I think we should make an unofficial petition that RIM preloaded all the BB10 phones with the CB app and CB forums app!!!!

We all knows that RIM values CB as a free place for them to feel out their customers. We are the largest BB site out there with 3M members and 8M people visiting every month!!

We know that even the Thorsten knows how HUGE of a deal CB is with making his first official call as CEO to our own CBK!!!

Yes there are an excess amount of haters on CB in the past few months but it is still a great place for new users to get answers/help from senior users. CB is a great place to be lets share it with all 75M BB users out there!!!!!
    04-09-12 06:05 PM
    I like the cut of your jib!

Let's make it happen... I'll start by tweeting this thread out to build some awareness in addition to its presence in the forums.
    JAGWIRE and jkomo001 like this.
    04-09-12 06:18 PM
    Heck, why not? Mr. Heins?
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-09-12 06:21 PM
    Yeah I'm all up for it as said in the other thread Jagwire
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-09-12 06:30 PM
    Here's my support! Will the preloaded sample video be kevin's workout video?
    JAGWIRE and DaBear5 like this.
    04-09-12 06:32 PM
    That would be crazy, and such a success for CrackBerry. I don't know if its that simple. I don't know what RIM's interests are, but its an interesting thought.
    04-09-12 07:03 PM
    Here's my support! Will the preloaded sample video be kevin's workout video?
    Lol� I second that
    04-09-12 07:13 PM
    I agree too
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-09-12 07:18 PM
    I actually created a petition,

Please sign it
    https://www.change.org/petitions/rim...crackberry-app

Also have an article here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ry-app-715331/
    JAGWIRE and Chrisy like this.
    04-09-12 07:21 PM
    Think of it this way...

Instead of people going to BB customer support, they could just come to CB for help.

On top of that, they can even register with CB as part of their phone's setup, which means the user has a better chance of discovering the CB community, which is very, very welcoming of its own kind.

Now THAT would be great positive reinforcement and validation for people's decision, thus making the new BB users want to tell their friends.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-09-12 07:56 PM
    Ya, I really don't think that will ever happen.
    04-09-12 07:56 PM
    It would be nice if this happens to give it a running start...
    04-09-12 08:16 PM
    I don't think it's a good idea for RIM to be supporting a for profit, private fan company which is part of a larger company that includes other platforms, while not offering the same opportunity for other BlackBerry fan communities.
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-09-12 08:19 PM
    Don't see it or want it to happen. Definitely too large of an anti-bb population here. Not enough fans, and not too friendly here if you are one.
    04-09-12 09:55 PM
    I like the idea. CrackBerry has been a great place for BlackBerry information. I'll sign.
    04-09-12 09:58 PM
    i would say yes to this idea if the app itself was revised so it doesnt look exactly like tapatalk, which alot of us already use.
    04-09-12 10:14 PM
    I love this idea! Besides, this place is more fun and informative than those little booklets that come with the phones!
    04-09-12 11:51 PM
    Wow. Walk new BB users right into a huge active community. Love it.
    04-09-12 11:54 PM
    It would certainly lighten the load on carriers/RIM's support departments.

Yes, quite like the idea.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-10-12 12:01 AM
    Thanks for the support in my idea everyone!! It was just a funny thought but to have it actually happen... To be apart of BB in a very real sence....you guys have no idea what this means to me...thank you all!!!!
    ...and for CBK to thank me himself is just an honor.

LETS ROCK AND ROLL THIS!!!!!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    04-10-12 02:57 PM
    It would certainly lighten the load on carriers/RIM's support departments.

Yes, quite like the idea.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    In my mind, it's not even about lightening the support load ... bringing users on board, especially users new to BB, into this forum will give them more of a sense of belonging to a BB enthusiast community rather than just owning a BB product. It can only maximize the chances of them having a positive experience with and about the brand right out of the gate. As annoyed as I get sometimes with the seemingly constant negativity, CB has still made my BB experience many times better than if I had to wing it on my own from the start. Everything from tips and tricks to issue resolution to cool apps that I never would have found or even thought to look for. It's a marketing masterstroke!
    04-10-12 04:04 PM
    In my mind, it's not even about lightening the support load ... bringing users on board, especially users new to BB, into this forum will give them more of a sense of belonging to a BB enthusiast community rather than just owning a BB product. It can only maximize the chances of them having a positive experience with and about the brand right out of the gate. As annoyed as I get sometimes with the seemingly constant negativity, CB has still made my BB experience many times better than if I had to wing it on my own from the start. Everything from tips and tricks to issue resolution to cool apps that I never would have found or even thought to look for. It's a marketing masterstroke!

I don't know if there is enough time to create a BB 10 native crackberry application.

Most likely what is going to happen is the crackberry themed playbook application(android) will end up on BB 10.
    04-10-12 04:05 PM
    I don't know if there is enough time to create a BB 10 native crackberry application.

Most likely what is going to happen is the crackberry themed playbook application(android) will end up on BB 10.
    I'm sure Kevin could scrape up a dev resource or two if he puts his mind to it.
    04-10-12 04:08 PM
    Yup.

That's why I think setting up a CB account should be a apart of the set up process on BB10 phones. Well, not MANDATORY, but at least prompt the user upon set up and let them "skip for now" or "create an account".
    04-10-12 10:23 PM
    I signed...I like the idea and hope to see it put in place when I buy my new OS10 phone
    04-10-12 11:05 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD