Or I could just skip setting up multiple Outlook.com accounts and keep using my 9800 which works in exactly the way I want it.

While your suggestions may work, at the end of the day they're just convoluted workarounds for a problem that shouldn't exist.
    it's only a problem if you make it out to be. which, from the looks of it, you've set in stone and buried in the back yard.

but hey, at least I tried. fact is, I could care less if you upgrade or not. I "thought" you wanted a resolution, but all you wanted was someone with a shovel. good on you bud. enjoy your 9800. I'm going to go play with my z10 now.
    02-07-13 06:23 AM
    I just want to share my experience. We got my 3 Z10's 2 days ago and love it. I have 6 emails setup on it. 2 regular yahoo email accounts, 2 pop3 accounts (1 hosted by hostgator, 1 by local isp), 1 imap (hosted by hostgator) and 1 pop3 (exchange server) and 1 at outlook.com. The setup for all three were seamless and ALL the accounts seem to be using push as I get the emails instantly on all the accounts. They appear on the phone almost instantly. The other two phones have different accounts (local servers, live.ca, yahoo) and they also get their emails immediately. Not sure how/why etc, but they do work perfectly. I love my Z10
    02-07-13 10:22 AM
    Ok, I've read through part of this post, I can't figure this out.... I am using Rogers (yahoo) email, and on my Z10, my emails take about 15min to come in, this is not right. Does anyone know what settings in Yahoo email I need to set to get almost instant email?
    ditto.....but i think its a rogers thing....i tried everything...gonna call to see if they can recommend anything
    02-07-13 11:48 AM
    ditto.....but i think its a rogers thing....i tried everything...gonna call to see if they can recommend anything
    I chatted with rogers help on twitter and all they recommended I do is set the emails to check every 15 minutes. My rogers/yahoo account is my lifeline email... everything is connected to that email, and I have already come into a spot where someone emailed me and needed a response asap and I'm really good getting back to people and by the time I got the email, and responded it was too late (a friend was in a meeting and couldn't call me, but offered me tickets to the Toronto Raptors game for last night) but by the time the email got to me, my friend responded back and said it was too late, a coworker took the tickets
    02-07-13 12:03 PM
    If removing BIS from BB10 is a Step forward....Why? Why no one is explaining the whole situation from BlackBerry, or CrackBerry?

No official one is explaining this situation, so we are all old enough and for me i can conclusion: Something is very stinky here. It is 2Steps backwards for making business...Maybe the first BB10 Devices are only Moneymakers. If they earn enough they implement an option for BIS if you want to pay for.
    02-07-13 12:08 PM
    I chatted with rogers help on twitter and all they recommended I do is set the emails to check every 15 minutes. My rogers/yahoo account is my lifeline email... everything is connected to that email, and I have already come into a spot where someone emailed me and needed a response asap and I'm really good getting back to people and by the time I got the email, and responded it was too late (a friend was in a meeting and couldn't call me, but offered me tickets to the Toronto Raptors game for last night) but by the time the email got to me, my friend responded back and said it was too late, a coworker took the tickets
    same here.. i have been seeing what i can do! cause at least on my android i was able to forward my rogers email to my gmail and reply from GMAIL as my rogers account! that was a good feature.

i tried to do the same thing but you CANNOT change the REPLY FROM address on bb10... which sucks balls!

u can change how u receive (i.e. forward to an active sync email address) but the replying part u are SOL!
    02-07-13 02:23 PM
    Google's ending of active sync coinciding with the launch of BIS-less blackberry 10 devices is no coincidence. This is exactly what Google planned. If I cant have email/contacts/calendar in reliable sync and push that's probably going to prevent my purchase.
    02-07-13 03:28 PM
    on my android i was able to forward my rogers email to my gmail and reply from GMAIL as my rogers account! that was a good feature.

i tried to do the same thing but you CANNOT change the REPLY FROM address on bb10... which sucks balls!
    There's a good reason for that: RIM/Blackberry owns BIS. They know who you are, and they have your login credentials to your forwarded account. You don't want to make it trivial for anyone to just masquerade as someone else when sending emails, unless you want to have even more scammers trying to steal from you by pretending to be your wife or boss.

If Blackberry starts getting reports of scams propagating from that account that is masquerading as some other email address, A) they know who you are and can track you down instantly, and B) they can instantly cut off your access and put a stop to it.

But RIM doesn't do that with BB10 because RIM isn't in charge of the retrieval process on your original account, they have no idea if you actually have any control over some random email address you claim to own.

Gmail is known as a scammer haven, and that's probably one of the key reasons for that. Another one is that Gmail inexplicably hides source IP address information in email headers - I don't know of ANY other legit provider that does that. It provides great cover for 419 scammers from Nigeria and so on who are harder to track down unless you start begging Google to provide that data to you. With Microsoft Hotmail/Live Mail/Outlook.com or Yahoo, you can just look in the email header and see if someone who claims to be in Ohio is actually sitting on a satellite connection in Somalia or something.
    02-07-13 06:04 PM
    Dude IMAP IDLE is fairly much how ActiveSync works... and BTW: that is the protocol that google uses for their native email app.... No mystical hidden API...

People misunderstand the "15 minute sync option"... That's only if your IMAP does not support PUSH (IDLE)... Google does... so PUSH is there just like ActiveSync...
    02-07-13 06:11 PM
    I set up my gmail account using IMAP first. It pushes email fast, just like always. I then deleted them and set them up again using Microsoft Exchange setup... it pushes fast. To me there seems to be no difference in using IMAP or Exchange. Everything pushes and two-way sync using IMAP or Exchange... email, contacts and calendar. The only problem is either way, it only syncs your main calendar. I have 6 in need and it only does my main one leaving the other 5 out. I need a fix to sync all 6 calendars.
    02-07-13 06:13 PM
    Yep they should allow more calenders... But thanks for making it known that it works about the same between the two... CrackBerry should really clarify this in a article or something. Their initial review was wrong.
    02-07-13 06:21 PM
    I set up my gmail account using IMAP first. [...] The only problem is either way, it only syncs your main calendar. I have 6 in need and it only does my main one leaving the other 5 out. I need a fix to sync all 6 calendars.
    There is a BB10 app in Appworld that will reputedly allow you to sync multiple Google calendars:

BlackBerry World - Calendar Sync
    02-07-13 10:35 PM
    I have 6 in need and it only does my main one leaving the other 5 out. I need a fix to sync all 6 calendars.
    Multiple calendars for multiple personalities that have to be in multiple places at the same time?

You can only be in one place at any one time, why the need for multiple calendars?
    02-07-13 10:56 PM
    I think it's for shared calendars... I can see some use for them... If say your wife wants to add something... But I agree if you get too many what's the point?
    02-07-13 11:06 PM
    Multiple calendars for multiple personalities that have to be in multiple places at the same time?

You can only be in one place at any one time, why the need for multiple calendars?
    You're joking, right? You do realize this is CrackBerry? The site for BlackBerry abusers? I have 7 calendars that my device needs to sync, everything from satellite feed schedules to studio booking schedules to equipment booking schedules to my personal schedule to my family members schedules..
    austriker and southlander like this.
    02-07-13 11:16 PM
    Yes, multiple calendars for multiple users. Myself, Work, Home, Wife, Son and Daughter. We share our calendars so we know what is going on. With my son in rep hockey and my daughter in competitve dance, plus all my wifes hair appointements, facials, mani-pedi's..... my calendar and my work calendar are the only ones that have time for a beer!
    02-08-13 01:33 AM
    FYI there is a special dedicated IMAP server for Blackberry users maintained by Yahoo. I don't know at this point with BB10 if there is any distinction between using that server and the 'generic' Yahoo IMAP servers. (I posted the hostname earlier in this thread)
    I tried using imap.rim.mail.yahoo.com that you posted earlier and there's still a 15 minute delay. Gmail is always instant using the default setup, hotmail is usually pretty fast (using exchange activesync at m.hotmail.com), but yahoo is by far the slowest
    02-08-13 11:21 AM
    Well the key is if Yahoo supports IMAP IDLE... That's the key for instant email like Google.
    02-08-13 07:54 PM
    I tried using imap.rim.mail.yahoo.com that you posted earlier and there's still a 15 minute delay. Gmail is always instant using the default setup, hotmail is usually pretty fast (using exchange activesync at m.hotmail.com), but yahoo is by far the slowest
    When you configured Yahoo, did you enable the "Push" slider in the IMAP settings?

Did they remove the pre-configured Yahoo entry in email account setup? Looks like they did remove the AOL option that used to be there, guess that shouldn't be a surprise..

Several people with Z10's I've read comments from claim that Yahoo mail comes in very quickly, I have a feeling there is just a configuration issue there somewhere.
    02-08-13 07:57 PM
    When you configured Yahoo, did you enable the "Push" slider in the IMAP settings?

Did they remove the pre-configured Yahoo entry in email account setup? Looks like they did remove the AOL option that used to be there, guess that shouldn't be a surprise..

Several people with Z10's I've read comments from claim that Yahoo mail comes in very quickly, I have a feeling there is just a configuration issue there somewhere.
    nope Yahoo is only IMAP... not IMAP-IDLE (IMAP PUSH).. that slider that says "if supported" are for services that use IMAP IDLE .. like Google or Hotmail/Live/Outlook.

maybe Yahoo will jump on board, but it took them a while to change from POP3 to IMAP..
    02-08-13 10:43 PM
    POP accounts cannot be pushed.. not with BB10, not with iphone or android either.. HOWEVER most email providers also support IMAP.. with IMAP (IDLE) you can receive service equivalent to push..
    but.. one can auto forward all email from a pop3 service to another service that does support push. then configure your account on your device to be the push based provider. with pop3 you could also opt to leave mail on the server so that other things like pc email clients can still pull mail from the old provider.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 11:13 PM
    Yes, it's understood that none of those platforms can push POP accounts. But BB7 and before could do it perfectly. And if they take that away completely from BB10, which I hope they haven't still, it would be a big issue. Like ssbtech said, if Blackberry can't do what Blackberry does better than the others, what shot does it have?

I'm still sticking with BB10 though.
    well. what rim was doing was not selling in the consumer market in north america. they don't really have a choice.

02-08-13 11:19 PM
    nope Yahoo is only IMAP... not IMAP-IDLE (IMAP PUSH).. that slider that says "if supported" are for services that use IMAP IDLE .. like Google or Hotmail/Live/Outlook.

maybe Yahoo will jump on board, but it took them a while to change from POP3 to IMAP..
    Yahoo has push. Problem is, it's proprietary and BB10 doesn't support it right now. (Neither does Windows Phone 8, for what it's worth.)

So for the moment, looks like it's going to be limited to 15-min polling intervals on BB10.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-03-13 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Corrected Yahoo misinformation.
    02-08-13 11:28 PM
    How do they push POP to my phone with no BIS? And I've been waiting 15 minutes for BIS to check the account for messages for the last two years. That's how often Outlook checks the server too. Works fine for me.
    because you can just set up your account on your bb10 phone as type=pop3.

02-08-13 11:29 PM
    I personally don't like being advertised to, never mind my inbox content being used to determine what ads they should show me.

Google is a nasty company when it comes to data mining. One reason why I'll never touch an Android phone.
    who says google scans the inbox for determining ads? they can just as easily scan incoming mail as it arrives.

02-08-13 11:37 PM
414 ... 1314151617