01-21-2013, 08:11 AM #3
- 5,168 Posts
Is there any reason the BlackBerry 10 smartphones would not support IMAP, POP, Microsoft ActiveSync, and good old @carrier_name.blackberry.net email services? No. You have the only logical answer to your question. The only question at this point is clarification about the BlackBerry tiered data plans and whether these are in addition to a standard device-agnostic data plan. The BIS and BES data plans in the pre-tier years was a complete package with no add-ons necessary. Then we were given BlackBerry Social data plans in various configurations to muddy the waters. When the announcement was initially presented concerning a shift to BlackBerry tiered data plans a lot of questions remained unanswered.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
01-21-2013, 08:35 AM #5
- 5,198 Posts
The Dev Alpha already supports IMAP mail, so the answer is a clear "Yes" for BB10.
Edit: for those who are confused: the Dev Alpha has no email client (the Hub), so you can't actually see your messages, but it does pick them up etc via IMAP. Same as the PB but with improvements.
- By sam2500 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 13Last Post: 08-20-2009, 09:51 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 37Last Post: 01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
- By Angelus897 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
- By BVR in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2007, 09:52 AM
- By feo in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2007, 08:43 AM