Went to a Verizon company store the other day as I needed a new micro-sim card. I asked the person helping me.... (8 days before Launch)
    "are they ready for the new Bberrys?"
    her reply...
    "Berry is dead there aren't any new Berrys"
    I said your company has committed to carry the new Berrys
    her reply..
    "we haven't heard anything about new Berrys"

WOW!!!!
    01-24-13 06:53 AM
    sales lady needs a urgent recycle...

Oh Mighty Thor, forgive these sales people!
    01-24-13 07:04 AM
    Did you walk out and not give her you business or tell her she's dumb and blind to the world she works in? I would have stupid people need to be put in their place
    01-24-13 07:04 AM
    Yeah, I had the same experience here. Pretty discouraging, the salesperson I spoke to said "well, I don't know if I'll want to push the new blackberry because they have not given me and my customers a timely level of support in the past with either software or hardware issues; so I'm a little leary." I said "it's a new company with new leadership new focus and a new commitment to make it right" . . She said "we'll see."

Well, while it may be sad, they can't refuse to sell me a phone, so I guess we're all good there. Hopefully enough will buy so she can see the (hopefully) improved experience and change her tune over time.

Add: I'll give her this much, at least she *knew* there was a new bb coming and had actually given a thoughtful answer and seemed willing to give it a fair shake (albeit grudging and somewhat jaundiced).
    01-24-13 07:11 AM
    I actually looked at the official vzw site and NO 9850s, I then called national and they are completely out. The girl at National informed me that most of the higher ups carry BBs. I'm lucky my Verizon guy doesn't try to talk me out of my BB, but most of his coworkers are idiots! So, bottom line they will carry BB10 and like it! LOL
    01-24-13 08:05 AM
    Not surprising really. I have a buddy that works for AT&T that knows BB10 is coming but they have yet to be told a damn thing about them.
    01-24-13 09:21 AM
    Went to a Verizon company store the other day as I needed a new micro-sim card. I asked the person helping me.... (8 days before Launch)
    "are they ready for the new Bberrys?"
    her reply...
    "Berry is dead there aren't any new Berrys"
    I said your company has committed to carry the new Berrys
    her reply..
    "we haven't heard anything about new Berrys"

WOW!!!!
    This goes right in line with what I've been saying...if BB relies on in store salesman and demos to sell their product, they will be DOA.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-24-13 09:55 AM
    I had the same experience 1 day ago. Stopped in to ask if they were accepting pre-orders on the new bb10 devices...the sales person said "what is bb10". I said, its the new blackberry platform...they are unveiling in 7 days with 2 new devices to launch...sales person said "I havent heard anything about it...nobody is going to buy a new blackberry anyway, I thought they went out of buisness" LMAO...yes, my Jaw hit the floor!! (I had a very similar experience about 8 months ago when I ditched my droid razr maxx for my bold) 2 diff sales ppl had the nerve to come over and tell me I would be back In-store in less than a week to get another droid razr maxx and that i was wasting my money on a dead phone company. Then....they told me they didnt even have any in-store and they couldnt x-fer my contacts anyways! (LOL) I promptly went home and ordered online...which, I suspect...I will do when I get my new x10 at release! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! C'mon Verizon!!
    01-24-13 10:10 AM
    Here's the thing guys:

Has Verizon (the company, not the salesdroids) announced when their launch date is?

If Verizon is late carrying the product relative to other carriers, the training is probably going to happen closer to when they have product to sell.

What good is training in January if the product isn't available till - say - April? (I'm making this up). Maybe an FAQ saying "it's coming" might be appropriate, but not sure what else would be good.
    westiewanderer likes this.
    01-24-13 10:27 AM
    No offense to the VZW sales associates, but these people are kept in the dark by Big Red, and fed their info in strict doses.

They are more like Verizon robots, regurgitating the minimalist data they have been fed.
    01-24-13 11:40 AM
    BTW, the VZW CEO has already acknowledged they will carry BB10.

There is a link to the video posted here somewhere on this forum......
    01-24-13 11:41 AM
    BTW, the VZW CEO has already acknowledged they will carry BB10.

There is a link to the video posted here somewhere on this forum......
    Right, that's exactly our point . . If it's been publicly and officially announced how come the associates don't seem to know about it? And my point being, if this is their job then even if they haven't been given the company kool-aid yet don't they peruse the tech blogs to keep up on what's going on in their line of work? Not trying to be critical but it just seems kind of odd that someone who works at selling phones doesn't seem to know what's going on in the phone world.
    01-24-13 01:26 PM
    Right, that's exactly our point . . If it's been publicly and officially announced how come the associates don't seem to know about it? And my point being, if this is their job then even if they haven't been given the company kool-aid yet don't they peruse the tech blogs to keep up on what's going on in their line of work? Not trying to be critical but it just seems kind of odd that someone who works at selling phones doesn't seem to know what's going on in the phone world.
    I spoke about this in another thread months ago. Same deal happened to me at a t-mobile store...truth of the matter is that employees only care about what they can sell, and that little paycheck...once they leave the store they avoid anything related to phones or technology...once in a blue moon you'll come across someone who keeps track of the goings on of the tech world....i have a better experience calling t-mobile directly for upgrades and such. I only go to a store if i want to demo something but usually they will give you a worse deal or info on anything.
    revtech likes this.
    01-24-13 02:00 PM
    All these sales associates that don't have a clue about Blackberry 10 tells me it will be awhile after reveal that these devices will be available. More waiting.
    01-24-13 02:20 PM
    Not necessarily. What irritates me more, a rep might dis iOS in favor of Android etc but it's not based on what the customer really needs. It's either the reps are fanboys of one or another, or there are kickbacks or competitions on who can activate more of a particular phone.

