As a longtime BlackBerry fan and user since the Bold 9780, I'm sure many will agree with me when I say, it's pretty discouraging to read post after post and discussion after discussion bashing BlackBerry and their leadership. But to be honest, after reading the 'not so optimistic' thoughts and predictions of so many users to include some analysts and reading about the termination of Built for BlackBerry, DroidBerry phones, and unclear/un-clarified future of BB10 doesn't paint the best picture. But that doesn't automatically spell doom and gloom for BlackBerry especially when you come across an article like this: Best phone you ever had? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com (don't let the name of the forum fool you)

With all the back and forth and ups and downs, especially in the hand-set division, fans and users need something to go off of. I'm not suggesting a false sense of hope, but at least some sort idea what we can expect as a BB10 user and fan. As the above article points out, there are a lot of people out their who considered their old BlackBerries as some of their best phones EVER to include users who jumped platforms...even Apple users!! That tells me BlackBerry is perfectly capable of designing a great product that users will love!!

So I'm left at a crossroads as many others are: Should I Stay with a device and OS that might be obsolete pretty soon or Should I Go with a device that I don't care for as much but will be more reliable in the long-term regarding manufacturer support? It'd be great to have some of the Crackberry staff weigh in on this!

- Crafted on My BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition -

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    05-20-16 09:27 PM
    If the OS and / or the now-requisite hacks and workarounds stop working for you, then the smart choice is to leave to a platform that works.
    05-20-16 09:31 PM
    I switched back to BlackBerry after 4 years of ios. I liked ios a lot, but wanted to give BlackBerry one last try.

The lack of apps is a moderately big deal to me, but I love the physical keyboard.

Enjoy it while you can, but remember that it's only a phone.

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 and bbafdad like this.
    05-21-16 12:06 AM
    Just recently came back after my work made us use Samsung phones, couldn't be happier.

I'm going to use it till BB10 (or the servers) quit working, I don't know if there is any data cross between mail blackberry and hub but once that and BBWorld quits then I guess I have no choice, but till then you will have to pry my Q5 from my cold dead hands!

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-21-16 02:16 AM
    In my opinion it's the best OS out there it just lacks the apps. If blackberry can produce a android classic with as much BlackBerry 10 goodies as possible they would have a winner.

Posted via CB10
    enrod87, bbafdad and Robert Bitter like this.
    05-21-16 05:20 AM
    The device will keep running even if the the OS has become obsolete. I am staying with BB10 as I have some devices in stock which will take me to 2021.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    05-21-16 05:52 AM
    I would stick around until the end!

I actually just switched back to my Classic from the Priv. While the Priv is an amazing device, Android is not the OS for me. I keep coming back to BB10. I figure this time I will ride it out until the end, then jumpship only when I am forced to.
    I have even been eyeing up buying a new Passport again. (which I sold mine to get the Priv....dummy right!)

Anyways, if you like BB10, stick with it while you can. Eventually all good things come to an end...

Doesn't get Classier then posting from a Classic!
    bbafdad and enrod87 like this.
    05-21-16 08:23 AM
    to the op - if the thing that makes you keep your blackberry is nostalgia - then it is time to move on. My first smartphone is a BB, but when I purchased the storm and replaced it afterwards - I know it is time for me to move on to a new os.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-21-16 at 11:27 AM.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-21-16 09:23 AM
    to the op - if the thing that makes you keep your blackberry is nostalgia - then it is time to move on. My first smartphone is a BB, but when I purchased the storm and replaced it afterwards - I know it is time for me to move on to a new os.
    Ronindan, I don't think it's just nostalgia that keeps bringing me back to BlackBerry, but that's definitely part of it. I KNOW BB10 is for me but the best BB10 experience is on the Passport and the Passport form factor isn't really my style....so that leaves me on the fence about what to do...

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 04:02 PM
    Ronindan, I don't think it's just nostalgia that keeps bringing me back to BlackBerry, but that's definitely part of it. I KNOW BB10 is for me but the best BB10 experience is on the Passport and the Passport form factor isn't really my style....so that leaves me on the fence about what to do...

