i suspect one of the several bb10 devices will be marketed as the Storm Lives! touch with side slider as rumored in the past...screen will be around 4.0 and will not click obviously. both virtual keyboard and side slider for horizontal view...and all with bb10....i will pray for this..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 09:24 PM
    You're crazy. The Storm was a terrible device and the very name invokes bad dreams and nasty thoughts. If RIM was to put out another Storm, they might as well light the buildings on fire and close all doors. Let the Storm name die, like it should. There is copious amounts of whom the Storm was their final BlackBerry device because it was JUST. THAT. BAD.
    01-22-13 09:30 PM
    It wasn't that bad. It was better than my generic Samsung flip phone.
    00stryder and SlcCorrado like this.
    01-22-13 09:53 PM
    As funny as this may seem my fianc�e is getting a bb10 device because of the storm. She had the 1st storm when it 1st came out and loved it. but the screen died on her right around the time the iphone 4 came to Verizon and she got that and has hated it every since. Her contract is up and she's ready for a bb10 phone now all because of the storm.
    01-22-13 09:55 PM
    that is the beauty of it! RIM can show that it learned from failure/mediocrity...remember there will be about 6 devices...and this one would be in the middle...for die hards and some newbies! I am sure it will be marketed like SL10 and only a quick slogan or two in ads will state the Storm Lives....

01-22-13 10:03 PM
    You're crazy. The Storm was a terrible device and the very name invokes bad dreams and nasty thoughts. If RIM was to put out another Storm, they might as well light the buildings on fire and close all doors. Let the Storm name die, like it should. There is copious amounts of whom the Storm was their final BlackBerry device because it was JUST. THAT. BAD.
    Bless you my son for validating my great and terrible suffering...Job aint got nothing on me....and here's how much of a BB fan I am....I had the storm (actually one every 3 months for a year and a half when the surepress POS went out....the first one I sent against a brick wall in a fashion that would have made Nolan Ryan weep with admiration) AND the storm 2 and I am STILL a Blackberry fan....yeah...insane, right? Like my post if you too were afflicted with the great pestilence called Storm!
    01-22-13 10:09 PM
    Bless you my son for validating my great and terrible suffering...Job aint got nothing on me....and here's how much of a BB fan I am....I had the storm (actually one every 3 months for a year and a half when the surepress POS went out....the first one I sent against a brick wall in a fashion that would have made Nolan Ryan weep with admiration) AND the storm 2 and I am STILL a Blackberry fan....yeah...insane, right? Like my post if you too were afflicted with the great pestilence called Storm!
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that actually liked the Storms (I've owned both). It was the best phone for one-handed typing (SurePress and SureType are a great combination) I've used thus far. With that said, I look forward to the BB10 keyboard.
    01-22-13 10:11 PM
    i have a Torch 9850 now and have learned to love it...aka Storm 3...i also had original Storm which was my first BB device, biased maybe...but a touch with side slider with BB10 would be sweet no matter what the name or marketing slogan!

01-22-13 10:13 PM
    01-22-13 10:15 PM
    There you go...call it The Crazy C10 model....

01-22-13 10:20 PM
    Holy **** this is the worst idea I've ever heard. The Storm did terrible, terrible things for RIM's reputation. RIM would never associate themselves with that name again. A storm is something you want to avoid, it brings damage and destruction, as the name implies.

EDIT: I'm not done yet. I want to physically take the hard drives that this post resides on and burn them. I want to visit each and every person who read this post and delete all history in their browser that relates to this post at all. I'm going to build a time machine and go back to an hour ago and slap you.

Another edit: i want to take away your electronic devices and replace them with a pad of paper and a pencil, not even a pen, but a pencil.

Edit 3: I want to go back to school and get my phd in psychology and use your thought process on this idea as the subject of my thesis.
    Last edited by jesseh; 01-22-13 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Lasers
    Rello, svelt and AlexAllen like this.
    01-22-13 10:26 PM
    As much as I love the name Storm, my brother still owns one and it completely ruined his love for BlackBerry.
    01-22-13 10:34 PM
    I had a joke I always shared with the verizon guys that I LITERALLY called on a weekly basis for problems with my storm....."Hey, I know why this thing is called the Storm....because it BLOWWWWS"
    I firmly believe that the Storm is THE device that destroyed many peoples love affair with BB....I also have stated on numerous occasion, had BB offered the 9850 (which I LOVE) instead of the Storm 2, they might have been able to do quite a bit of damage control and actually keep some kind of market share
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-22-13 11:22 PM
    i have a Torch 9850 now and have learned to love it...aka Storm 3...i also had original Storm which was my first BB device, biased maybe...but a touch with side slider with BB10 would be sweet no matter what the name or marketing slogan!

Arrrghh please stop saying Storm! I have a 9860 and will never refer to it as a Storm 3
    01-22-13 11:46 PM
    BB10 Storm Lives! SL10?-n.jpg

hahaha. I still have a storm 1 that I use occasionally. Just got a brand new housing for it so it looks brand new now.

Its a love and hate relation with it to be honest. There are times where I really do think that the click screen was a nice idea. Like for example when taking photos, you could touch the screen to focus, then click it to take photos. I got quite apt at typing with suretype too. haha. However, there are times where it frustrates the heck out of me, software, and reliability issues wise. I can completely understand why a lot of people will cringe at the though of the word "Storm" behind the word "BlackBerry".

I had a Torch 9860 which I loved as well, but I absolutely think they did the right thing by not labeling it the Storm 3. The Storm name should be left alone, locked away, buried nailed shut in a coffin, 60 feet under the ground.
    rjkolo likes this.
    01-23-13 02:41 AM
    The Storm did do bad things for RIM. I had the 1 and 2. I actually liked the concept but hated to click of surepress. Loved suretype. One handed operation was great and the phone worked well however. I actually liked mine but it did not compare to the other touch screen devices it was meant to compete with.
    01-23-13 02:47 AM
    and that folks, is how you get a thread going....the Storm is on the horizon....and it will live.
    to each person opposed to this, may you be caught out in the storm with no shelter....God speed!

You must learn to find good in everything....bottom line is I want a touch device with a side slider for horizontal use...call it what you will, or most importantly what you will not!
    Embrace debate and not hate!

01-23-13 03:19 AM
    You're not the only one.....the only reason I own a BlackBerry is because of the full screen Storm. I started with the 9530, upgraded to the 9550, and am now on the Torch 9850. Granted, the 9850 is far superior with BB7, but I found both Storm devices to be great communication devices. Its too bad that they rushed the 9530 out instead of coming out with the 9550 first. I really don't see how the 9550 is any worse than any other BB device of the time, imo...
    01-23-13 11:29 PM
    I am so glad i'm going to meet you in nyc. I nearly had a black-out laughing so hard.

Holy **** this is the worst idea I've ever heard. The Storm did terrible, terrible things for RIM's reputation. RIM would never associate themselves with that name again. A storm is something you want to avoid, it brings damage and destruction, as the name implies.

EDIT: I'm not done yet. I want to physically take the hard drives that this post resides on and burn them. I want to visit each and every person who read this post and delete all history in their browser that relates to this post at all. I'm going to build a time machine and go back to an hour ago and slap you.

Another edit: i want to take away your electronic devices and replace them with a pad of paper and a pencil, not even a pen, but a pencil.

Edit 3: I want to go back to school and get my phd in psychology and use your thought process on this idea as the subject of my thesis.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-24-13 02:33 PM
    The Storm 2 was a solid phone, and would be regarded more positively if it wasn't for its first iteration/abomination.
    01-24-13 02:40 PM
    For all the bashers of the Storm here...are you working for any smartphone manufacturers in a high capacity role? NO! Believe in progress, take your past mistakes and Wow in the future! #StormLives

01-24-13 03:14 PM
    With OS7, the Storm name was set adrift and both the Storm and the Torch became the Torch. Here is the slider you are talking about.
    BB10 Storm Lives! SL10?-blackberry_t10.jpg
    01-24-13 04:39 PM
    Verizon better carry it...even though I would prefer a side slider! for bb10 that is...

01-24-13 05:50 PM
    i suspect one of the several bb10 devices will be marketed as the Storm Lives!
    Ha - I seriously doubt that. By all rights, the successor to the Storm is the Torch 9850. Look at what brand it has ...

Many of the people I know who jumped from BlackBerry and speak with intense hatred of the brand are Storm owners.

I had the chance to use one for a week on a trip when deciding between it and the 9700 and I absolutely hated it. I tried the Torch 9850 too. Liked that one much better ... the screen was bigger, the software way less glitchy and the device was much more smooth performing. You could tell RIM really upped the hardware. More space for apps too.

Still ultimately had the same problem that bugged me about all-touch BlackBerrys ... it always felt to me like they unnaturally grafted an OS meant for a different world (scroll+click) onto a touchscreen and everything was too hard. Too hard compared to other BlackBerrys and too hard compared to an OS meant for a touch screen in the first place.

I didn't really like RIM touch devices until they had a hybrid model (9800/9900) where the touch screen accented the experience instead of getting in the way. And honestly, I'm pleased that BlackBerry 10's touch experience is coming off the heritage of the PlayBook (designed from scratch for touch) than that of the Storm.
    01-24-13 06:01 PM
    I am so glad i'm going to meet you in nyc. I nearly had a black-out laughing so hard.
    Thanks, it's a very passionate subject. But, I'm not going to the NYC event, unless that was your idea of an invite?
    01-24-13 06:22 PM
52 123