Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default bb10 phone costs?

What will the new BB10 phones cost especially on a two or three year contracts

There is no information yet. Most likely the resellers (networks) won't even set their target prices until the final devices are announced.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    CrackBerry User

Just drop a $50 in your sock drawer each month until release, or if you need to hide it from the ole ball and chain like I do, stick it in a rarely watched DVD case
    bluetroll, robkd and jkomo001 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    5,070 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giancolap View Post
    Most likely similar priced to phones now. i am sure they will have various tiers and price ranges from low end to high end devices.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,501 Global Posts

Phones will continue to be subsidized.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by giancolap View Post
    $12
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I think the pricing will be a huge factor. if its a good amount cheaper than iphones, i think many would say, well this one looks just as cool, and try it. (of course after they do they'd be blown away and realize how awesome it is). but I just hope they don't make it too expensive to scare people away.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,995 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jkomo001 View Post
    I think the pricing will be a huge factor. if its a good amount cheaper than iphones, i think many would say, well this one looks just as cool, and try it. (of course after they do they'd be blown away and realize how awesome it is). but I just hope they don't make it too expensive to scare people away.
    They won't be able to undercut the iPhone on a subsidized price in the US because carriers give the iPhone a higher subsidy to hit that $200 sweet spot. Even if the non-subsidized price is $100 or more less, it will cost the buyer the same in the store. If it were a level playing field with subsidized amounts, iPhone wouldn't sell anywhere near what it does now.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

$50 off contract. If you take 2-3 years contract, they will pay you to get the phone.

Yet, you won't be satisfied with the price
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Proud Owner of PlayBook WiFi 32 16 GB
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy

If they're aiming for a niche market then the price needs to be higher than us crackheads are willing to pay.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStormRising View Post
    If they're aiming for a niche market then the price needs to be higher than us crackheads are willing to pay.
    Riiiiiiiight......hahaha Don't forget some people actually bought the p'9981 for about 2000 US(You can pick up a 9981 for about 1799+Tax right now, so they are dropping in price) Safe to say the newest handsets will be cheaper than that. I'm off contract, and will probably stay that way until BB10 comes out.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    328008E2

Should be the same price as the iPhone 4S was when it came out. No excuses there. If the marketing is done right RIM should have no problem there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330AB97D

$29.99 or two for $50! And if you act now, you get a slapchop, 4 snuggies, a lifetime supply of oxi-clean and a shamwow... For free!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    330AB97D

...Shipping and handling not included
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I completely agree with this. They priced the Playbook too high in the beginning and look what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jkomo001 View Post
    Thanked by:
    jkomo001 (11-28-2012) 
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMe11 View Post
    I completely agree with this. They priced the Playbook too high in the beginning and look what happened.
    The problem with that thinking, though, is that they have to restore their margins to recover as a company. They can't keep cementing this idea that Blackberry is a discount low end brand, because that's a game they will eventually lose to the larger Asian companies. Financially, I think they need to stick to the higher end (perhaps that means more focus on the enterprise).
    cgk and southlander like this.
    CrackBerry User

Talking i do not need mine. take it off my hands now.

id like to sell mine. Im not developer.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    32578D32

Quote Originally Posted by 13david77 View Post
    $29.99 or two for $50! And if you act now, you get a slapchop, 4 snuggies, a lifetime supply of oxi-clean and a shamwow... For free!
    awe, no schticky??
    jkomo001 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    In my pants.

My guess it will be in the 199.99 - 249.99 price range. Just a guess though!
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.2.1.537
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: 2.1.0.1032
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    32FE97BA

We're all just guessing of course but I would certainly assume the top line all touch and "new Bold" will be $299.00 on contract in the US.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,354 Global Posts

You know if RIM offered some kind of trade in value for current BBs they could create a large user base of current users and be able to assure developers of a significant market. In a perfect world it would be an even trade.
    chrysaurora likes this.
  22. cgk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    7,724 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by app_Developer View Post
    The problem with that thinking, though, is that they have to restore their margins to recover as a company. They can't keep cementing this idea that Blackberry is a discount low end brand, because that's a game they will eventually lose to the larger Asian companies. Financially, I think they need to stick to the higher end (perhaps that means more focus on the enterprise).
    Completely correct - BB10 is partly an attempt to return selling hardware for decent margins rather than cost or as a write-off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    bluetroll likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts

My guess is $150-$199 on a two-year contract in the U.S. I don't think they'll go any less and going for anything higher would be dangerous. It should not be priced above the iPhone, but it could be in the same price range.

The thing with the PlayBook was that it was simply a smaller, unproven tablet trying to compete with the iPad at the same price point. To most people, the choice between the newest iPad (at the time) and a PlayBook at $499 is almost a no-brainer. The PlayBook was priced out of contention until the price drops.

For the L- and N-Series devices, I believe they'll be RIM's flagships (the L-Series, more or less) and I think that RIM can reasonably price them at $199 and expect sales. You don't want to give the impression that these devices are cheap, or that RIM is cutting costs at the price of quality. These will be high-end devices and they should be priced as such. There is such a thing as "too cheap."

I'm planning to buy the L-Series device off-contract, so I'm pretty interested in what that'll cost. My estimate is around the $550-$600 range. Does that sound about correct?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts

I dunno but here in NA Tmo had the Bold at the same price point as the GSII. I thought it was a little ridiculous as the average consumer would prob opt for the android device as a better value for their money.

RIM will need to be priced competitively here in NA if they want to see good sale numbers especially on carriers that carry the iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

$195 lower than Iphone 5 hehe and free choice of the NEW Bluetooth Accessories coming in.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast