So this has been an issue since BB10 first came out, & I'm hoping someone will know how to fix it.

So albums don't list correctly in the music player. Instead of listing all the songs as being part of the same album they are split into a number of different albums (all named the same) This, as you can imagine is quite annoying. I have tried renaming the affected albums. Redone their ID3 tags using different programs & apps. I still can't fix the issue. All I've been able to do it just remove the affected albums from my phone (as they can cause an annoying mess) I'm hoping that by now someone has found a fix because I have an album on my computer I really want to put onto my phone.

(btw I have tested a affected albums on my computer & other mobile devices, no issues. I have no idea what causes the problem with BB10)
    12-06-14 12:10 PM
    BB10 Issue with listing Albums-img_20141206_144307.png
    BB10 Issue with listing Albums-img_20141206_144152.png

As you can see "Absolute Rock Ballard Classics" is all messed up, yet this issue doesn't affect all albums.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:15 PM
    I have same problem, frustrating....

/Bob 10.2.1.2941
    12-06-14 02:00 PM
    Not having that issue...but curious to hear what could be causing yours
    12-06-14 02:05 PM
    Not having that issue...but curious to hear what could be causing yours
    Yeah it's strange. It's only certain albums. Hopefully this will be fixed in 10.3.1 though I doubt it as it was still there with 10.3

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:22 AM
    The music app is totally messed up.

I was struggling with it for a very long time. I did manage to fix most issues with a pc software (I don't remember the name right now but it was free; I think it had "mp3 id" in its name).

The music app messes the album pictures as well. Lots of fixes needed in this area!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:35 AM
    Unfortunately, there are not a lot Blackberry 10 mp3 tagging apps. ID3iot, for example is only half-baked and doesn't get updated anymore. Use ID3Tag on PC (make sure that the songs one one album got the same album artist!) and Neutron Music Player on Blackberry 10.
    12-07-14 06:09 AM
    What I have found is sometimes you will have to see how the files are tagged. I use the free app call tagscanner and re-tag the album with all the same album info and that helps. Sometimes when an artist has a guest appearance on their album, it is tagged as "various artists" and that throws off the music app. I know it's a little work, but I am OCD about my music library. As Maxxxpower has stated use Neutron on BB10, it doesn't have that issue with the mp3 tag, plus its a great app with an EQ.
    12-07-14 06:13 AM
    Unfortunately, there are not a lot Blackberry 10 mp3 tagging apps. ID3iot, for example is only half-baked and doesn't get updated anymore. Use ID3Tag on PC (make sure that the songs one one album got the same album artist!) and Neutron Music Player on Blackberry 10.
    Yeah those are the 2 tagging app that I use. ID3iot has/had great potential. I just wish the developer hadn't abandoned it.

I have tried shipping all the ID3 info from an MP3 and rewriting it. Still doesn't work on some files....It's got to be something, I just don't know what.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 08:42 AM