I'd like people to post what they'd like to see still added to BB10.

I for one would like to change the LED like on BBOS.

Also to be able to mark my BBM's as unread in the HUB.

My two most wanted features at the moment. What about you guys?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:37 PM
    I would like deeper customisation of notifications and deeper profiles.
    SharonRD and D600abc like this.
    09-28-13 03:52 PM
    1) Actionable settings, like in Android. I want be able to turn on/off WiFi and cellular data, helps to preserve battery in weak signal coverage areas.
    2) 96/24 audio support, hardware support this on all BB10 phones.
    3) Resizable, frameless (transparent background) and actionable active frames. This should provide widget like experience, but much better.
    For example: music player which occupies space of two active frames and its actually fully functional app, no need to maximize it. But it has the 'X' so I can close it. For apps which support headless optional hide symbol will be shown.

*) Far future: desktop replacement when connected to large display. Each active frame behaves like normal windowed application with the ability to move, minimize, resize and close it. BB10 already has many capabilities to be used as a desktop replacement: file browser, network browser, internet browser, PDF and Office documents, fully featured email and calendar management. The fact that the native libs are based on Qt gives the ability of adapting some desktop application which are written in Qt.

EDIT:
    Improvements:
    1) Dark/Light themes are available in 10.2 for some apps. Lets extend this feature, make global color scheme support, such that each app which not defines color scheme will use the global one. Provide wide selection of colors and may be some other eye candy.
    2) Consistent UI: ensure that all built-in and "built for BlackBerry" apps provide the same methods for settings and navigation.
    3) More gestures: "..." - settings should be accessible by swipe from the right in all apps.

*) Optional: left/right handed switch. Give the ability to flip gestures for left handed. For example accessing hub can be done by UP then LEFT gesture.
    Last edited by sergey_IL; 09-28-13 at 04:26 PM.
    mithrazor and patrick10 like this.
    09-28-13 04:15 PM
    I would like an easier and quicker way to organize photo albums and bookmarks on browser.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 04:17 PM
    BBM voice note. I miss that from my 9700. The voice control app does not work that we'll. Voice note was easy.
    09-28-13 04:21 PM
    Freely arrangable app icons just like you have them on android would be very nice in my opinion! For example if you only use four apps on your homescreen like me i'd love to be able to put them at the bottom of the screen instead of having them up there.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 04:22 PM
    I for one would like to change the LED like on BBOS.
    To be fair, that was only available for the first time in one of the later OS 7.1builds. Prior to that, third party apps was the only way to get that feature.

But it would be nice to have it, especially if the whole headless apps issue is still going to be a problem. The only reason I haven't bought any of the custom led apps is because of the headless issue. I don't like keeping something up in the active frames screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 05:00 PM
    Yep, I'm with qbnkelt, better customisation of notifications, LED, and profiles. Also:

* Better text selection and copy n' paste function, although I haven't had the opportunity to try the new copy/paste with 10.2 yet.
    * Browser: organisation of bookmarks, ie folders, arrange alphabetically, etc, ability to open "New Tab" with homepage of choice.
    * More features in Pictures and Music.
    * Phone app automatically closes when your call is ended.
    * Customisable drop-down settings

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    Last edited by SharonRD; 09-28-13 at 05:16 PM.
    09-28-13 05:05 PM
    I have a few more.

I want things to be more accessible in the music player. This is kind related to all of BB10's UI.

*Seeing ALL songs in the Music app.

*I'd like more graphical elements instead of having to rely on the overflow menu to get to my option. Kind of complicates the OS IMO. For example: when picking shuffle music, i'd like a way to do that without going into the overflow menu. I'm glad they have a little square box on hte top right for the now playing though.

*Customizing options in the settings quick menu. Or maybe even add pages (like indicated by dots like on the home screen) so user can choose what to have in there.
    09-28-13 05:24 PM
    Automatic clear of search field when closing contacts. When I search for a contact, click to call, exit out and when I go back my contacts list is still filtered for my last search.

Auto Bedside Mode: set auto-bedside based on time of day (i.e. 11PM - 7AM).

Dedicated icons for each inbox to avoid swiping through the hub.

Posted via CB10
    cubsncards likes this.
    09-29-13 08:06 PM
    What I want there to be in 10.3,10.2/10.2.1MR, Futuristic:
    1. Re-sizable Icon - I want to be able to fit more icons on the screen
    2. Cardholder App (If not in 10.2) - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...holder-840771/
    3. Parallax wallpapers -
    iOS 7 Parallax Feature Looks Like This TAT Concept (Video) - N4BB http://forums.crackberry.com/general...2009-a-817249/ Blackberry has the company who basically created parallax (TAT), why the hell isn't it on BB10 yet???
    4. Cinnamon Toast - BlackBerry 10 "Cinnamon Toast" Has Gone Stale - N4BB they just patented it but it was "too gimmicky" for Blackberry's well wake up because by looking at the gimmicks that Apple and Samsung has, that is what is attracting their customers. Just make a damn option between: Lock Screen Preview, Cinnamon Toast or none.
    5. Finger Print: BlackBerry Almost Introduced a Fingerprint Scanner Why would you create it available for smart phones in 2004 and patent it for 2009 just for iOS to steal the thunder. This is all people are talking about. If you can't put it on the bezel or something then have the Next Gen Blackberry's have it.
    I originally "liked" that idea but iOS7 Touch ID got cracked in 2 days. Retina scanning through the face camera or something would be better QNX already makes them Medical but now that would be in the futuristic category :P
    6. Wolfram Alpha/Voice Control (if not in 10.2): in the early 10.2 releases (10.2.0.483) voice control started to get good then after that they dropped the ball and it doesn't even work like it use to. But beyond that they should make it as good as Google Now.
    I personally like on the Mot X (only phone that has this feature so far); you don't have to press a button to make the voice command. You can just say: "Motorola - wake me up in 20 minutes" This would be sweet in a blackberry which would get carried over to the QNX car systems which would be really cool.
    7. BB Maps- Personally I think BB10 has the best turn by turn then. Expand like: POI, Traffic needs to be a bit better, intersect search, faster autofill, satellite, walk/transit routes, voice commands like nearest Walmart. Just get a couple of those features at a time. I'm not complaining since I do love the maps and I do understand that it's completely new. I do like the presentation of iOS7 maps but everyone knows that iOS maps as of iOS6 or earlier is a joke.
    8. Custom Home screen
    9. screen saver mode/ battery saver (battery saver mode that keeps watch and restrict apps that consume a lot of power when it's selected)
    10. more customization options, especially the drag down menu
    11. Themes API for developers
    12. developer tie up for exclusive first launch of apps on 10.
    13. super camera mode- we've all known about these 2 in the link BlackBerry A10 Images & 2 New BlackBerry 10 Camera Modes Confirmed in Latest 10.2 Builds - BerryReview but have something innovative. It also need face recognition Now it's on OS10.2.1.200 Do something new with face recognition and have it pair up using facebook to add tags to the people so it's easier looking for pictures(search by picture tag) or add it to their contact profile this would be unreal. I don't know if I mention panorama but it needs to be done
    14. day planner (something to do with map where you have planned a day and it tells you, reminds you and notify you of some changes if required due to xyz reason in route) Kind of what Google Now does. But if they market this right it can become huge.
    15. music equalizer with some sound enhancements. And features like update on social apps what you listening.
    16. Keyboard Button Vibrate like on android phones
    17. memory compression since already a lot of users including me facing this issue of high memory consumption.
    18. Blackberry needs to buy some M2M company like Sierra Wireless and get the ball rolling with Business Enterprise, Phones and the QNX systems in the cars by getting a crazy cloud service going that takes iCloud to a whole different level.
    19. Link - Personally I'd completely change it but just improve it so I can use it with out hassle maybe even add in some sweet feature like being able to customize your phone lay out from link. Cloud comes in and auto sync Wifi
    20. Open VPN
    21. Like Unbuntu have a desktop mode (futuristic)
    22. Regular stuff: battery life, faster/more fluent, more BBOS7 features (Q10 is getting a lot of them already)
    23. More profiles like BBOS
    24. Music - changing songs while phone is locked. JayBird BlueBuds X has a pretty good feature when changing songs. If you hold the volume button for 3-5seconds the song will change either pressing the +(up a songs) or - (down a song).
    Found this under settings->main volume->turn "music shortcuts "on". Good job BB for giving us that feature!
    Source: Had to copy some ideas off someone
    BlackBerry 10.3 features: [ BlackBerry 10 OS ]

