Android uses this, I think it's very smart:

Instead of letting each app maintain credentials in-app (a Dropbox app, or LastPass app, etc), use a centralized and standardized "accounts" in settings to view and maintain all the credentials you've entered on your phone. Each app can create a credential set in-app, but the credentials themselves should be viewable/editable/revokable In the Settings>Accounts menu.
    11-07-12 11:12 PM
    Kinda exists already on the Playbook...but would be nice to see it expanded.
    11-07-12 11:21 PM
    I think something like the gist team at rim should do is this, great idea connect all to blackberry I'd.
    11-08-12 03:23 AM
    Android uses this, I think it's very smart:

Instead of letting each app maintain credentials in-app (a Dropbox app, or LastPass app, etc), use a centralized and standardized "accounts" in settings to view and maintain all the credentials you've entered on your phone. Each app can create a credential set in-app, but the credentials themselves should be viewable/editable/revokable In the Settings>Accounts menu.
    I believe this is already somewhat possible, and they are going to expand on it further in BB10, im assuming having an accounts API that can link the paypal, credit card, etc credentials from your BlackBerry ID and share it with other apps for in app purchases... heres hoping!
    CrackBerry - BB10 app world to offer movie and music purchases through carrier billing and BlackBerryID
    11-08-12 01:33 PM