Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By canuckvoip
  • 1 Post By simu31
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 Required Reboots?

For those in the know, or those with dev devices, will BB10 require as much rebooting when installing/uninstalling apps? That's one very frustrating aspect of BBOS, especially given how long a reboot takes! Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,687 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npisano View Post
    For those in the know, or those with dev devices, will BB10 require as much rebooting when installing/uninstalling apps? That's one very frustrating aspect of BBOS, especially given how long a reboot takes! Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.
    Absolutely not sir/madam. It's pretty much the same as the Playbook in that regard. Can't remember the last reboot after installing/un-installing lots of apps.
    PB reboot time is longish to be honest. I think BB10 will be much shorter.
    Some people like to build things
    Some people like to tear things down
    Be a builder, people will like you more.
    Thanked by:
    npisano (12-14-2012) 
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

BB10, as Canuckvoip said, requires NO reboot after installing/uninstalling apps. An OS update, as with the PlayBook will require a reboot, but from what I read recently, that (unlike other mobile OSs - iOS, Android, etc...) will be up to the user to decide when you reboot the phone.

One last point, the most recent information I read was that BB10 reboot time is clocking in WELL under 1 minute... I think it was around 40 seconds for a full reboot at that time with several weeks left to improve that time further.

Si.
    Thanked by:
    npisano (12-14-2012) 
    peter9477 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

The newest Dev Alpha update seems to have made the boot time a little longer then the previous with my device. It take about one and a half mins. The Dev Alpha B will be faster to boot then my A, and when they iron out more bugs before the launch it will get faster, also it will go faster after they remove the debug code.

Also the only times I reboot my Dev Alpha A is when I get the update so from sept update to nov i did not shut down or reboot the device.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,007 Global Posts

PlayBook OS (of which BB10 is a newer more advanced derivative of) doesn't so can't see this needing it either.
    Thanked by:
    npisano (12-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,129 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Quote Originally Posted by simu31 View Post
    BB10, as Canuckvoip said, requires NO reboot after installing/uninstalling apps. An OS update, as with the PlayBook will require a reboot, but from what I read recently, that (unlike other mobile OSs - iOS, Android, etc...) will be up to the user to decide when you reboot the phone.

One last point, the most recent information I read was that BB10 reboot time is clocking in WELL under 1 minute... I think it was around 40 seconds for a full reboot at that time with several weeks left to improve that time further.

Si.
    I don't have to reboot after installing or removing applications. But I do reboot once every 2 weeks whether or not it needs it.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    Thanked by:
    npisano (12-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

The playbook doesnt need to reboot when installing/uninstalling apps. The core os is pretty much the same, so rebooting after that isnt necessary
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