I can't seem to find an answer to this so I figured this was the place to ask.

Currently I have a Blackberry that is linked to some of my e-mail accounts using Office 365. I have enterprise accounts for employees in my business. If we move to BB10 devices I realize that I could use ActiveSync. What I would like to know is whether the free hosted cloud service will support BB10 and if there advantages of one method over the other?
    02-06-13 09:04 AM
    BES in the cloud gives you some more policies, but very few compared to the old on premise BES.
    Unless there is something you want to do that is not covered by EAS I'd just hook them up directly to Office 365 personally.
    The only thing I've seen people use is to enforce a timeout to lock the BB device with the Cloud BES.
    02-06-13 02:35 PM
    Having never used ActiveSync will messages be updated as quickly as using the Cloud BES? I have read about a 15 minute update for messages that cannot be made shorter but not sure if it applies to this. Also wondering about BB Balance. I understand I need some sort of BES for that to work
    02-08-13 07:22 AM
    Having never used ActiveSync will messages be updated as quickly as using the Cloud BES? I have read about a 15 minute update for messages that cannot be made shorter but not sure if it applies to this. Also wondering about BB Balance. I understand I need some sort of BES for that to work
    BlackBerries with BES use a true push technology. Once the server reads that your mailbox has a new message, the BES sends the email directly to your device. Most of the times this is pretty instant, sometime you will get messages on your BB faster than Outlook. But many factors play into this, such as number of users on the BES, the health of the connection from Microsoft Exchange(Email servers; yes Office365 is just a bunch of Exchange Servers) to the BES.

ActiveSync is not push, it is fast and it seems like it is but it actually pull. With ActiveSync connects it connects to a blank html webpage, this is know as a keep alive. It keeps the connection alive for certain time(can't remember the default time). When a new email comes in it updates the page and you get new email. So essentially it is pull and not push. Most of the time people have less problems with ActiveSync performance because if performance is slow for ActiveSync other things slow down as well. People hate slow email access and so does your admins hearing you complain about it
    02-08-13 11:40 AM
    I'm on o365 too. I just swapped my 9900 (registered on o365 BB business cloud services) in favor of my DevAlpha.
    The sync is clearly not as immediate as it was with my 9900. For example, when you delete a message or mark it as read, there's no instant update on the DA. Yet - happily - when you hit refresh, all goes well. Yet, for delivery, I've just tested and the mail arrived immediately on both Outlook and DA simultaneously (logical, both are ActiveSync).

So far, I've not been able to register my DA (neither my Playbook) PIN into BB BCS .
    02-08-13 12:11 PM
    Use ActiveSync. Here are the instructions: Use email on your mobile phone - Office 365 for enterprises

ActiveSync licenses are included in the cost (with the exception of the Kiosk plans). ActiveSync is push email/calendar/contacts/tasks.

Enjoy!
    02-08-13 10:58 PM
    Use ActiveSync. Here are the instructions: Use email on your mobile phone - Office 365 for enterprises

ActiveSync licenses are included in the cost (with the exception of the Kiosk plans). ActiveSync is push email/calendar/contacts/tasks.

Enjoy!
    Unfortunately, instructions provided by Microsoft at the link above are outdated as Microsoft has not updated that page for BlackBerry 10. Further, you can only use the IMAP/SMTP part of the instructions there because neither the PlayBook OS nor BlackBerry 10 can currently (as of February 2013) be integrated using Office 365's BlackBerry services.

However, BlackBerry 10 is *fully* supported using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync as previous posters have stated.

You *can* integrate your BlackBerry 10 devices right now by using instructions from BlackBerry at:
    KB33522-How to setup an Microsoft Office 365 account on BlackBerry 10

Alternatively, you can match up instructions provided by Microsoft for the iPhone and entering information into the appropriate fields:
    Set Up Microsoft Exchange E-Mail on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch

Exchange ActiveSync integration will give you Microsoft's version of push for Mail, Calendar and Contacts syncing.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-09-13 02:23 AM
    You *can* integrate your BlackBerry 10 devices right now by using instructions from BlackBerry at:
    KB33522-How to setup an Microsoft Office 365 account on BlackBerry 10
    I used a mixed technique (maybe because my DA has a "special" OS, keyboard was not avail when specifying "ActiveSync" directly)
    1. On the BlackBerry 10 navigate to the settings menu
    2. Within the settings menu select Accounts
    3. Click the Add Account option on the bottom of the screen
    4. Click on Email, Calendar and Contacts option
    5. Tap on Advanced on the bottom of the screen
    6. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync option
    7. Type in the Microsoft Office 365 email address for the Username field
    8. Type in the Microsoft Office 365 email address for the Email Address field
    9. For the Server Address field follow the process below to obtain the correct server address (in O365, the "external pop" was not specified : use the regular "POP" address, but keep the port 443)

Now marked as read mails works two ways, tough faster from outlook->DA than DA->Outlook.
    Thank you very much; should be a sticky tuto IMHO !

bluetroll, Centerman66 and b320 like this.
    02-09-13 05:35 AM
    my bb10 is connected to my work email by exchange active sync. emails are never instant. delayed 5 to 15 mins everytime. blackberry support can't help me. my i.t. mgr says i'm the only one with this problem. any idea what the problem might be?
    02-24-13 07:58 PM
    Any chance blackbery will make bb10 and blackberry cloud services compatible?

I will be updating to the q10 as soon as a tmobile (compatible) model comes out...don't want to lose the speed of BES

Thanks
    02-24-13 10:53 PM
    Messages to the device can be delayed for many reasons. If they are arriving in your mailbox but not your device then make sure push is on in your corporate email settings on the device. This will be read only on the device. If it is not read only you are not on the BES but using plain active sync.

BesAdmin Z10 User
    02-25-13 01:24 AM
    I just checked my Exchange Online account (plan 1, the cheapest one), it has Cloud BES option available. So what do you recommend for a BB10 device connecting to Office 365 Exchange online account, via ActiveSync or Cloud BES? Will mails be compressed by Cloud BES just like legacy BIS or BES?
    03-29-13 03:00 AM
    My Exchange Online account points to several POP3 email accounts that I have. Also, I am able to connect my Z10 to my Microsoft Exchange Online account following the instructions presented in this forum, and see from my Z10 all of the POP3 emails that are consolidated by Exchange Online. However, when I reply to any of the emails from my Z10, the "FROM" field is locked into the Exchange email address. I want the FROM field to contain the address corresponding to the POP3 account from which he email was received. How do I fix this?
    03-29-13 12:06 PM