I wonder if BB10 will sync with MS Outlook?

This has been one of the reasons I have stuck with BB over the years, (there are plenty more), but finding a smartphone that syncs with Outlook is increasingly difficult and I use all of those features except Outlook mail on my BB. Notes, Tasks, Calendar and Contacts. I don't want to use a third party app to sync some of these, I want what BB is doing now with Outlook. Either that or come up with a content management system that works with BB Desktop (which has been a thorn in my side as far as ease of use). Take NOTE BB! You have one up on iPhone and Android if you do this. I come from a time when PDAs were the thing and I used them religiously to keep track of my life. Here's hoping this feature continues with BB 10 cuz I've been due for a phone for weeks now and have decided to wait for BB phones next year.

With a keyboard!
    11-01-12 01:34 PM
    I still use desktop redirector!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 01:49 PM
    Completely agree - just add support for Outlook Category syncing and a requirement for a direct sync - not some mickey mouse "through Google or MS-Live" account I'd have to set up just as a conduit. Direct, not via the cloud.

It's crazy - every Time/Priority Management technique out there, from GTD to Priority Management, depends heavily on Categories. Yet very few (if any) of the smartphone sync programs out there support Outlook Categories.

RIM, if you nail this one you will have a HUGE differentiator among "people who do". I will be honest, if BB10 doesn't do this, then as far as I am concerned I will be happy to look at an iPhone, Android or even Windows phone. Personally, as one who lives by their smartphone, that is my one key deal breaker.

- R.
    12-18-12 12:48 AM
    There have been a few hints that BlackBerry will continue to support direct sync to Outlook, here's one from a thread a bit ago;

This from the fixes for the Dev alpha os upgrade today:

Pictures added to contacts on the BlackBerry device were not synchronized to Microsoft Outlook.

To me that suggests that BB10 will sync with Outlook. I don't have a Dev Alpha, have no idea how it is syncing.
    I too hope BlackBerry continues to support direct sync to Outlook. There is some data that I'd rather not have to run through the internet and store on some server who knows where.
    12-18-12 03:00 AM
    Here's a bit of info that may be of interest :

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...er-app-761581/

- R.
    01-10-13 04:07 PM