Customizing would be huge and would bring over soo many android users
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-29-13 08:11 PM
    -Custom notifications for specific email folders
    -get rid of the lame iOS scroll wheel for entering date/time on the calendar
    -flick up gesture to close apps instead of hitting the X when in Active Frames

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:28 PM
    Able to share all posts on Facebook would be a nice feature.
    len pothier likes this.
    09-29-13 08:29 PM
    The biggest wish: someone from BlackBerry reads this thread
    mithrazor and len pothier like this.
    09-30-13 06:25 AM
    I'd also like the ability to export/import my Word Substitution list, as well as my Browser bookmarks.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    09-30-13 02:03 PM
    Gmail and Google Apps remote email search via IMAP and EAS. We had remote email search in BBOS. It is a key feature still missing in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    len pothier likes this.
    09-30-13 02:14 PM
    I'd also like the battery percentage to be shown in the top left corner!
    mithrazor and len pothier like this.
    10-01-13 06:41 PM
    The biggest wish: someone from BlackBerry reads this thread
    I hope so too! We have some good ideas in here!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:23 PM
    -Custom notifications for specific email folders
    -get rid of the lame iOS scroll wheel for entering date/time on the calendar
    -flick up gesture to close apps instead of hitting the X when in Active Frames

Posted via CB10
    The flick up gesture wouldn't work because you flick up to go to the next page. That would work if the page didn't scroll.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-02-13 08:08 AM
    I want the multiple selection gesture that bb7 had. Better cut and paste. Deeper integration of play on TV so I can use my browser on the TV. Better contacts that doesn't feel like a separate app phone the phone app. Better phone app cut and paste. More BlackBerry os 7 like features. Better flash integration. It's great but when you go full screen you can't use a bluetooth keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:14 AM
    Oh and gesture to close apps but I've noticed that some apps have an exit button like my flash light app which means I don't have to minimize the app then close it. Also bluetooth mouse do they work? If they do cool if not ok well I want that. A save page feature for the browser a Wifi hot spots shortcut maybe. Oooooh a switch input language for the keyboard please it's hard switching from Spanish to English without screwing up the learned words it's so bad also bring back the sure type keyboard please

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:21 AM
    Oh and gesture to close apps but I've noticed that some apps have an exit button like my flash light app which means I don't have to minimize the app then close it. Also bluetooth mouse do they work? If they do cool if not ok well I want that. A save page feature for the browser a Wifi hot spots shortcut maybe. Oooooh a switch input language for the keyboard please it's hard switching from Spanish to English without screwing up the learned words it's so bad also bring back the sure type keyboard please

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:36 AM
    I wished it didn't disable a wifi connection after a failed attempt to connect.

I have to manually go into the list of connections, pick the connection I want to connect to, and then enable that. Then try to connect.

A pain in the *** in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:15 PM
    First of all for me: a fix of the 'locked state': when the phone is locked, long press on the middle button (between the volume keys) would unlock the phone and start voice recognition.
    Another issue: long press on the power button switches the locked phone off.
    I would love to see that locked stays locked. Simple.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 01:23 PM
    I wished it didn't disable a wifi connection after a failed attempt to connect.

I have to manually go into the list of connections, pick the connection I want to connect to, and then enable that. Then try to connect.

A pain in the *** in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    That drives me batty. I live on a university campus and there is wi-fi basically all over the place. But say I'm walking in between buildings: my phone can detect the signal, but since it's so weak it can't connect. So it disables it. It's quite annoying.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-02-13 02:02 PM
60 123