    Thanked by 3:
    DrWormBoy (02-28-2013),  shads77 (02-21-2013),  sylvaing (02-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:236154FD

can anyone help me on how to get the attachments via email on hub?
    IqWaN

BlackBerry Z10 White!

BB 9780 white os 6

BB Playbook 32gb os 2.1.0.1032
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by iqwan View Post
    can anyone help me on how to get the attachments via email on hub?
    Tap the attachments and they download, tap again and they open up (assuming appropriate file type), then there's a folder icon that lets you save the file to a location.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by simonfa; 02-10-2013 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Bad grammar
    Thanked by:
    IqWaN (02-10-2013) 
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast