I thought I'd share:
    Some friends were arguing how a 64bit iPhone would have the fastest OS and whatnot, so I explained to them how hardware is useless at a certain point, especially at this moment in time:

-already, 2011 hardware was sufficient for fluid interface, smooth scrolling in browser, pinch to zoom (even older iPhones were near perfect in this regard)
    -processors already fast enough for flash, browser, everything else as demonstrated by the Z10 or iPhone 4S

Taking this into account, I am pretty sure that the iPhone 6 processor could kill my BB Z10 or even my Passport in a performance per core-comparison benchmark. My BB devices are still the fastest however, regardless of specs:
    -Baseline performance was already sufficient for all possible (non-gaming) tasks
    -now the interface is the limiting factor:
    for example multitasking: swiping up on the screen and touching an app will always be faster then double clicking the home button, swiping to the needed app, and touching it
    -communicating with people through the HUB will always be faster then constantly having to switch to apps, double clicking again to go to your open app overview, and reselecting the app you were working in

Even if a hypothetical iPhone 9 would have 50 times the processing power of a BB Passport; if the iOS8 interface
    stays the same (/archaic) then the Passport would still be the faster phone.

On an Android phone however, specs do matter; but only in comparison to other Android phones; high specs mean your new android phone has the ability to run less ****ty as your old one. That is why Android fanboys can only look at specs. Also they fear non-removable batteries as the are conditioned to have to do a battery-pull a few times per phone during it's 'lifetime'. Anyway, just my 2 cents
    Pulkist and jevinzac like this.
    11-10-14 04:20 AM
    I thought I'd share:
    Some friends were arguing how a 64bit iPhone would have the fastest OS and whatnot, so I explained to them how hardware is useless at a certain point, especially at this moment in time:

-already, 2011 hardware was sufficient for fluid interface, smooth scrolling in browser, pinch to zoom (even older iPhones were near perfect in this regard)
    -processors already fast enough for flash, browser, everything else as demonstrated by the Z10 or iPhone 4S

Taking this into account, I am pretty sure that the iPhone 6 processor could kill my BB Z10 or even my Passport in a performance per core-comparison benchmark. My BB devices are still the fastest however, regardless of specs:
    -Baseline performance was already sufficient for all possible (non-gaming) tasks
    -now the interface is the limiting factor:
    for example multitasking: swiping up on the screen and touching an app will always be faster then double clicking the home button, swiping to the needed app, and touching it
    -communicating with people through the HUB will always be faster then constantly having to switch to apps, double clicking again to go to your open app overview, and reselecting the app you were working in

Even if a hypothetical iPhone 9 would have 50 times the processing power of a BB Passport; if the iOS8 interface
    stays the same (/archaic) then the Passport would still be the faster phone.

On an Android phone however, specs do matter; but only in comparison to other Android phones; high specs mean your new android phone has the ability to run less ****ty as your old one. That is why Android fanboys can only look at specs. Also they fear non-removable batteries as the are conditioned to have to do a battery-pull a few times per phone during it's 'lifetime'. Anyway, just my 2 cents

How fast can you sideload versus downloading an official App from the App store? What about upgrades of those Apps, how fast does your BlackBerry do it versus auto updates for Androids and IOS?
    jason9900 likes this.
    11-10-14 04:31 AM
    Nice writeup.
    I, however would like to see how BlackBerry manages to get the full out of this beautiful (yet monstrously capable) platform. Many of the features such as the minimalism of PlayBook OS and the effectiveness of BlackBerry OS are still missing, I won't get deep into it, but the way you shifted from one app to another way by just swiping on the screen was just wonderful.
    I am not a basher, but iOS and Android platform development took years and a lot of money to get them matured, (you may compare WP with BlackBerry 10) Apple, Google and Microsoft on the side note have other verticals to support them and those verticals are helping their RISK talk initiatives.
    Still, BlackBerry managed to get THIS much in literary 2 to 3 (running year) years time. I think it's analytically impossible for others to do.
    I rely on my BlackBerry from the dawn till the dusk, I do almost everything on it, it helps me get things done. I don't care if my mobile has pink or maroon color back or **** loads of accessories and applications available, if it can't do things I want to ITS OF NO USE.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 04:40 AM
    Gestures will never be as fast as physical home buttons. Samsung, LG have great multi-tasking and their flagship phones are extremely fast. The Hub is faster yeah, but depending on the amount of sources you have also more cluttered there is a reason why people prefer one app for sms, another one to chat... Email

Ios is a fluid system as long as people are using all the optimized Apple stuff, hence why Apple still suffers with third party performances here and there. The system is running well as long as people are doing the stuff apple allows them to do but if they aren't the experience suffers.

