- the ability to block incoming calls on a contact-by-contact basis, tightly integrated into contact list(s). Toggle blocking for a contact, choose pickup+hangup or straight-to-voicemail, for each contact you want.

- add bulk blocking (pick block type for each rule you define) for a block of numbers (800-xxx-xxxx) or (800-7xx-xxxx) where the x is a wildcard

- block all numbers not in contacts (and pick block type)

- ability to quickly toggle on/off a rule, or the entire blocker.

- ability to auto send SMS of your choosing to any of the rules you have defined.
    kajenius likes this.
    11-07-12 10:35 PM
    Love the idea, but maybe not all the things mentioned because it could get complicated. To add one more thing, SMS answer to ignore calls. So like iphone and android, if ur getting a call and ur in a meeting or driving, one touch will ignore the call and send the caller the SMS.
    11-08-12 03:20 AM
    You probably mean well but the net effect of these threads is spamming the forums.
    One would have done just as well
    Qaxl and Barljo like this.
    11-08-12 06:30 AM
    You probably mean well but the net effect of these threads is spamming the forums.
    One would have done just as well
    Agreed. I can't help thinking that the OP's time typing all these threads would have been better spent submitting them to RIM. Who knows - there could be a job in it, or at the very least a shiny new phone if they pick up one of your ideas!
    11-09-12 02:57 AM
    I had a phone that did this years ago (I think it was an early windows phone but not sure). I loved it switching to vibrate on it's own based on calendar meeting schedule. Only issue was the meetings sometimes ran long and then I would get a call :-(

I hope your suggestion is included in 10

And I enjoy these kinds of posts, please continue suggestions for all of us to consider and comment on.
    11-10-12 09:10 AM
    These features would have been possible through an app on BBOS. I wonder if the same is true for BB10...
    11-10-12 12:02 PM
    Love the idea, but maybe not all the things mentioned because it could get complicated. To add one more thing, SMS answer to ignore calls. So like iphone and android, if ur getting a call and ur in a meeting or driving, one touch will ignore the call and send the caller the SMS.
    That's exactly it. When a call comes in, instead of just "answer" or "decline", add more options.

1) answer
    2) send to voicemail
    3) pickup/hangup (disconnect, to avoid telemarketers)
    4) send a friendly SMS, and then send to voicemail

So when you're driving, or busy or whatever, you can easily deal with it, with one tap.

But more than that, being able to program a list to do these things automatically, without interaction. Getting spammed by a telemarketer? Add it to the pickup/hangup list. Etc.
    MaxR_A likes this.
    11-10-12 03:05 PM
    - the ability to block incoming calls on a contact-by-contact basis, tightly integrated into contact list(s). Toggle blocking for a contact, choose pickup+hangup or straight-to-voicemail, for each contact you want.

- add bulk blocking (pick block type for each rule you define) for a block of numbers (800-xxx-xxxx) or (800-7xx-xxxx) where the x is a wildcard

- ability to quickly toggle on/off a rule, or the entire blocker.

- ability to auto send SMS of your choosing to any of the rules you have defined.
    THIS, plus allowing the user to Block people who send texts to your phone THROUGH their computer.
    11-12-12 10:00 PM
    no black list for bbz10,why?
    02-20-13 04:02 PM
    That's exactly it. When a call comes in, instead of just "answer" or "decline", add more options.

1) answer
    2) send to voicemail
    3) pickup/hangup (disconnect, to avoid telemarketers)
    4) send a friendly SMS, and then send to voicemail

So when you're driving, or busy or whatever, you can easily deal with it, with one tap.

But more than that, being able to program a list to do these things automatically, without interaction. Getting spammed by a telemarketer? Add it to the pickup/hangup list. Etc.

This is a great idea for BlackBerry 10! Instead of being limited to dragging your thumb up or down to pick up or decline a call only, maybe you could swipe left or right, or even diagonally to disposition incoming calls.

There could be an option under the Settings menu called 'Call Dispositioning Options' that would allow you to customize the placement of each function to swipe to (left, right, diagonal up and right/left, etc.) and the text message/BBM that you want to have sent.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MaxR_A; 02-20-13 at 07:08 PM.
    02-20-13 06:49 PM
    You can do this already, using parental controls.
    02-20-13 11:48 PM
    Is there any way to have a BB (current or OS10) play a sound file TO callers you specify in contact list?

I don't mean custom ringtone, but to play a sound such as below linked TO the caller so that telemarketing autodiallers can be fooled into thinking my line is disconnected.

K3PGP - Experimenters Corner - Zap telemarketers off your phone and answering machine!

I keep requesting to be removed from a specific caller's list and they keep re-adding me because they work for my mobile provider Rogers (and I am about to move to Telus!).

Thanks
    MB
    03-20-13 06:23 PM
    Great idea. "Send a text message" on incoming call would be great. Its also a basic feature in other Operating Systems.
    03-20-13 09:48 PM