The auto focus needs a little work. It's great right now that it's super fast and has rapid fire speed but that really screws up the auto focus.

I miss how my 9810 would focus o. The photo before taking the picture. Sure, i know how to use the camera and wait for the green box to come out, but others don't. When I let others take pictures for me, pictures always come out blurry because they don't wait for the focus.

Also, it would be nice if they had a button so people would know where to press along with the rapid fire mode.

How about this, rapid fire if you click anywhere in the screen and an onscreen button for slow pics where the cameras focuses before it takes the pic.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 12:32 AM
    You know you can also move the box to focus and get better lighting.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 02:49 AM
    The way to work the camera like the old 9810 is to touch and hold the screen anywhere outside the focus box.. aim at your focus point and wait for box to turn green.. release the touch...

Tapping the screen is just a way to take quick shots and the auto-focus is constantly at play but it does not guarantee a focussed shot since you tapped and it's going to take a quick shot.

And like SDTRMG said.. You can move the box around if you want to focus on something specific but maintain your capture area and angle..
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 03:52 AM
    This just reminds me.. In BB10 it's all there and much more than before.. You just need to figure it out..
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-26-13 03:52 AM
    The auto focus can be annoying at times.
    You point at an object and its in focus but the camera insist on refocusing!

Btw, you can use the volume keys to snap pix too

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:22 PM
    BlackBerry is working on this.
    There was a survey by BlackBerry on their beta site asking about how users would prefer to use their cameras. Whether they would prefer an instant shot regardless of focus, or a shot that might take a bit longer but would be in focus.

I think they need to have an option for instant shots and focus shots.
    That off time something is interesting and you only have a second to take a picture, you don't care about focus.
    But for that family picture where focus matters but time doesn't, it should take the time to focus.
    04-26-13 04:49 PM
    Dint you guys read my post?

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    04-26-13 11:30 PM
    Dint you guys read my post?

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    Yes you dislike how the the focus function works if I understand correctly. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 07:24 PM