I know the release dates for BB10 are just rumor so far but does anyone besides me think that not releasing right after the launch event is a HUGE mistake? RIM has been building so much momentum recently and everyday more and more people are starting to realize what a great phone the Z10 is going to be,,I would just hate to see RIM lose all that momentum by launching Jan30 and then announcing that the phones won't be available for another month or two. Look what happened with WP8,,,the media ripped MS a new one for launching the WP8 phones and then not giving a release date only to release over a full month later. I think if RIM anounces Jan30 and has the phone available the next day or soon after RIM will have a huge hit!!!!
    tdaye likes this.
    01-13-13 03:33 PM
    RIM cant do a whole lot about it. Unless RIM doesnt have enough z10s available to distribute to some of the carriers, its in the carriers hands for the most part. It would be great for RIM to announce on the 30th and then be able to say VZW, ATT, Rogers, Bell, etc will have then available within 2 weeks. Not to mention other carriers around the world. We just have to see. All the "dates" are just rumors so far and maybe we will see 10-15 carriers have the phones for sale within 2 weeks
    01-13-13 03:52 PM
    They'll launch when they launch, and whenever that is, I'm sure they have a good reason for it. We'll find out January 30th.....
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-13-13 03:55 PM
    OP, I feel ya.

Sure, sooner is better than later, but in the final analysis RIM set this date months ago. I'll take a little slippage in availability if it comes to that, though I'll admit I'm still hoping we're being punk'd on these dates.
    jakie55 and DisturbedRocks31 like this.
    01-13-13 04:02 PM
    Well if you have Twitter follow carrier EE. They just tweeted that they will have the phone at launch !!!!
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-13-13 04:05 PM
    BlackBerry.com reports: EE confirms BlackBerry 10 available at launch in UK.
    01-13-13 04:07 PM
    Well if you have Twitter follow carrier EE. They just tweeted that they will have the phone at launch !!!!
    Yes, when the phones become available to carriers, EE will have them. This doesn't mean that they will have them as of January 30th.
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    01-13-13 04:07 PM
    Yes, when the phones become available to carriers, EE will have them. This doesn't mean that they will have them as of January 30th.
    Jan 30 is the launch, no? They are saying that they will have them at that time, at launch.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-13-13 04:09 PM
    OP, I feel ya.

Sure, sooner is better than later, but in the final analysis RIM set this date months ago. I'll take a little slippage in availability if it comes to that, though I'll admit I'm still hoping we're being punk'd on these dates.
    Gotta think if it's late Feb they could have set the date for announcement as mid Feb. we only knew Q1 so we would have been happy with a mid Fed unavailing. They have done this right so far so I am expecting it will release by mid Feb in NA.
    01-13-13 04:10 PM
    I really hope its soon after launch,,,,I'm sure by that time mometum will have reached its peak and people will be wanting these phones ASAP,especially after seeing the new stuff that RIM has in store for us,,,,CAN'T WAIT FOR BB10!!!
    01-13-13 04:16 PM
    Jan 30 is the launch, no? They are saying that they will have them at that time, at launch.
    I'm not saying it won't happen, as we all would like to have them available at that time, but wording can be easily misunderstood. Yes, RIM is having their launch event for the new OS but the date of availability, which one could use "launch" of the phones, could be different. I do hope I'm wrong and carriers will have them to sell right out the gates but I also will not get my hopes up.

If you're on Twitter, could you tweet the person that tweeted that and ask to confirm if they mean the phones will be available as of the 30th?
    01-13-13 04:19 PM
    01-13-13 04:31 PM
    "EE have announced on Twitter that they will be there at launch with BlackBerry 10 availability."
    01-13-13 04:33 PM
    Well that would be really cool and I hope I'm proven wrong and they will be available as of the event. Thanks tdaye. Wasn't trying to disprove what you were posting, simply looking at it from a different angle.
    tdaye likes this.
    01-13-13 04:43 PM
    I'm on Tmo USA,,,hope were not that late to the BB10 party lol
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-13-13 05:29 PM
    That's great that EE will have it so soon. But that does me no good here in the states on AT&T.
    01-13-13 05:31 PM
    I can't imagine them being available too far off the announcement. Training probably has gone out to carriers here in Canada on selling BlackBerry 10 already.
    tdaye likes this.
    01-13-13 05:34 PM
    I don't think the phones should go for sale the day of the launch it will catch to many people off guard and does not give enough time for marketing to do it's job. remember RIM is not doing any main stream marketing of the Z10 prior to the launch. if the first week of sales is to be good they need to draw new people to BB not just the loyal fans who all pre-ordered, in order to do that the average Joe needs to see the real Z10 in all it's glory and have time to make an educated decision. that being said I also fully agree that a month is FAR to long it will kill their momentum. 1-2 weeks is the optimal range I would say.
    01-13-13 05:54 PM
    As a former employee at Future Shop, I know that they really pump out their training stuff on Friday's, as that's when a new flyer goes into effect and the new Plays of the Week (their inside term for sales) are given to employees.

