BB10 right now is really designed for right handed people. It would be nice if they would give an option to flip everything from one side to the other.
    nquyen likes this.
    02-03-13 12:34 AM
    BB10 right now is really designed for right handed people. It would be nice if they would give an option to flip everything from one side to the other.
    Is that not an option? I'm a southpaw too!
    02-03-13 12:36 AM
    I agree. well the only gesture i can think of that bothered me when I was doing the demo was accessing the hub which was up-right which blocked the messages. but then again if they were to do everything backwards I would be even more confused since I know in my mind it goes from left to right: hub-active frames-apps
    02-03-13 12:38 AM
    Actually. It shouldn't really matter
    02-03-13 12:38 AM
    Third that! Though I suppose I'll adapt if that's the only way to go. After all, we'll be adapting from the uber-QWERTY to a touchscreen, right?!

They changed the peek from right to left, so hopefully it will be a dongle. Not a deal breaker for me. Others may be a bit more...purist...

Sent from a mysterious device beyond your wildest imagination...

EDIT: Got my directions goofy-- and fixed.
    rjkolo likes this.
    02-03-13 12:40 AM
    Having a left- or right-handed choice would be a neat feature but I don't think many left-handers will find it difficult as it is now.
    02-03-13 12:48 AM
    Actually. It shouldn't really matter
    I agree... the gestures shouldnt matter, it isnt like they are forcing you to TYPE with your right hand, i promise you it isnt that bad.

I use the playbook everyday, and most of the time i find myself HOLDING it with my right hand but GESTURING with my left...when i need to type i hold it with my left and type with the right.

if you cannot swipe your right thumb in a coordinated gesture i think that is something that needs more help then BB can offer...
    02-03-13 01:13 AM
    I am right handed but I often find myself operating the thing in my left hand as well just as easily
    02-03-13 01:40 AM
    Maybe someone will make an AAP for that and reverse everything.
    02-03-13 02:01 AM