- CrackBerry Abuser
- 179 Posts
BB10 Required Reboots?
For those in the know, or those with dev devices, will BB10 require as much rebooting when installing/uninstalling apps? That's one very frustrating aspect of BBOS, especially given how long a reboot takes! Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.
- 12-14-12, 04:17 AM #2
- CrackBerry Addict
12-14-12, 04:31 AM #3
- 591 Posts
BB10, as Canuckvoip said, requires NO reboot after installing/uninstalling apps. An OS update, as with the PlayBook will require a reboot, but from what I read recently, that (unlike other mobile OSs - iOS, Android, etc...) will be up to the user to decide when you reboot the phone.
One last point, the most recent information I read was that BB10 reboot time is clocking in WELL under 1 minute... I think it was around 40 seconds for a full reboot at that time with several weeks left to improve that time further.
- 12-14-12, 11:00 AM #4
The newest Dev Alpha update seems to have made the boot time a little longer then the previous with my device. It take about one and a half mins. The Dev Alpha B will be faster to boot then my A, and when they iron out more bugs before the launch it will get faster, also it will go faster after they remove the debug code.
Also the only times I reboot my Dev Alpha A is when I get the update so from sept update to nov i did not shut down or reboot the device.
- By robby001 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 11Last Post: 11-22-16, 08:20 PM
- By rbenjamin in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 2Last Post: 03-11-10, 08:21 PM
- By leo1055 in forum Storm 3rd Party AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-09, 07:38 PM
- By datstudandre in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 5Last Post: 04-27-09, 05:28 PM
- By Bowersdmstech in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-08, 02:36 AM