Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By saescott
  • 1 Post By Sith_Apprentice
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 Native Stocks App?

I was looking through my native stocks app on my iPhone and i'm thinking to myself that it's actually really useful and has worked better then other ones i've tried. Especially in regards to news that correlates to the app. Now this may only be important to me because I recently bought 300 shares in RIM (What can I say? I believe!) but I think that being so business/enterprise centric that this would be a no brainer for them to include as well. Anyone seen one?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Havent seen anything yet, but like you said its targeted primarily at business users so I bet we will see one.
    8330, 9000, 9780
    CrackBerry Abuser

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE. Most likely someone is making it.

Global Posts
    5,285 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

I've tracked down a couple of leads for online stock quotes. I'm gonna take a run at this...
    Thanked by:
    a1s2d3f4g5 (01-11-2013) 
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

I think it would be pretty dumb not to include one. It can't be too hard to make and it is definitely very useful so I hope they are working on one!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

PLEASE someone make one. But, please make it fit for professional use. Yes, this might require data plans, monthly fees, etc.
    If anyone is listening, this is what a professional level app requires:
    Fully streaming data, no delay, no "refresh" button.
    Quotes: Aside from standard quote fields, bid/ask, bid/ask size, alerts based on stock price and news at the very least.
    Charts: Bar charts OHLC of 1,5,10,15,30,60 minutes, as well as Daily, Weekly & Monthly. Volume. Up to 3 simultaneously displayed moving avgs, stochastics, RSI. For extra credit, ADX/DMI+/-, Bollinger Bands, Trendline/support level capability.
    News: Aside from freebies, ability to subscribe to a quality news package like DJ News, Reuters, etc.

I have been using Quotrek for years, first their handheld units, then Palm/Treo, Then Blackberry, and I now have it on a Bold 9780. If they are available for BB10, fine. However I emailed them, and their answer showed that they are clueless re blackberry, even though not 3 years ago BB was still their goto device. They said that "If BB10 will support their old java apps, then it will be compatible with BB10...". Great... They have no idea that BB10 is a new OS.
    BoldAlways likes this.

Global Posts
    9,763 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

A stocks app could easily incorporate the invocation framework for news/sharing but also push services to receive alerts. A developer (someone much better than I) could, I am sure, take user selectable input to set the threshold for the alerts and incorporate those into the push services, or better yet the active frame of the app.
    ~S_A
    BoldAlways likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

not sure about native app, but this thread suggests etrade app is coming

ETRAde app is confirmed coming to blackberry 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

UPDATE: Quotrek can be converted via any of the online apk>bar converters, and used in conjunction with Netmite's "App Manager". It works very well, wifi only (not bridged) although I have not tried it on one of the new 4G cellular playbooks. My bold 9780 (yes, holding out for the Q10) doesn't have wifi hotspot, but I am quite sure that if your phone has wifi hotspot, you could use it cellularly as well.