YOUR CARRIERS FAULT THE UPDATES ARE SLOW, NOT BLACKBERRY..
    Don't you think it would be nice if there was a repository or forum for the various BB O/S builds ( non leaks or hybrids ) and what they fixed. Many of us are waiting for a fix to resolve rebooting / lock ups / network issues / and more and all we hear is it's in carrier testing. I would feel much better and be more patient if I knew that my issues were fixed in version a.b.c.d and the build was sent to AT&T for testing on x/y/z.

We are waiting for the carrier to approve builds that we don't even know fixed our problem(s) in the first place. I have numerous incidents with BB and I have no idea the status or if they identified the root cause of the issue in-house and what o/s build will fix it.

Maybe Kevin and Gang should start doing less TM 13 and other questionable activities, such as non sense reviews on junk and help the CB community with their issues and possible resolves. I do believe CB has the clout to get needed answers however they appear to have vanished on other non CB projects.

They (CB) are very gung ho on BB, yet they are the last to call out BB when there is an issue, and believe me from looking at many of the threads on this site alone, there are many issues to be resolved, and just ignoring them does not help, Kevin.
    Last edited by advcomputer; 06-03-13 at 03:46 PM.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    06-03-13 03:34 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't even push updates for its own "Nexus" type device. Or at least the closest thing BlackBerry has to a Nexus like device.

Alec Saunders described the Limited Edition BlackBerry Z10 as "the badest BlackBerry device ever made". The phone is factory unlocked from BlackBerry, not offered on any carrier any where in the world, yet it still can't get updated from BlackBerry.

So, um what's the excuse for BlackBerry now? What carriers are slowing down the updates for the badest BlackBerry device ever made?

The Nexus phones get updates straight from Google because they are factory unlocked and come directly from Google. No carrier invloved in those devices at all. Just like the LEZ10 is completely free from carrier interference.

Yet BlackBerry hasn't pushed a single OTA update to the LEZ10. Not a single one. So what gives folks? Oh well, keep on blaming those carriers I guess.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    A good point, well made.
    However it's possible to buy both a regular Z10 and a Q10 factory unlocked and you still won't get direct updates from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-03-13 06:02 PM
    This is unfortunate. I was planning to get my phone unlocked shortly. I guess in the absence of updates from BB ( or my employer since we have dis-continued use of Link ), I will be staying locked.
    At least your carrier can escalate to BlackBerry if you need deep tech support.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-03-13 06:10 PM
    Dont be mistaken. BlackBerry CAN do it..... the carriers just wont LET them. With 5% market share BB really cant afford to tick off the carriers.
    Bingo, only Apple is truly in a position to dictate. I've basically resorted to the leaked OS builds. They basically come from BlackBerry, simply indirectly.

Posted with my STL100-3 OS version .2354 on AT&T
    06-03-13 06:23 PM
    So, how many of you have already got 10.1 for your Z10? All of us are waiting like idiots to get that update and we have no clue when we'll get it, because BlackBerry has shown another example of their inefficiency. BlackBerry has given the task of updating BB10 OS to all the different carriers, and Carriers are not giving us any details/hints about the 10.1 update, and we are screwed up. Great Idea! BlackBerry you should take this to heart...

With only 2 devices in the market so far, BB10 is already getting fragmented when it comes to OS version. That is amazing performance by BB. isn't that?

I'm still stuck at 10.0 and that's why I can't download many of the new apps which require 10.1 update. I have no idea when I'll get it and how I'll get it. Handing over this responsibility of updating BB10 OS to carriers shows nothing but non-serious and unprofessional attitude of BlackBerry. They have already left Z10 owners struggling at this early stage, which is confirmation of the fact that they haven't changed at all, this is what they did with PlayBook.

I have one simple question to ask, why don't they release updates directly OTA like Apple does?
    Apple has been doing this from day one, all different iPhones are being used with various carriers from around the world, yet they don't leave this responsibility to carriers, coz they care about their customers and value them unlike BlackBerry.

Thank you for continuing your tradition of screwing up your customers, you never fail to disappoint me BB.
    06-03-13 10:59 PM
205 ... 789