Which phone has the best color accuracy in the BB10 stable? I'm assuming the Passport. How's the Classic?

The Q10, Q5, and Z30 are atrocious in my experience.

How does the Passport or Classic compare to iOS or Android offerings?

The reason I'm curious about this is I'd like to use my phone as an intermediary device for backing up and viewing photographs while on the go (from a DSLR or other high end digital camera).

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 10:08 AM
    There are some tools on Benchmarks (Phone Arena) that compare Color Accuracy based on actual testing and not just opinions. Unfortunately due to BlackBerry's position in the market... they haven't bother testing any BB10 devices.

They also did a top ten list (again no BlackBerry due to lack of testing) Flying colors - here are 10 of the most color-accurate smartphones you can buy

Those Super AMOLED devices just aren't good a true color rendering and being that the Classic and the LEAP are LCD devices, but built to be "cheap" devices, I wouldn't want to count on them. So if a BlackBerry is a must, I'd say the Passport is your best solution.
    06-09-15 12:00 PM
    Thanks for the links and advice, very helpful.

I found some good information about the Passport, and it seems to have a pretty good color temperature and neutral color accuracy compared to a lot of phones on the market.

Take a look at this: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Bla...854/benchmarks

The Classic seems to be pretty decent according to their charts. Perhaps even the most color accurate.

The real benefit of bb10 is being able to adjust the warmth of the screen in the display settings. I'm not sure if other platforms have more robust screen calibration tools.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 12:21 PM
    Your best bet would be a "Leap", or "Passport" for the best colour reproduction.

IMO, the Q5 is actually pretty decent.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    06-09-15 02:41 PM
    Your best bet would be a "Leap", or "Passport" for the best colour reproduction.

IMO, the Q5 is actually pretty decent.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    Did you see the link I left in my previous post? It shows the Classic as having the most accurate color temperature and individual color accuracy. And not even just among other BB10 phones. Also besting Apple and Samsung.

Very surprising. Have any Classic users noticed a marked improvement in color reproduction quality?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 02:56 PM