Hi,
    This is bothering me for a long time now..
    BB is forcing the user UI for a right handed ppl gestures but in no place they give the option to configure it for left handed...

For example, now in 10.2.1.1055 the phone answering is swipe to the left and for some it is not the side gesture they are used to but the user don't have a way to configure the side gesture he prefer...

Who else think like me that a proper solution should be given for left and right handed ppl ??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-12-13 12:31 PM
    I'm left handed, but I always use my phone in my right hand so that I'm free to do things that call for more dexterity. Is there any platform that allows for a left handed/right handed mode?
    11-12-13 12:49 PM
    I didn't really think this was a thing, I use either hand and never really think about it. Also is the side-swipe a z10 thing? My Q is still up/down.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:07 PM
    I gave the phone to my both friends one is right handed and the other is left handed and told them both to go to the hub..
    and told them if it was natural gesture for them when they got to it .. you know that answer was that the right handed was ok with it and the left handed even that
    he could get to the hub he still somewhat felt that it wasn't natural for him ..

a phone is not only about the features but also about the user experience we can get from it..
    11-12-13 01:39 PM
    I'm right handed and my left hand doesn't do much. Ever since BB10, I've actually used my left hand more than ever!!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:03 PM
    Hi,

For example, now in 10.2.1.1055 the phone answering is swipe to the left and for some it is not the side gesture they are used to ...
    2 things:

1. Noone on BB10 is used to a left gesture to answer a phone call.

2. Who says a left swipe is a right handed gesture?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:06 PM
    I agree with the op in the sense that I am a left hander and using the overflow menus can be a bit cumbersome having to stretch across the screen to select something.

I'm fine with the hub swipe, to me that's natural as you are "pulling" open the hub.

As for the call screen, personally I prefer the current call screen.

If they could give you the option to move the menus to the left side of the screen, I'd be for it!

Posted on a Post-It!
    11-12-13 05:10 PM