I was at both Best Buy and Future Shop in Kelowna this past weekend, and I don't think any training or product knowledge has come available. At Best Buy, I went in asking for some information about their pre-orders for BlackBerry 10 and he looked at me and said "we're doing pre-orders for BlackBerry 10?" I thanked him and left.

Went to Future Shop, and I went in, again to the Cell Shop and wanted information about pre-ordering. The fella had heard something about it and sought information from his co-worker who didn't know anything about it. They looked through their notebooks for the SKU, but couldn't find it. I asked if they had the same SKU system as Best Buy, and they said yes. I quickly came to Crackberry and got the SKU from the Bell leak a few days ago. It worked. He took my info, and pre-order was $50.

It was evident they have not had any training or information come from their management about the release yet.
    01-13-13 06:06 PM
    Honestly its not about first week sales or first quarter sales its all about just getting it out to the world. Yes the more the better but the main goal is to build up the brand blackberry again. So getting it to reviewers is key and consumers of course but if they don't sell off first week it won't be a problem. It's going to take a while to bring back the brand. This just the first step remember that. I'm not expecting the world to throw away their phones and run back to blackberry but in a couple years who knows what market share will look like.

I doubt Samsung knew a couple years how big they were gonna be.
    01-13-13 06:26 PM
    I think if RIM isn't going to do any mainstream marketing than releasing the phone right after launch is even more important that way all the BB loyalist that that would have preordered can help promote and advertise via youtube and the web with unboxing videos and reviews,,,,nothin like free advertising.
    01-13-13 07:32 PM
    since this is a highly anticipated launch the first week will be very important, even if it is just a perception and not a reflection of actual sales. if week one results in a lack lustre response the media will pounce on it and make it all that much harder to gain traction again. look what happened when the iphone 5 flopped it's first week in china, it was all over the 11:00 news.
    01-13-13 09:53 PM
    since this is a highly anticipated launch the first week will be very important, even if it is just a perception and not a reflection of actual sales. if week one results in a lack lustre response the media will pounce on it and make it all that much harder to gain traction again. look what happened when the iphone 5 flopped it's first week in china, it was all over the 11:00 news.
    the iphone 5 flopped in china? the one that broke sales records?
    01-13-13 09:58 PM
    That's exactly my point,,,RIM needs as many sales as soon as possible and not releasing the phones for sale right after announcing might hinder that,,they have strike while the momentum high.
    01-13-13 10:02 PM
    As a former employee at Future Shop, I know that they really pump out their training stuff on Friday's, as that's when a new flyer goes into effect and the new Plays of the Week (their inside term for sales) are given to employees.

I was at both Best Buy and Future Shop in Kelowna this past weekend, and I don't think any training or product knowledge has come available. At Best Buy, I went in asking for some information about their pre-orders for BlackBerry 10 and he looked at me and said "we're doing pre-orders for BlackBerry 10?" I thanked him and left.

Went to Future Shop, and I went in, again to the Cell Shop and wanted information about pre-ordering. The fella had heard something about it and sought information from his co-worker who didn't know anything about it. They looked through their notebooks for the SKU, but couldn't find it. I asked if they had the same SKU system as Best Buy, and they said yes. I quickly came to Crackberry and got the SKU from the Bell leak a few days ago. It worked. He took my info, and pre-order was $50.

It was evident they have not had any training or information come from their management about the release yet.

Best Buy and Future Shop are not the only retailers that will be selling BB10. Also, they are not as directly affiliated with carriers as other stores.
    ie: Black's Photography is owned by Telus, and sells Telus devices, and therefore be getting Telus training.
    01-13-13 10:18 PM
33 12