Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
Like Tree36Likes
  1. aha
    aha is online now
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,237 Posts
    #26  

    Default BB10 Specs not up to par?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    Although it's quad core, nVidia Tegra 3 is not exactly state of the art. In most video benchmarks, it lags behind the Apple A5, which is over a year old and clocked slower, and barely beats the single core A4 at same speeds. In video performance, it's not even in the same league as the A5X, let alone the A6. Not all quad cores are created the same, and by the same token, not all dual cores are created the same.
    not to mention the omap 4470... we are getting omap 4470 right?
  2. aragone79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    690 Posts
    #27  

    Default Re: BB10 Specs not up to par?????

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    not to mention the omap 4470... we are getting omap 4470 right?
    Let's say 75% of the market around the globe. Hehhehe. Just kidding for the persentage.
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

    HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

    9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520
  3. Cesare21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    465 Posts
    PIN
    K Ink Wink
    #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aragone79 View Post
    Let's say 75% of the market around the globe. Hehhehe. Just kidding for the persentage.
    I believe the North American market will get the Snapdragon chip while the other markets get the OMAP. And going by the current market share, it may well be the correct percentage!!
    Children of tomorrow live in the tears that fall today
    Will the sunrise of tomorrow bring in peace in any way?
    Must the world live in the shadow of atomic fear?
    Can they win the fight for peace or will they disappear?

    -- Black Sabbath: Children of the Grave
    jerryeight likes this.
  4. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,681 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathank View Post
    Actually sir i did a quick google search after i did this post and found out they did use the chip. My question is why are all the comments so negative, i'm starting to dislike this crackberry site, u cant write 1 freaking post without some *** putting in his 2 cents, i'm on phonescoop gsmarena phonearena and never get responded to like the way i do on crackberry, fyi u have 3000 posts get a life
    Dude, your first line was "I Love the phone but the specs are average." Then your very next post you say "...why is every1 complaining that the specs are average?????" See why it looked like you were having a conversation with yourself? And D_March has over 3,000 HELPFUL posts on this site, and I'm sure has a life, unlike someone that comes here and posts two opposing viewpoints in as many posts.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    Thanked by:
    D_March (12-24-2012) 
    D_March and jerryeight like this.
  5. aha
    aha is online now
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,237 Posts
    #30  

    Default Re: BB10 Specs not up to par?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Cesare21 View Post
    I believe the North American market will get the Snapdragon chip while the other markets get the OMAP. And going by the current market share, it may well be the correct percentage!!
    Which one is better? S4 pro or OMAP4470? Google search seems to give mixed results.
  6. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Which one is better? S4 pro or OMAP4470? Google search seems to give mixed results.
    S4 Pro, if for no other reason than it uses significantly less power at same speeds, and it's smaller for the same number of cores. The Z10 will have S4 Plus.
  7. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,950 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #32  

    Default

    Old RIM (old CEOs) talked about the integrated LTE chipset and all. Over the long term I do not think anyone has bought it.

    The only platform where there is a big specs race is Android and that is because it is a way to differentiate competing handsets that are all built on the same free OS and otherwise very very similar. BlackBerry 10 like iOS and Windows Phone will be a unique platform. If it is smooth and fast no one will care about the specs details all that much.
  8. pantlesspenguin's Avatar

    Posts
    5,681 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,823 Global Posts
    PIN
    7901FC6B
    #33  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southlander View Post
    Old RIM (old CEOs) talked about the integrated LTE chipset and all. Over the long term I do not think anyone has bought it.

    The only platform where there is a big specs race is Android and that is because it is a way to differentiate competing handsets that are all built on the same free OS and otherwise very very similar. BlackBerry 10 like iOS and Windows Phone will be a unique platform. If it is smooth and fast no one will care about the specs details all that much.
    Agreed. I care more about features than specs. As long as the transitions are smooth, minimal to non-existant lag, no app crashes, etc I'm golden in that regard.
    Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
    southlander likes this.
  9. aha
    aha is online now
    aha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,237 Posts
    #34  

    Default Re: BB10 Specs not up to par?????

    Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Which one is better? S4 pro or OMAP4470? Google search seems to give mixed results.
    Hey! The most indepth discussion actually happened here in CrackBerry:

    OMAP4470, Snapdragon MSM8960... !

    kudos to you, crackberrians!
  10. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,950 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pantlesspenguin View Post
    Agreed. I care more about features than specs. As long as the transitions are smooth, minimal to non-existant lag, no app crashes, etc I'm golden in that regard.
    Agreed. But if there is any bull this time (shakes fist in the general direction of RIM...). Lol.

    Let's hope it pans out to be as great as it is looking.
  11. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Syntax check, 95% similar to poster _________.
    Spelling check - 6 issues
    Punctuation check(complex expression) - 2 issues
    Grammar check(passive voice) - 2 issues

    For the mod who gave me 20 points for calling out poster _______ trolling ways please read my disclaimer.
    Disclaimer: this post is for entertainment purposes , any reference to a "real" person is fictional at best.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathank View Post
    I Love the phone but the specs are average. I thought RIM told us months ago the main REASON for the delay of BB10 was a Special LTE chip that was not currently out in the market. RIM was waiting for this hardware to be released and thats why BB10 is delayed. The Mysterious LTE Chip RIM Is Betting Its Future On - Forbes Now Rim has said the delay is because they want to make it perfect. Which is it? because the specs in this phone seem outdated (From what I have been reading in the comments) I hope RIM really steps it up with BB10, I think the OS will be flawless (we have waited long enough)
  12. Specwire's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathank View Post
    I Love the phone but the specs are average. I thought RIM told us months ago the main REASON for the delay of BB10 was a Special LTE chip that was not currently out in the market. RIM was waiting for this hardware to be released and thats why BB10 is delayed. The Mysterious LTE Chip RIM Is Betting Its Future On - Forbes Now Rim has said the delay is because they want to make it perfect. Which is it? because the specs in this phone seem outdated (From what I have been reading in the comments) I hope RIM really steps it up with BB10, I think the OS will be flawless (we have waited long enough)
    Apple made the right choice in waiting for LTE chips to mature. The end result is all day battery life on a tiny 1440mAH battery. Old LTE chips are a mess.

    And as for software, just look at all the android phones. Bugs and poor optimization is the norm.

    If RIM is giving it a little more time to get the little stuff right, that's fine with me.
    southlander likes this.
  13. jerryeight's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    #38  

    Default

    Haha whenever I use my PlayBook outside in public like at school, library, Starbucks ;D people who sit next to me always ask me what it is and go " Wow that screen is amazing!" I think we can honestly say that the screen quality of it is on par if not better than the apple products.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 2.1 update browser score up to par with BB10
    By TRlPPlN in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM
  2. Replacement phone not up to par..
    By flip4life4751 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
  3. RIM hardware not up to par?
    By nullpointer in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 06:31 AM
  4. Which characteristic, if not up to par, will be a deal breaker?
    By brando123b in forum BlackBerry Storm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 09:14 PM
  5. "My Ringtones" list is not up to date
    By njaremka in forum BlackBerry 8830 WE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions