Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 Enterprise Setup

So I want to make sure that my company has everything ready for me to get a BB10. Can some one advise what is required to ensure enterprise syncing.??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Hey, you may want to take a look at BlackBerry Mobile Fusion webpage here. It's a complicated area because you need a server, proper internet supplied by your internet carrier, etc.
    Zach Gilbert

Twitter: @Zachgilbert

Doing my best to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Abuser

when you say enterprise, you want your work email on your bb10 phone or you want the whole package of having your phone being on a BDS?? your work email can easily hook up on your BB10 via active sync.
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

When the BB10 phones come out, you can use ActiveSync to get "email, contacts, and calendar" syncing through whatever system you have now for the current BB phones you're using. Quick and simple. It's exactly what you'd do right now for a PlayBook. It's what iOS and Android users do now to sync to Exchange. BUT, that is the bare-bones system. It lacks most of the real business-class stuff that makes BES BES – which stands for "BlackBerry Enterprise Server".

Right now, for instance, using a PlayBook with ActiveSync doesn't provide Tasks and Notes, and a Word or Excel file attached to a calendar item isn't even synced to the device for viewing, let alone for editing. It's really bare bones.

BES today, and the upcoming BES10 – which will be the new name for Mobile Fusion (which is actually available right now), provides those things that I just mentioned that ActiveSync lacks, plus all the sophistications that makes BES BES, including BlackBerry Balance (separate work and personal partitions on the phone), remote wipe of "everything", all kinds of controls, encrypted security, etc, etc.

So, now that I hopefully helped answer that OP, I want to add to the OP's original question, please.

I'm a one-man company and as an entrepreneur I'm very, very busy. I have no IT staff as yet. I use a major Exchange hosting company for my BES. But they have not even remotely begun to warm up to implementing Mobile Fusion (again, that's what's going to soon become BES10) and apparently won't do so for a long time to come – not until after they've been woken up by the incredible demand BB10 is going to garner. I asked the other of the two main Exchange hosting providers and they, too, have zero plans at this time to even consider implementing Mobile Fusion / BES10.

I don't want to have to wait. It seems it could be six to twelve months after the BB10 phones are out for this to occur, if not longer. And I’m certainly not interested in using a BB10 hone with ActiveSync. (Many people won’t mind doing that, but I’m quite reliant on the basic added features BES provides already.)

My questions, then, is whether it's at all realistic for me as a businessperson with great IT aptitude when it's simple and I have good guidance, but with zero actual IT admin know-how or capabilities, to run and implement my own Mobile Fusion locally (or perhaps on my web hosting provider’s server –though I have no clue if that's viable and I know they don't offer anything as such at this time). Or, if I might be able to find a good Exchange hosting provider who will soon offer Mobile Fusion (BES10) support (or who does already?).

Thanks!