Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. HF
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 and Sprint

Has anyone heard if Sprint will have the BB10 device soon after release?

I would like to upgrade from the Bold, and was planning on doing it right after release, but I can't seem to find any
    information about Sprint offering it.

Thanks for any information.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Good question HF , Why Sprint haven't announce their support for Blackberry 10 ? I haven't heard anything myself...
    TomJasper likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,091 Global Posts

My gut tells me they will be a late adopter, if at all. Yesterday they announced they will carry wp8 by summer, clearly many months ahead, yet this late not a peep about BB10. I could be 100% wrong but dots are just not connecting correctly with them, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mzceetee View Post
    Good question HF , Why Sprint haven't announce their support for Blackberry 10 ? I haven't heard anything myself...
    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    11,394 Global Posts

Default Re: BB10 and Sprint

haven't heard anything either, but I can say this if they don't it will be bye bye sprint, over the past year I've seen them carring less and less BB products.
    Thanked by:
    ldudiaz (01-08-2013) 
    Spencerdl, dimm0k and ldudiaz like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    16,688 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    haven't heard anything either, but I can say this if they don't it will be bye bye sprint, over the past year I've seen them carring less and less BB products.
    I agree with that, BYE BYE Sprint. Hate to give up UNLIMITED, but if no BB10 no Sprint for ME!!
    dimm0k likes this.

Global Posts
    10,491 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I don't know if they will; the Dev Alpha tradeup let you choose between Verizon or GSM if I remember right.
    I'm planning on leaving Sprint for TMo anyway, and taking all 5 lines with me.
    ldudiaz likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    16,688 Global Posts

I guess I need to start shopping around for a carrier......this is NOT good
    CrackBerry Genius

Im already prepared to leave them behind....im looking for the first carrier that has BB10, last thing sprint tweeted me was "Thanks for the interest! As soon as we get official word on our upcomming devices, we'll announce it to you! Thanks! *BMH"
    9105>8520>8530>9930>Playbook(Wifi)/Z10/Waiting On Another..

Official AND Only Knight Of The Peevilicious Crew.
    Everything I Post, You can Thank Peeves, If I Mess Up, Blame Wayne.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    My gut tells me they will be a late adopter, if at all. Yesterday they announced they will carry wp8 by summer, clearly many months ahead, yet this late not a peep about BB10. I could be 100% wrong but dots are just not connecting correctly with them, so far.
    I wouldn't necessarily draw any conclusions from CES conferences. RIM has probably prohibited any carriers from publicly announcing anything about BB10 before 30th January. I'm sure that then, RIM will announce every carrier that plans to sell BB10 devices. RIM has traditionally held relatively good relationships with carriers, so I'm pretty sure the four major U.S. carriers will have BB10 at some point.
    CrackBerry Genius

talked to customer service the other day abt this while dealing w/ unrelated issue & they said they would have it but not sure when,,, w/ the exception of BB7 release, Sprint usually lags behind other carriers in releasing phones/updates/etc,,, i really like my unlimited everything too,,, i've been w/ 'em since '99 when i got my Motorola StarTac so i have all the extra goodies also,,, i say be patient,,, they may or may not have it on launch but they'll have it,,, i was planning on waiting on Aristo so i'm not in a hurry,,, i'll let 'em work the bugs out then use my upgrade,,, i'm not going to leave & give up all my extra goodies, there's no one that could match the deal i have...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts

Only two that have been confirmed through the FCC is AT&T and Verizon. So far...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

If Sprint is going to be late to the party, they deserve to lose business.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts

I don't think that they will have BB10 for launch because they are too heavily invested in selling Iphones since they made that huge distribution deal with Apple.
    CrackBerry Genius

nothing is for sure. I'm sure RIM made a good prestation when they were talking to all carriers. sprint has always come on board. sometimes later, but sometimes earlier. I am sprint so I am optimistic and hoping for the best
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    Thanked by:
    mzceetee (01-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Yes I heard that also Sprint will carry wp8,what gives Sprint you right TomJasper not a peep about BB10..and I held back from my upgrade and my Contract ends this month with them...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by SirJes View Post
    Im already prepared to leave them behind....im looking for the first carrier that has BB10, last thing sprint tweeted me was "Thanks for the interest! As soon as we get official word on our upcomming devices, we'll announce it to you! Thanks! *BMH"
    You are feeling like I am about Sprint..my contract ends within a few weeks with them making some hard decisions here....

Global Posts
    32,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    If they support WP 8 as effectively as they did WP 7, that won't be very exciting. But I'd expect them to go with BB 10, they didn't do to badly with BB before.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!

Global Posts
    32,113 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

I set up a Google Alert for news about a BB 10 release announcement, and so the waiting begins.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mzceetee View Post
    Yes I heard that also Sprint will carry wp8,what gives Sprint you right TomJasper not a peep about BB10..and I held back from my upgrade and my Contract ends this month with them...
    don't sweat it,,, once your contract expires you just go month to month w/ the same rate,,, that's the way it's always worked for me...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."
    Thanked by:
    mzceetee (01-09-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    don't sweat it,,, once your contract expires you just go month to month w/ the same rate,,, that's the way it's always worked for me...
    this is how its worked for me as well. been with sprint for 17 years. only service I have ever used
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

I believe there was an article months ago and one of the higher ups at Sprint said they were going to take a wait and see approach. I believe that was in August. I will give them until Mid February and that's it!
    dimm0k likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    I believe there was an article months ago and one of the higher ups at Sprint said they were going to take a wait and see approach. I believe that was in August. I will give them until Mid February and that's it!
    I'm gonna give them 30 days from Jan 30th
    dimm0k likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,304 Global Posts

I want to give Sprint the benefit of the doubt on BB10 and their supposed network upgrades in March... but I don't know how long I can hold out if they don't have BB10...
    Rockin' PlayBook 2.1.0.1526 bridged with the Bold 9930 7.1.0.1033

My 9630 theme: dimm0k's V1 theme
  24. HF
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Thanks for all responses. Guess we will all have wait and see. . . .
    I really do hope they have it soon. Already allocated $$ for it and would hate to leave sprint behind due to unlimited data, but I need better internet than BB Bold due to work needs. Hope it happens soon!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    yes but that was way before RIM started making presentations to the carriers. let's hope they did a great job and changed things
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast