IT DRIVES ME INSANE WHEN -
    It takes forever for fb to open
    It takes forever to open a FB convo in the hub
    When the banner pops up from a bbm message above and I push the convo, the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up.
    Dark mode for bbm there is a white flash before it opens.
    The hub let's me use landscape mode to type bbm messages, but the bbm app doesn't.

I love my BlackBerry Z10, but for the love of God, a modern phone should be smooth like a hot knife through butter. The whole idea of BlackBerry "flow" is interrupted with bush league bugs.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 02:10 PM
    I guess coming from a 9650 and a PlayBook... my Z10 is pretty snappy.

But yes there are some glitches.... we live with them and hope they get better, or we find another device with different glitches.
    05-01-14 03:19 PM
    When the banner pops up from a bbm message above and I push the convo, the keyboard doesn't automatically pop up.
    The hub let's me use landscape mode to type bbm messages, but the bbm app doesn't.

I love my BlackBerry Z10, but for the love of God, a modern phone should be smooth like a hot knife through butter. The whole idea of BlackBerry "flow" is interrupted with bush league bugs.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Are you on 10.2.1? Some of it sounds like connection problems the other ones try and do a reboot and BBM black theme and landscape mode is a problem.. BlackBerry 10 is a sweet phone but still only one year in the game so it's up to you to either fighting with BlackBerry 10 or change your device.. every OS has their glitches though, trust me. I know..

CB 10 APP
    05-01-14 04:08 PM
    Yup 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:02 AM
    Yup 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    you may want to try SIC multiwipe to do a clean wipe and then a fresh upgrade then start from afresh without restoring anything. Helped me a great deal with my z30. Now i dont remember the last time the fon had lags. Try that and post back op
    05-02-14 03:32 AM
    What is a sic multi swipe?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:47 AM
    With BlackBerry loosing a lot if their programmers in the last year, I can't see development speeding up.. it's going to take a miracle

Posted via a mess called CB10
    05-03-14 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever tried an Android phone? If you think BB10 is not smooth try to compare the "fliw" with that experience (and I am not talking about low end phones but Galaxy S4)
    And you will find out that the Z10 is smoother than an ice skating ring before the Olympic finals..

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:16 PM
    Have you ever tried an Android phone? If you think BB10 is not smooth try to compare the "fliw" with that experience (and I am not talking about low end phones but Galaxy S4)
    And you will find out that the Z10 is smoother than an ice skating ring before the Olympic finals..

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, my wife has the S4, hers opens FB quicker. I still prefer the Z10 hands down. Mine opened FB very slowly right after I upgraded to 10.2.1. After a week it began to open more quickly again.
    05-03-14 04:26 PM
    Sorry, my wife has the S4, hers opens FB quicker. I still prefer the Z10 hands down. Mine opened FB very slowly right after I upgraded to 10.2.1. After a week it began to open more quickly again.
    You are right, just tried a comparison opening the FB app from the two phones simultaneously. FB on the S4 wins.. definitely there is space for optimization and improvement.. on the other side the overall experience on BB10 looks more fluid than the one on the S4 don't you agree?

Posted via CB10
    Michael Weinberger likes this.
    05-03-14 04:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    That fb taking forever or seemingly not opening from the hub is a known bug in the earlier 10.2.1 builds which was fixed/improved in the later versions. Update to 10.2.1.2234. Nothing made by man is perfect, especially in the world of electronics hardware and software. If you want less lag, smoother performance why not update to a Z30 which has a faster SOC? Not sure about the other "bugs" you spoke about and I personally don't mind the portrait only bbm from the app but landscape option from within the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 05-03-14 at 05:37 PM.
    05-03-14 05:08 PM
    Mine also has the bug when opening BBM conversations from the preview the keyboard is not there, just a big black space.

Posted via CB10
    Michael Weinberger likes this.
    05-03-14 05:18 PM
    You are right, just tried a comparison opening the FB app from the two phones simultaneously. FB on the S4 wins.. definitely there is space for optimization and improvement.. on the other side the overall experience on BB10 looks more fluid than the one on the S4 don't you agree?

Posted via CB10
    Hands down I prefer the Z10. I actually considered the S4 despite the fact I hate Google. I really couldn't bring myself to buy an Android phone because of the horribly intrusive permissions. I do like the S4 though and looked for ways around the intrusions. In the end I couldn't do it.

As far as Android phones go, Samsung did a great job of making it work well, the Z10 is a better experience for the though. It becomes very natural once you use it a while. A friend wanted me to transfer a file to her via NFC, I got it ready and she had to figure out how to turn it on with he Samsung. I find the settings easy on BB10. I'm sure I'd get used to something else though. I just prefer the way BB10 works. It works well and doesn't seem cobbled together.
    05-03-14 06:05 PM