Posted via CB10
    The Passport form factor is definitely an acquired taste. I think it would have been awesome if they would have release a BB10 version of the Priv. Even just a limited amount, I would have been willing to pay an arm and leg for it!

05-21-16 07:29 PM
    As a longtime BlackBerry fan and user since the Bold 9780, I'm sure many will agree with me when I say, it's pretty discouraging to read post after post and discussion after discussion bashing BlackBerry and their leadership. But to be honest, after reading the 'not so optimistic' thoughts and predictions of so many users to include some analysts and reading about the termination of Built for BlackBerry, DroidBerry phones, and unclear/un-clarified future of BB10 doesn't paint the best picture. But that doesn't automatically spell doom and gloom for BlackBerry especially when you come across an article like this: Best phone you ever had? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com (don't let the name of the forum fool you)

With all the back and forth and ups and downs, especially in the hand-set division, fans and users need something to go off of. I'm not suggesting a false sense of hope, but at least some sort idea what we can expect as a BB10 user and fan. As the above article points out, there are a lot of people out their who considered their old BlackBerries as some of their best phones EVER to include users who jumped platforms...even Apple users!! That tells me BlackBerry is perfectly capable of designing a great product that users will love!!

So I'm left at a crossroads as many others are: Should I Stay with a device and OS that might be obsolete pretty soon or Should I Go with a device that I don't care for as much but will be more reliable in the long-term regarding manufacturer support? It'd be great to have some of the Crackberry staff weigh in on this!

Posted via CB10
    If you own a BlackBerry 10 device and it is not obsolete for you yet and if you prefer BlackBerry 10 I would say to stay with it until you need to change with another OS.
    If you wanna try another OS, if you're BlackBerry 10 device doesn't cover you needs you should try other OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 04:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    One question.......why are you worried about this...............what if is a dangerous question....you could get eaten by a T-Rex. But are you worried. If you like the phone and it does what you want it to, then don't worry. The day may come when it will not....that could be this Monday or 1 year from now. Who knows BlackBerries handset division is in flux. I would worry more if they pull the plug on Android, its a crap shoot at this point. Chen said two more handsets for Android. Maybe...maybe not. Apple is having issues and so is Galaxy. Just enjoy.......when the day comes then move on...............Woof!
    bbafdad and IndianTiwari like this.
    05-22-16 09:20 AM
    But that doesn't automatically spell doom and gloom for BlackBerry especially when you come across an article like this: Best phone you ever had? - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    Very few BB10 devices listed as a favorite. Mostly the older classic BB. They were great phones with a great eco system that worked great. Not the BS work arounds and side loading crap you need to do now just to get it to have functions beyond a dumb phone.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-22-16 11:45 AM
    BlackBerries handset division is in flux.
    In flux? Losing money every 1/4 is not "Flux"
    05-22-16 11:46 AM
    In flux? Losing money every 1/4 is not "Flux"
    I was making a point and yes in flux. Maybe new handsets maybe not.
    05-22-16 12:57 PM
    The Passport form factor is definitely an acquired taste. I think it would have been awesome if they would have release a BB10 version of the Priv. Even just a limited amount, I would have been willing to pay an arm and leg for it!

Great point and sweet ride!

Woof!
    05-22-16 01:00 PM
    OK I love my BlackBerry Passport. In the UK I can't get Sky Go which is a real pain since I pay for it. Clearly BB10 is over, so what should I buy next? I want the best of UK Apps. Yes I know that there's no need to leave BB10 until it's over but I like to plan ahead. Loyal Blackberry user for over 15 years. Lack of marketing, and delay in bringing out BB10, killed RIM/Blackberry. The lack of marketing in particular has annoyed me as when BB10 was launched there was way back but Blackberry blew it. RIP. Stuart

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-22-16 02:20 PM
    I love bb qnx and would probably have the Priv if it had bb10. Still my fav is the q5 (my z10 and Passport also tempt me). I used a flip phone for 5 years before so I'll have a couple more years yet with bb10 .

I do use Android frequently and iOS daily and like all the options but to pick one today, it's still the q5 (although I wish it could be an all touch with capacitive keyboard somehow converting between the 2 and have dual sims with 3D Touch and airdrop with built in thermometer and turn into a pony all in that handy form factor)
    bbafdad and moosbb like this.
    05-22-16 03:10 PM
    As all state, if it works for you, if it provides a solution to your needs, then continue to use BB10. It may indeed become the equivalent of a classic car, but, if you like, then nothing to worry about.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-22-16 06:32 PM
    OP- I've been wrestling with the same question lately. I have a Classic and love it. No problems, great service with T-Mobile. The efficiency of the interface and physical controls make it an excellent device.

However, it's concerning the OS has not received any update for at least five months. Not sure if this is just me, the carrier-vetting process or BlackBerry. Running 10.3.2.2514.

BlackBerry 10 seems more secure than iOS, Android, and WP.. but won't be if it's not updated.

It's both disappointing and rational why BB is moving to Android. I love BB, but will have trouble moving (..it doesn't feel like an upgrade) to Android, especially at the Priv's current price.

With the current cloud of indecisiveness, the best solution seems to be to wait until clarity emerges.

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-22-16 11:58 PM
    Very few BB10 devices listed as a favorite. Mostly the older classic BB. They were great phones with a great eco system that worked great. Not the BS work arounds and side loading crap you need to do now just to get it to have functions beyond a dumb phone.
    Very true! Tells me that BlackBerry is capable of delivering a great product to the end user! They just need to get back to what made them great in the first place!!
    05-23-16 04:26 AM
    OK I love my BlackBerry Passport. In the UK I can't get Sky Go which is a real pain since I pay for it. Clearly BB10 is over, so what should I buy next? I want the best of UK Apps. Yes I know that there's no need to leave BB10 until it's over but I like to plan ahead. Loyal Blackberry user for over 15 years. Lack of marketing, and delay in bringing out BB10, killed RIM/Blackberry. The lack of marketing in particular has annoyed me as when BB10 was launched there was way back but Blackberry blew it. RIP. Stuart

Posted via CB10
    Stuart, I couldn't agree more! That's my dilemma to the "T". I like to plan ahead and so I don't want to waste time/energy/money on a device that's going nowhere...but at the same time I'm tired of wasting time/energy/money supporting a product I hate (Apple)...I digress...
    05-23-16 04:29 AM
    As all state, if it works for you, if it provides a solution to your needs, then continue to use BB10. It may indeed become the equivalent of a classic car, but, if you like, then nothing to worry about.
    It definitely works for me, but not on every angle currently which is why I'm at such a crossroads...
    05-23-16 04:31 AM
    OP- I've been wrestling with the same question lately. I have a Classic and love it. No problems, great service with T-Mobile. The efficiency of the interface and physical controls make it an excellent device.

However, it's concerning the OS has not received any update for at least five months. Not sure if this is just me, the carrier-vetting process or BlackBerry. Running 10.3.2.2514.

BlackBerry 10 seems more secure than iOS, Android, and WP.. but won't be if it's not updated.

It's both disappointing and rational why BB is moving to Android. I love BB, but will have trouble moving (..it doesn't feel like an upgrade) to Android, especially at the Priv's current price.

With the current cloud of indecisiveness, the best solution seems to be to wait until clarity emerges.

Posted via CB10
    Spark, I couldn't agree more!! I am in love with my Passport, but running a business solely from social media is difficult with a device whose social media apps are severely lacking! Currently, that's my main and only hang up with BB10. If they could ONLY get decent social media APPS...if only....
    05-23-16 04:34 AM
    I would be really interested to know how BlackBerry's Android user base compares the current BB10 user base. For the BlackBerry Android experiment to work, the number BlackBerry Droiders needs to be a multiple of those holding on to BB10. I suspect that is not the case and the BB10 lot outnumber the PRIVS even now.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση ���
    05-23-16 06:51 AM
37 12