if that price is true rim may as well concede defeat to Microsoft now.

i'm glad 3 year contracts are illegal here in the eu.

rim needs to realise they are at the bottom of the pile, not up there with iphone 5 and s3. they need to gain the reputation before charging similar prices.

i hope they see that come the 30th.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-20-12 12:53 PM
    $800 is not a confirmed price.
    Indeed it's not confirmed, I have a feeling that's what the service providers might pay for it, it's up to them after that to charge whatever they want, 1 year, 3 years contracts, data packages, roaming packages, overage fees, that's where the money is, not in selling phones, well that's my opinion anyway. All I know is that I was given a price of $199 to replace my current phone and my name was added to a list (13th) for when it gets out.
    12-20-12 04:11 PM
    I'm not pasting more than $100 on a 2 year contract.
    You must be in US?
    Canada we have a 3 yr plans.
    I change my phone every 3 yrs.
    12-23-12 08:50 AM
    Does anyone remember what happen "Facebook", when they were greedy, they thought they would overprice the shares.
    I hope RIM doesn't do the same thing.
    12-23-12 08:56 AM
    According to press, T-Mo is doing away with phone subsidies and allowing user with contracts to pay the phone off on a monthly basis. Have to see if they stick with that. Am holding out for the 10 in hopes it will, like almost every BB on T-Mo (usa) have wifi-calling. But I am definitely waiting for the 10 to become avail before buying my next phone.
    12-23-12 09:34 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted before, couldn't find it but Rogers just announced the price for the BB10 on a 3 years plan, $199.

Not bad if you ask me. How will it fair against iPhone 4s now available for $0??
    No link, it's from our rep at Rogers, we have a corporate account and I gave my name to be on the list to get one as they become available and tha'st what he told me.
    Not really an announcement then, is it? It's more of a mention from one person to another.
    12-23-12 09:34 AM
    RIM can ask whatever they want, I will wait until the price is right for me.
    12-23-12 10:17 AM
    got my bb playbook 64gb at a marked down price... loved it !
    12-23-12 10:25 AM
    I agree, I shouldn't have used the word announcement but that rep did not pick that price out of thin air! So there must be some truth in it.
    12-23-12 10:27 AM
    I'm not a marketing expert or anything but this is how I see it; the Z10 and n-series needs to be about getting BB10 into people's hands. They should sell them with as thin of a margin as they can while hopefully stemming the tide and bringing in enough positive cash flow to stay afloat and perhaps start generating a slim profit. This should be enough to calm most investors. This way they can build up the consumer base for BB10 faster and convince more developers that porting to BB10 is worthwhile. To this end, I believe it is important to get BB10 for the Playbook out ASAP to kickstart that userbase by perhaps another ~2 million devices (or however many Playbooks there are out there now). I hope this is part of RIM's strategy and it might be part of the reason why the Playbooks have been sold fairly cheap. Once a userbase has been set-up and more developers and apps have come on board, there will be momentum behind BB10 in the marketplace. This is when RIM can bring out devices like the Aristo with larger margins built in and truly get back to real profitability.
    12-24-12 08:05 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted before, couldn't find it but Rogers just announced the price for the BB10 on a 3 years plan, $199.

Not bad if you ask me. How will it fair against iPhone 4s now available for $0??
    Rogers also wants a $40 deposit for pre-orders, to be refunded once you get the phone (or cancel). If all they asked you for was $199, that may have included the refundable deposit. You should check that out.
    12-24-12 08:38 AM
    Not really an announcement then, is it? It's more of a mention from one person to another.
    it's also what they might be charging corporate accounts, with corporate features included. So this isn't anything official at all in that case. It's just what your company is paying.
    12-24-12 08:40 AM
37 12