I don't recommend Blackberry at this point to all my users that ask. I base it on them and suggest what would be best for them.
    bb624 likes this.
    01-24-13 02:29 PM

Let me explain something here. Expecting sales people to keep up with technology, is like trying to get drunk by drinking beer from a bottomless mug.

Sales people are motivated by one thing. Commissions. They could give a dang about knowledge.

Good sales people know how to talk about their product, but they literally know just enough to be dangerous. Because most of the people shopping know even less than they do. I'm not going to go into a VZW store and be taught anything by the associates. More than likely I'm going to teach them something. People like us are always going to be disappointed at the knowledge level of top notch sales people. Furthermore, those top notch sales people will also make more money than the tech guys who know loads more about the products being sold. A sad reality in the tech world.
    01-24-13 02:34 PM
    All these sales associates that don't have a clue about Blackberry 10 tells me it will be awhile after reveal that these devices will be available. More waiting.

VZW associates know about 2 or 3 days before they get a new device coming to their store.
    01-24-13 02:36 PM
    VZW associates know about 2 or 3 days before they get a new device coming to their store.
    Really? Don't they have to have some type of training or briefings on the device? Just seems strange to me.
    01-24-13 03:18 PM
    Really? Don't they have to have some type of training or briefings on the device? Just seems strange to me.
    Because they have training on a product doesn't mean they know when they are getting the phone.

01-24-13 03:31 PM
    A lot of these sales reps don't have a genuine interest in the products they sell. While for a lot of us, it would be awesome to educate people with the latest tech on a daily basis and always be the first to play with them, unfortunately this isn't the case. I'm a student and did various retail work for a while and while I tried to be the very best associate or cashier for my company and customers, I didn't really care to know the products we sold and would only get to know them once we were told to stock them or a customer inquired about them. Even then, since I didn't have a genuine interest in the merchandise, once my shift was over, I didn't want to think about anything work related.

One thing I don't like, though, is that regardless of what the customer asked for, the reps should always treat the customer and their interests with respect and provide answers to the best of their knowledge. Saying that BlackBerry is "going out of business" is baseless and, ultimately, an unnecessary detail that doesn't help the customer one bit in their search for a device. I'm sure a lot of the reps simply repeat what they hear other customers say as well. Chances are, they got their info from another customer.

Anyway, one AT&T rep I spoke to last week knew about BB10 and conceded that I probably knew more than him about it. He asked when launch was and when I told him it would be on the 30th, he was shocked that it would be released at the end of the month. He did say that because AT&T carries BlackBerry devices, they'd also be carrying the new devices from launch. I haven't yet asked any Verizon reps about BB10 but I plan to this week. I've never come across any reps (yet) that ridicule BlackBerry or RIM. I do wonder whether the reps know about the devices, yet they are told not to say anything until the official launch on the 30th.
    01-24-13 03:46 PM
    Because they have training on a product doesn't mean they know when they are getting the phone.

So with about a week to go it seems most sales rep have no clue though. That just seems crazy to me. Oh well.
    01-24-13 04:20 PM
    I am not on Verizon, I have AT&T and they know less than Verizon about when they will be getting the BB10! The AT&T store here is owned by an individual and I stopped in to ask her about when they would start carrying them? She had no idea Blackberry was introducing a new phone. She promptly called Blackberry Customer Support to ask them what the scoop was and.......no one answered! lol She got a voice message saying they were in a meeting and would call her back before the end of the day. I'm still waiting for her phone call.
    01-24-13 04:59 PM
    I am not on Verizon, I have AT&T and they know less than Verizon about when they will be getting the BB10! The AT&T store here is owned by an individual and I stopped in to ask her about when they would start carrying them? She had no idea Blackberry was introducing a new phone. She promptly called Blackberry Customer Support to ask them what the scoop was and.......no one answered! lol She got a voice message saying they were in a meeting and would call her back before the end of the day. I'm still waiting for her phone call.
    I'd call the lady if I were you. She probably got real busy and forgot.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    01-24-13 05:54 PM

They'll get some training, but not a high level training..... basically bullet points on a PowerPoint presentation.

Probably all the info you'll see on the price tag under the display model.
    01-24-13 06:03 PM
    So with about a week to go it seems most sales rep have no clue though. That just seems crazy to me. Oh well.

Crazy to those of us who keep up with tech, standard MO for a big tech corporation who doesn't want to waste resources "training" front line sales staff.

Not to be confused with professional level "account executives" who get a bit more knowledge training, as they work larger business level contracts....
    01-24-13 06:08 PM
54 123