Bb10 is a love our don't like kind of thing.. Personally I prefer os7 because was more open and allowed more customization something bb10 still lacks. It may be fast if all the gestures are perfectly recognizable and or done from the phone without touching the screen but for me it's too complicated and I'm no it a fan of it. Even with the experience of Amazon the app store isn't even close to The playstyle or ios

Removable batteries have been discussed over and over again the gain far outweighs the losses.
    11-10-14 04:55 AM
    Gestures will never be as fast as physical home buttons. Samsung, LG have great multi-tasking and their flagship phones are extremely fast. The Hub is faster yeah, but depending on the amount of sources you have also more cluttered there is a reason why people prefer one app for sms, another one to chat... Email

Ios is a fluid system as long as people are using all the optimized Apple stuff, hence why Apple still suffers with third party performances here and there. The system is running well as long as people are doing the stuff apple allows them to do but if they aren't the experience suffers.

Bb10 is a love our don't like kind of thing.. Personally I prefer os7 because was more open and allowed more customization something bb10 still lacks. It may be fast if all the gestures are perfectly recognizable and or done from the phone without touching the screen but for me it's too complicated and I'm no it a fan of it. Even with the experience of Amazon the app store isn't even close to The playstyle or ios

Removable batteries have been discussed over and over again the gain far outweighs the losses.
    Filtering hub by application is probably even faster than finding the app on the home screen, and honestly I also feel like the slight swipe up is faster than a physical home button, I had galaxy s3/s4 before too, so I have plenty of xp with both

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    11-10-14 06:57 AM
    How fast can you sideload versus downloading an official App from the App store? What about upgrades of those Apps, how fast does your BlackBerry do it versus auto updates for Androids and IOS?
    Sideloading can actually be faster than download an official app sometimes depending on how large the file is

BlackBerry does it just as fast if not faster..?

For non-BlackBerry native apps, such as Snap or BitTorque (you have to sideload them to get them), you need to update manually, but any app through BlackBerry world or Snap or Amazon can be updated much more simply through their respective app.

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-10-14 12:40 PM
    So what is the best recourse for iOS, keep patching up or it's time to tear it down.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 01:15 PM
    I'd just like to give my two penny's worth here...

Let's get one thing straight. Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple or any of the other manufacturers handsets my be good. They may be great, and I've been in a position to be able to use most of them, but they do NOT, and I'll say that again, they DO NOT have the ability to truly multitask in the same way that BB10 does.

The BlackBerry 10 platform performs multi threading, so multiple applications can run simultaneously. Android and iOS do not.

Try it for yourself. Open YouTube and start playing a video. Whilst the video is playing, open another app. Now tell me if the video keeps playing?

On a BlackBerry, the video will happily keep playing in the background.

True, multi threaded, multitasking.

Nuff said.
    11-10-14 01:32 PM
    Auto update sounds like a pita imo. Notifications are welcome but nothing more. Sometimes I don't want to update. Say you don't have wifi, where does the data come from?

Secondly some versions of apps don't run as well on older devices so that might also Suck to auto update. Lol like the Facebook app split into Facebook plus messenger. I wouldn't have updated if I could

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    11-10-14 01:49 PM
    I'd just like to give my two penny's worth here...

Let's get one thing straight. Samsung, HTC, LG, Apple or any of the other manufacturers handsets my be good. They may be great, and I've been in a position to be able to use most of them, but they do NOT, and I'll say that again, they DO NOT have the ability to truly multitask in the same way that BB10 does.

The BlackBerry 10 platform performs multi threading, so multiple applications can run simultaneously. Android and iOS do not.

Try it for yourself. Open YouTube and start playing a video. Whilst the video is playing, open another app. Now tell me if the video keeps playing?

On a BlackBerry, the video will happily keep playing in the background.

True, multi threaded, multitasking.

Nuff said.
    that is not multi-tasking....multi-talsking is doing 2 things at once or close to it....when I had the note 3 i could split the screen in 2 to view 2 different thing at once or close to it...
    11-10-14 02:07 PM
    that is not multi-tasking....multi-talsking is doing 2 things at once or close to it....when I had the note 3 i could split the screen in 2 to view 2 different thing at once or close to it...
    It is indeed multitasking, in the more traditional, technical sense, as far as computing goes -- running several processes simultaneously (...or for-all-intents-and-purposes "simultaneously" - the task switching is usually to fast to be noticeable).

...and what you described is multitasking, too -- or at least a multitasking-facilitating UI element/paradigm.
    The distinction lies in who is doing the multitasking; You or the machine.
    Confusion on the matter is not unusual.

Of course, one tends to lead to the other (...and sometimes require it). :7

As for other operating systems; They can multitask perfectly well, and do -- It's just that design decisions have been made, regarding what applications and users are allowed to do, and what may and may not run in the background.

Whilst one might argue about the motivations for such deliberate limitations, they are always made for good reasons.
    Alain_A and spikesolie like this.
    11-10-14 02:51 PM