When u search for a song and play it, the playlist defaults to the album that song is in. Theres no way to let it continue playing through your entire library.

Also while you are playing a song, there is no way to tap on the artists name or the album name to jump to either. In bbos, you could tap on the artist name and album while in the "now playing" screen. Thats very useful.

Otherwise the layout is nice, it incorporates flow nicely. I personally have no problem with the sound quality either as many have posted

Posted via CB10
    After your search, tap the song to play. It will play the song and also show a list of all the other songs in the same album and also the rest of the songs and albums by the same artist. During play via this list, if you tap on the album art icon at the top right hand corner, it will take you into that particular album. When the full album art is displayed, you can access the album list either by tapping on it or swiping down the album art.
    02-09-14 12:08 AM
    I'm guessing no one knows if Neutron for BB10 is an Android port or not?
    Anyone?
    02-09-14 10:23 AM
    I'm guessing no one knows if Neutron for BB10 is an Android port or not?
    Anyone?
    I always thought it was.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:30 AM
    I always thought it was.

Posted via CB10
    It is a native BB and a native Android port as well.
    02-09-14 10:36 AM
    It is a native BB and a native Android port as well.
    Which is it? You have confuzzled me, you have!!
    02-09-14 05:46 PM
    Which is it? You have confuzzled me, you have!!
    Seems I'm confused myself. Back when it came out for playbook I was under the impression it isa native app, in meaning it was. .bar file. From what I can get out of their web page, it was initially developed for Android but was adapted to .bar for the PB, then for BB10, then later for iOS. What it isn't is an android app running on the BB Android runtime.
    See, much clearer <:-/q
    PS: Think of it as being more processor-centric than OS- centric.
    02-09-14 06:15 PM
    Neutron. Brilliant have that on my PlayBook too I use grado. Headphones sri80

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:41 PM
    I don't have a problem with the sound. As I said elsewhere in this thread, the BB10 player lacks the ability to sort by some other crucial (to me anyway) fields, like Composer, without confusing it with Artist. If you listen to classical music at all, you know these are 2 very different criteria. All of my classical files are identified by both Composer and performer (Artist), yet there is no easy way to play several recordings by different Artists of the same piece (Track name) automatically.

My other dislikes are along the same lines - the inability to sort files by other fields which I use in the ID tags.

Aside from adding an EQ I fail to see what is wrong with it. I can navigate it quickly, it displays album art, has quick access to change tracks when pulling down album art, has quick access to volume, skip via volume buttons... what's lacking?

Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    02-09-14 09:08 PM
    No offense, but I don't see sort by composer high on their priority list.
    I don't have a problem with the sound. As I said elsewhere in this thread, the BB10 player lacks the ability to sort by some other crucial (to me anyway) fields, like Composer, without confusing it with Artist. If you listen to classical music at all, you know these are 2 very different criteria. All of my classical files are identified by both Composer and performer (Artist), yet there is no easy way to play several recordings by different Artists of the same piece (Track name) automatically.

My other dislikes are along the same lines - the inability to sort files by other fields which I use in the ID tags.

02-09-14 09:17 PM
    None taken. :-)

I don't expect Blackberry to change its music app for classical musicians. But right now I don't see an alternative player which does what I need. On my PC I can open a folder where I keep classical files by composer, list them by Detail and sort by anything. I can then highlight a group of files and queue them up to play in one of several terrific players: VLC, Media Plyr Classic, or even an early version of Winamp. I haven't found anything for BlackBerry which comes close to those.

Btw I listen to plenty of rock too, but would like a player which can handle any genre equally well.

No offense, but I don't see sort by composer high on their priority list.

02-09-14 09:28 PM
    Sometimes you have to pony up $ for the features you want. I just got Neutron (2dys) and I think it's a solid app that will continue to improve. I use the headphone jack to line-out to my stereo and wasn't getting very good sound w/the native player, Neutron fixed that and is worth every penny.
    02-09-14 10:54 PM

The BB10 player is not a dedicated music player like my rockboxed clip, so tag support is limited.
    02-09-14 11:33 PM
    Seems I'm confused myself. Back when it came out for playbook I was under the impression it isa native app, in meaning it was. .bar file. From what I can get out of their web page, it was initially developed for Android but was adapted to .bar for the PB, then for BB10, then later for iOS. What it isn't is an android app running on the BB Android runtime.
    See, much clearer <:-/q
    PS: Think of it as being more processor-centric than OS- centric.
    I think I understand

Any other offers to clear this up?
    02-09-14 11:52 PM
    Yes, that much is clear. Before I "pony up" for something which may be way more than I'm looking for, I really would love to see features added to the BB10 player to make it more useful. This is my first smartphone so maybe no phone's player is that sophisticated (but BlackBerry could be the first perhaps).

Slightly offtopic:
    I also have a Sanza Clip+ mp3 player which I still use quite a bit. Is this what you have, Bishkin, or are you talking about something else?

The BB10 player is not a dedicated music player like my rockboxed clip, so tag support is limited.

02-09-14 11:56 PM
    Yes, that much is clear. Before I "pony up" for something which may be way more than I'm looking for, I really would love to see features added to the BB10 player to make it more useful. This is my first smartphone so maybe no phone's player is that sophisticated (but BlackBerry could be the first perhaps).

Slightly offtopic:
    I also have a Sanza Clip+ mp3 player which I still use quite a bit. Is this what you have, Bishkin, or are you talking about something else?

Methinks Bishkin speaks of the Clip, of which I also own. Best music player I've owned.
    02-09-14 11:59 PM

Slightly offtopic:

Yes, that's what I got and still using. Just my lazy way of referring to it as the clip.

I don't see a problem with additional tags sorting on my Z10 and I too listen to quite a bit of classical.
    02-10-14 12:19 AM
    I agree about the Composer for Classical thing. I would truly love to have an option of having to display the composer when the genre's classical. On this genre, the composer is as important as the artist. For example, there's a piece called "Le quattro stagioni Concerto No. 2 in G minor 'L'estate' III. Presto" composed by Antonio Vivaldi and performed by Christopher Warren Green, a famous violinist and conductor. I'm not saying it should be done immediately, I just think it is a nice option to have

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Ragbert likes this.
    02-10-14 01:29 AM
    Thank you! Exactly!

I agree about the Composer for Classical thing. I would truly love to have an option of having to display the composer when the genre's classical. On this genre, the composer is as important as the artist. For example, there's a piece called "Le quattro stagioni Concerto No. 2 in G minor 'L'estate' III. Presto" composed by Antonio Vivaldi and performed by Christopher Warren Green, a famous violinist and conductor. I'm not saying it should be done immediately, I just think it is a nice option to have

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925

02-10-14 01:50 AM
143 ... 456